Regarding the Warclaim

itdontmatta

Regardless of who was on which side that was legitimately an experience that was tantamount to why this game is a waste of time. It is wrong on so many levels to advertise the way you guys did, especially when the tests on the beta server weren't even running smoothly.

No fault to the Mods and Techs who did janitorial work, but if somebody ran a WC like this under Pandan's team in 2015 they would have been taken out back and shot like it was a reenactment of the Death of Stalin.

Many people won't be attending again. For those of you who kept calm despite it all, good on you honestly because you have the patience of a Saint. But for many of us this goes beyond any of that. I've decided personally that this isn't worth my own patience after having seen this happen for over a year nonstop.

If you can't test or make wars happen, do not advertise them. Fix the issue, and do not continue to advertise a game-play mechanic that doesn't exist. If that can't be done, switch to being pure Slice of Life with raids. As individuals, everybody's fine. I got along better today with my literal enemies in Haense + Urguan + Coalition than I did the staff honestly.

If you can't do better, don't claim to.

End rant.

I'm done malding.

10 minutes ago, EXCITED said:

If you can't test or make wars happen, do not advertise them. Fix the issue, and do not continue to advertise a game-play mechanic that doesn't exist. If that can't be done, switch to being pure Slice of Life with raids. As individuals, everybody's fine. I got along better today with my literal enemies in Haense + Urguan + Coalition than I did the staff honestly.

If you can't do better, don't claim to.

End rant.

I'm done malding.

I’d rather have had my side lose but been able to actually get on the war server and fight than have the entire thing flop like it has today. At least if my side lost in a non-crashed war server somebody would’ve been winning instead of the entire server taking a massive L, having all their time investment be for nothing, and being reminded not to get their hopes too high for future projects.

To be completely honest, situations like this make me question why I even come back to this server after 10 years of being here. Its narrative is stagnant to the point of insanity. YOU, staff, need to honestly come to understand that making things more complex because you guys did something cool doesn't trump simple clicking when it comes to war claims. This whole map has been trying to remake the wheel, from all the node and crafting plugins to this. Stop wasting your own time and everyone else, the bottom line is vanilla based systems work. If you want something unique don't throw minecraft's vanilla functions out the window. Stop trying to code a video game and work on strengthening the code of the server.

The best thing this server could do is go back to its barebone functions of being a Minecraft based RP server.

Start getting rid of staff teams unless they do their functions in a timely manner, remove a lot of the red tape and let players create their own narratives again. This is the most pressing issue. At this point, nations should just rally on the main world and duke it out without staff intervention. The bureaucratic state of LOTC is sucking the fun and creativity out of a lot of potential roleplay. If you guys can't make something work, hand it over to the players or downgrade your ambitions.

9 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I’d rather have had my side lose but been able to actually get on the war server and fight than have the entire thing flop like it has today. At least if my side lost in a non-crashed war server somebody would’ve been winning instead of the entire server taking a massive L, having all their time investment be for nothing, and being reminded not to get their hopes too high for future projects.

Yeah, I had fun playing with you despite all that Jumper, your messages helped keep me sane. As long as LoTC has people like you and some of the others I spoke to, it won't be a total abject loss to be around.

Staff could learn from y'all.

Why do we need plugins? Just have a straight-up field battle.  You're trying to fix a problem that you created. 

Besides a few restarts I am pleased on how it really had little effects on the main sever, as i was still rping during the war.

No 3-hour long point system warzone warclaim. Think we should just do a straight up charge in the middle and see who the victor is in a few minutes. Though the idea of having a point system can make it fair for those that are greatly outnumbered to hopefully tire out the opposing force to perhaps win via point system. Even though no warclaim happened it's good that this happened as it gave you and the other war team people more information on what it is to be fixed.

Okay let me just lay this down, a lot of you keep asking why not just do a field war with no plugins and just straight pvp, but as someone who is a student from numerous technical fields for you let me lay the facts that I'm self aware of.

Minecraft all in itself is not built to have so many people in one field fighting on one chunk, that's the biggest issue with not using plugins to regulate such issues and why its so hard for tech and staff to find a solution for these sort've things. Even servers like Hypixel who handle hundreds of people at one time regulate by using smaller sub-servers off of the main hub there are never that many people in one lobby at once.  I see the most viable solution instead of being an open field being a warclaim that is done in waves of smaller groups but I can see the controversy with that. When that many players are within a few chunks of each other, the amount of player entities that the server has to send to each player increases exponentially. For example, 50 players all have to see each other so all 49  of those other people are being sent to each player through the servers system.

We have been having the same problems with war for years, why do we need fancy plugins in our click battles?

Are single life elimination warclaims unfeasible nowadays? Seems like adding new problems to an already problematic issue wasn't the best course of action. Don't understand how adding warzone-based mechanics to warclaims can mitigate lag and crashes in the first place.

1 hour ago, MayRndz said:

Okay let me just lay this down, a lot of you keep asking why not just do a field war with no plugins and just straight pvp, but as someone who is a student from numerous engineering and technical fields for you let me lay the facts that I'm self aware of.

Minecraft all in itself is not built to have so many people in one field fighting on one chunk, that's the biggest issue with not using plugins to regulate such issues and why its so hard for tech and staff to find a solution for these sort've things. Even servers like Hypixel who handle hundreds of people at one time regulate by using smaller sub-servers off of the main hub there are never that many people in one lobby at once.  I see the most viable solution instead of being an open field being a warclaim that is done in waves of smaller groups but I can see the controversy with that. When that many players are within a few chunks of each other, the amount of player entities that the server has to send to each player increases exponentially. For example, 50 players all have to see each other so all 49  of those other people are being sent to each player through the servers system.

You just split the groups. If there's 300 people pvping, split it up into three separate battles of 100 people each.