Regarding the Warclaim

itdontmatta

thanks for owning up to the mistakes but this claim was a total dumpster fire,  screwed up time and date
tons of grind wasted because suddenly, were all getting free darn gear, the commitment to the same mistakes as last time, due to the high player count, alot of players were flat out pissed and tbh i was in that group for i have alot to lose in this war and i hate PvP and what it does to people. So i would like to suggest, take the time needed to ensure we can all try and have fun even enjoy the battle ahead and dont do sundays people got work and school the next day, do saturdays we aint doing shit that day anyway

i wish you lot better luck next time and dont jump ship, shit happens but all we can do is learn from it 

cant we just have all NLs agree on a date and a time and have them pvp it out on some field on the main server?

9 hours ago, Caelria said:

We should probably try to code things that make roleplay work better rather than coding node crafting plugins, fast travel teleportation circle plugins, and command post PvP plugins like Runescape, World of Warcraft, and Battlefront II.

>people complain the fast travel plugin is broken
>fix fast travel plugin
>people complain fast travel plugin

pay me and I'll make the plugins you want to be made lmfao

7 hours ago, MayRndz said:

Okay let me just lay this down, a lot of you keep asking why not just do a field war with no plugins and just straight pvp, but as someone who is a student from numerous engineering and technical fields for you let me lay the facts that I'm self aware of.

Minecraft all in itself is not built to have so many people in one field fighting on one chunk, that's the biggest issue with not using plugins to regulate such issues and why its so hard for tech and staff to find a solution for these sort've things. Even servers like Hypixel who handle hundreds of people at one time regulate by using smaller sub-servers off of the main hub there are never that many people in one lobby at once.  I see the most viable solution instead of being an open field being a warclaim that is done in waves of smaller groups but I can see the controversy with that. When that many players are within a few chunks of each other, the amount of player entities that the server has to send to each player increases exponentially. For example, 50 players all have to see each other so all 49  of those other people are being sent to each player through the servers system.

Wanna add on to this. Minecraft is bad at running big servers - At peak time yesterday, as far I could see, there were 408 people online. To put that into context, Mojang themselves are comfortable running servers up to 11 players (See: Minecraft Realms). It was not the plugin. I can promise you, with some certainty, that the server would not have survived even if there were no plugins. There is solutions to these problems, but they're above the pay-grade for anyone in the tech team, and most people who actually get paid. Hell, as far as I know even big servers don't apply them because they're just too much work.

Don't blame the plugins, don't blame the tech or the mods spending countless hours of their free time on trying to make the war work. I've said this before and I'll say it again; We're not here to ruin your fun. We play ourselves, we want this kind of thing to happen just as much as you all want. 

8 hours ago, MayRndz said:

Okay let me just lay this down, a lot of you keep asking why not just do a field war with no plugins and just straight pvp, but as someone who is a student from numerous engineering and technical fields for you let me lay the facts that I'm self aware of.

Minecraft all in itself is not built to have so many people in one field fighting on one chunk, that's the biggest issue with not using plugins to regulate such issues and why its so hard for tech and staff to find a solution for these sort've things. Even servers like Hypixel who handle hundreds of people at one time regulate by using smaller sub-servers off of the main hub there are never that many people in one lobby at once.  I see the most viable solution instead of being an open field being a warclaim that is done in waves of smaller groups but I can see the controversy with that. When that many players are within a few chunks of each other, the amount of player entities that the server has to send to each player increases exponentially. For example, 50 players all have to see each other so all 49  of those other people are being sent to each player through the servers system.

It was working perfectly fine once they disabled the plugin, no lag at all so I'm unsure where you got this idea that a field battle without the plugin would be worse

1 hour ago, Polysemic said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again; We're not here to ruin your fun. We play ourselves, we want this kind of thing to happen just as much as you all want. 

Vortex

Nodes

Inflationtaxes

Activity deadlines

AH & Bank

No freebuild

Bad language filter for rp

Being able to buy tile improvments

Nationmines

Tiles

Surgepvpitems

Surgecrafting

1.9 PVP

Pro needs to approve

No villany standards

CTs only being part of certain communities

Biased bans to make your team win

10 hours ago, MayRndz said:

"allow me to use my engineering(???) degree to gaslight you into believing that warclaims w/ 100s of people never worked before"

No.

[Repost from Sapphires thread so it gets recognition]

I am unsure if this has been covered yet, but how were the players from the Urguan side able to make a plan to rush the Oren spawn because we didn’t have walls before the warclaim even started? It was but hours before that that information was leaked that we didn’t have walls and only after it was leaked to our side were we able to do something about it by contacting staff?

((keep in mind I was not directly involved in this specific part of the warclaim merely a spectator of the frustration on behalf of oren))

3 hours ago, sami03 said:

Vortex

Nodes

Inflationtaxes

Activity deadlines

AH & Bank

No freebuild

Bad language filter for rp

Being able to buy tile improvments

Nationmines

Tiles

Surgepvpitems

Surgecrafting

1.9 PVP

Pro needs to approve

No villany standards

CTs only being part of certain communities

Biased bans to make your team win

Sure I'll take the bait.

Vortex & nodes: Nexus was a bad system, gets removed, people want a new profession system, get vortex, gets removed, people want a new profession system

Taxes & Activity: Stupid in their current form idk, but have their use in getting rid of completely inactive nations.

AH & Bank: AH gets abused, no lying about that. But you literally can't satisfy anyone with it. Some people want the AH to stay, others want it gone. You're gonna get people crying either way. Never heard anyone complain about banks before.

Freebuild: Looked hella ugly on old maps (read: Atlas and stuff), added a lot of extra work for the WT. The current system doesn't make it that hard to get a lair. It's achievable for most players, and it actually makes sure that there's people who will RP there.

Bad language filter: filtered it out with mods lol

improvements / tiles / nation mines: Idk never heard anyone big complain about these apart from tile sizes. Need elaboration. And ye, nation mines are dumb to an extent, but they work.

Surge: Idk what's wrong with these. Don't really hear people complain other than the prices being high, but there has to be some form of scarcity in PvP gear.

1.9 PvP: Email Mojang. Not our call. Going back to the old system would require more plugin writing and probably cause a little more of that much beloved lag. (Edit: @GodOfPieinformed me mojang hates 1.8 pvp. Which is kind of based)

PRO Approval: Idk, not a mod. Dislike it most days, but can see why it was added.

Villainy standards: Honestly it would be really funny to see villainy applications coming back. Not because they're a good idea but just to amuse people. But there's roleplay standards. Those get enforced. If you have problems, contact moderation.

CTs only part of certain communities: Never heard this one before. Elaborate here or send me a message in PMs, and I'll see what I can do. We try not to have bias towards any community; We don't deny people from communities and don't accept people based on which community they're in. We can't dictate which people decide to apply and which we feel like would do good in the CT. We pick based on who we think would do well, not based on bias.

Biased bans: Idk, mod problem. Not involved with any of that myself.

2 hours ago, argonian said:

"allow me to use my engineering(???) degree to gaslight you into believing that warclaims w/ 100s of people never worked before"

No.

Also bad take. Minecraft has changed a lot since then. It's been rough updating to anything >1.12. It's not easy to just do something on an older version either.

58 minutes ago, Qizu said:

[Repost from Sapphires thread so it gets recognition]

I am unsure if this has been covered yet, but how were the players from the Urguan side able to make a plan to rush the Oren spawn because we didn’t have walls before the warclaim even started? It was but hours before that that information was leaked that we didn’t have walls and only after it was leaked to our side were we able to do something about it by contacting staff?

((keep in mind I was not directly involved in this specific part of the warclaim merely a spectator of the frustration on behalf of oren))

both sides had their walls built less than an hour before, it was never Urguan's strat to rush a wall-less Oren camp

4 minutes ago, Polysemic said:

1.9 PvP: Email Mojang. Not our call. Going back to the old system would require more plugin writing and probably cause a little more of that much beloved lag.

9f6d3fa53691c4bf730cc5f5a35c1644.png

(Source: Minecraft Website)

6 hours ago, Polysemic said:

>fix fast travel plugin

Wanna add on to this. Minecraft is bad at running big servers - At peak time yesterday, as far I could see, there were 408 people online. To put that into context, Mojang themselves are comfortable running servers up to 11 players (See: Minecraft Realms). It was not the plugin. I can promise you, with some certainty, that the server would not have survived even if there were no plugins. There is solutions to these problems, but they're above the pay-grade for anyone in the tech team, and most people who actually get paid. Hell, as far as I know even big servers don't apply them because they're just too much work.

Don't blame the plugins, don't blame the tech or the mods spending countless hours of their free time on trying to make the war work. I've said this before and I'll say it again; We're not here to ruin your fun. We play ourselves, we want this kind of thing to happen just as much as you all want. 

Seen two people using this line of argument where Minecraft doesn't have the 'capacity,' and I just really would like to say this. It's not accurate at all. There have been larger warclaims than this in the past that have been completed, AND there have been warclaims with much smaller numbers that have been cancelled. It isn't the server, it's the people managing the problem.

7 minutes ago, Tiresiam said:

Seen two people using this line of argument where Minecraft doesn't have the 'capacity,' and I just really would like to say this. It's not accurate at all. There have been larger warclaims than this in the past that have been completed, AND there have been warclaims with much smaller numbers that have been cancelled. It isn't the server, it's the people managing the problem.

Past warclaims were a good while ago. I'll reiterate what I already said on this post: Minecraft versions change, they generally hit on performance, war server doesn't like that, we can't easily go back to another version just for war claims because things become messy.

In addition, if you think you could do better managing the problem - Especially the technical side of things - join tech team. We'd be glad to have you, no doubt. If you don't know programming, learn programming. If you don't know Java, learn Java. The people that are working on the problem are doing the best they can, and you can't blame them for that. It's not an easy problem, it's not an easy fix.

Sutica V. Oren Warclaim, Arcas. No fancy plugins, infact no fancy weapons either. It crashed horribly. Can't do point-capture system, can't do an actual field charge. We're f*cked either way. 

14 hours ago, Polysemic said:

>fix fast travel plugin

I'm not really complaining that you made it. It really hasn't affected me in the slightest that I have to stand somewhere instead of right clicking a sign, unless it's the five minute Haelun'or ferry that we put in a while back for some reason, but that's kind of the problem.

I'm more complaining that you wasted your time doing that when you could've been doing something impactful to the server that didn't cause as much bloat. Surface level content like this is what drives LotC right now, and it's why our server is struggling to stay above water in a release edition that we're not ready to provide for with plugins like vortex, surge, and command point PvP which we created to be a spectacle but wound up breaking our game. It's why we've got stupid anti-player systems like nation tax and activity tax to give teenage NLs mental illness over their performance on building blocks.

Everyone is so preoccupied with making sure things look like they're going great and wowing new players that they're either too lazy or too unaware to pay attention to the rot, and staff wallpapering over the mold that's growing on this server is suffocating all the players. Our server gets TONS of applications a month on the back of this spectacle, and we retain almost nobody because the moment you peel it back it's sticky and wet. (Players who have been here for months or even as much as nearly a year are considered "new" because we have such a new player drought). Everywhere I go, it's the same familiar faces with a couple of new ones. 

I've made about a million enemies on teams just by pointing out that bad things happen and make players feel like shit on this game. Everyone here is expected to ignore the degradation until big explosive events like this warclaim happen and blow over in two weeks while the staff dogmatically repeats "we're sorry" to drown out dissent until a point that players lose interest or hope of change.

I'm sorry too. I'm sorry you can't make warclaims work. I'm sorry your server has been a haven for child predators and grooming from the player governments all the way up to your administration (sorry, that's old news, it's been two weeks by now and all the rep/clout has been collected so we're back to normal on that front again). I'm sorry your volunteer staff is so hostile to its playerbase, and I'm sorry that I have to put up with it and be so regularly engaged in staff trying to "gotcha" me instead of just taking my criticism as that of a player who isn't having fun.

I'm attached to this game by a thread and very ready to move on. I've been logging in less and less these past few weeks. A lot of people are. These kind of threads don't make these events ok.