Regarding the Warclaim

itdontmatta

Will the war zone plugin be the new standard for all field battles from now onwards?

1 minute ago, MyNameIsMason said:

shouldn't exactly be expected for the staff to pull off.

I don't know how you expect wars to be resolved, the whole reason wars exist is because of the failure of diplomacy 

Thanks for the communication on it. Takes a lot of tries and refinement to get complex systems like these working smoothly. I believe!!!

Really do feel that most of the playerbase doesn't necessarily want to warily wade into another situation where we have to deal with a faulty plugin. It seems that the reality of minecraft pvp is that it is already relatively hard to organize multiple hundreds of people battling simultaneously. To tackle on somewhat needlessly complicated systems will always introduce variables that might fail. My only suggestion is until there is actually an ironclad plugin that has been stresstested and fixed over the course of months as it should be. I personally don't want to see the developers be overworked to rush out a plugin that the community feels is unnecessary. Let's reassess this and perhaps continue with a warclaim that relies on absolutely 0 plugins and is a simple field battle where we don't need to cross our fingers and hope these plugins work, which just irritates the players that spend hours just trying to show faith for their respective nations and have a simple and fun warclaim. 

can I get unbanned till the 2nd warclaim happens

This is hard, the labor is free, and it's just a hobby. Looking forward to the WC proper.

@Llir I apologize for my toxicity as clearly you were not at fault. It doesn't justify what I did but it's clear that we all need to do better.

@itdontmatta Thank you for taking liability. When an incident like this occurs you should make announcements on the live server (We fucked up, sorry, we'll be writing a post, etc) to keep everyone calm and prevent angry community members from lashing out at staff members.

what a way to bring in the new year

18 minutes ago, MyNameIsMason said:

Thank you for trying, others may disagree with me, but I would say this is an rp server and I would also say that pvp warclaims are something that shouldn't exactly be expected for the staff to pull off. I appreciate all the staff, and especially the ones that got a bunch of hate due to their attempts to make an enjoyable warclaim experience. ALso, thank you for keeping us up to date :)

uh no

warclaims, i.e battles, are an infinitely more important part of roleplay than your fireside chats

they are probably the single most important things for staff to pull off, as they shape the fate of the rOlEplAy world in a way almost nothing else can

1 minute ago, Basil Moroul said:

I don't know how you expect wars to be resolved, the whole reason wars exist is because of the failure of diplomacy 

So many ways wars could be resolved, but none of them would be as fair as what staff is trying to do imo

maxresdefault.jpg

LotC staff trying to make any system, coded or bureaucratic, accommodate more than 20 players actively using it at a time.

We should probably try to code things that make roleplay work better rather than coding node crafting plugins, fast travel teleportation circle plugins, and command post PvP plugins like Runescape, World of Warcraft, and Battlefront II.

This is still a roleplay server, right? I was told this was the world's #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server.

1 minute ago, argonian said:

uh no

warclaims, i.e battles, are an infinitely more important part of roleplay than your fireside chats

they are probably the single most important things for staff to pull off, as they shape the fate of the rOlEplAy world in a way almost nothing else can

Ah yes, my "fireside chats" thank you for separating me from your factions server. Though I agree that warclaims, battles, etc are more important that slice of life rp, what I was trying to say is that it's difficult to expect however many staff there are to pull off something that I don't think Minecraft was meant to pull off. But yeah in my post I did undervalue how important warclaims are, thanks for correcting me!

A Reminder to keep things civil please.

hi my names eryane and im now raising money to finally get a mouse (please help i cannot pursue my pvp goon dreams with a trackpad)

oh & thank you @itdontmattabut please remember to sleep and if not try all the different lattes at starbucks to keep yourself awake