Remove FTBs

Unwillingly

30 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

i made this recommendation a while back in june to the mod team, it's a good idea

First you're deleting my risque texts, now you'll be doing book burning. Don't you see the line you're crossing here?

Unwillingly just say you want fundamentalist muslim law on LOTC at this point. First you talking about eye for an eye punishments, the constant anti-christian sentiment, its truly astounding to see how far you'll go to push this agenda. 

I for one am not going to sit idly by like the United States did when the Taliban took over Afghanistan. I'm going to fight BACK. 

Screenshot_20211130-001055.png

Edited by TryaxReck

I think the biggest issue with this is that there is no way to oversee this. You can ban the word FTB, say that continuing RP in discord (which btw is not canon) is prohibited etc. but it would still continue just not with the use of the word FTB. 

while yes I agree there shouldn’t be FTB in mineman bedrooms, it’ll happen regardless whether it be prohibited or not. But FTB is a great way of like you said, to prevent people reading very descriptive gore and what not if they would be uncomfortable with such. 

ERP is fully on prohibited and should always be kept at such. While I couldn’t care less about two consenting adults getting the kinks over mineman erotic RP, there is no way for sure to tell who’s a minor and who’s not. 
I think a general guideline regarding FTB’s could be given but, I don’t think there is way to really enforce this. 

4 minutes ago, TryaxReck said:

Unwillingly just say you want fundamentalist muslim law on LOTC at this point. First you talking about eye for an eye punishments, the constant anti-christian sentiment, its truly astounding to see how far you'll go to push this agenda. 

I for one am not going to sit idly by like the United States did when the Taliban took over Afghanistan. I'm going to fight BACK. 

Screenshot_20211130-001055.png

I want fundamentalist muslim law on LOTC at this point

58 minutes ago, Kujo said:

btw girls might be on a medieval fantasy roleplay server for more than minecraft sex

usually it's because by partaking in a normally male-dominated hobby they receive unusual and uncontested amounts of attention they wouldn't otherwise get in an environment with a more even male-female split

I never FTBed, nor do I care if people do. The point of is that there is no scene like that, isn't it?

I personally think romance RP is gross if its execessive, but if people are into that... A little romance is fine and fun, it promotes family RP etc. But when characters center around it? Meh.

I don't give a shit.

45 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

I never FTBed, nor do I care if people do. The point of is that there is no scene like that, isn't it?

yes the point of a FTB is to eliminate having to describe that interaction but the point I'm making is that:

2 hours ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

Banning these types of FTBs would especially be helpful in helping us prevent situations where players don't know at what point to initiate a "FTB" during their interaction, either because they're inept or young themselves. I know for a fact this has happened in the past. 

This is not something pertinent to roleplay. There is literally zero harm in removing this function. Prevent the situation before it can happen.

While I think this is a good idea, I do not think that it was phrased as well as it could have been. Even my explanation won't be worded the best it could be because I just woke up.

For a server with minors (13+), the desire to partially act out a sexual endeavour only to fade to black the rest of it is something that should be shunned because it's something that should not happen at all on a server with so many minors. It's dangerous because players who do these sorts of behaviours RPly usually develop some form of closeness OOCly, and it is this closeness that can be used to commit predatory behaviours. These predatory behaviours are dangerous to those who are not in the right mental state to fend off predatory behaviour, but it can be especially dangerous to minors, who are both impressionable and developing hormonally, if they took advantage of this closeness. Their characters being close RPly could oftentimes be used as an excuse for the predator to justify why they should hang out with these vulnerable players.

I've seen people actually make the comment 'How are you meant to have children then?', it's more than reasonable to say that you have a child without going through the motions of making it. We don't roleplay every breath we make, yet our characters still live. We don't roleplay every time our characters should eat, yet our characters are still fed. We don't have to partially roleplay making babies, because simply saying something along the lines of 'I have a son/daughter' is enough. By the time you're able to play LotC, you should be knowledgeable enough to know how babies are made, but even then there are players who join younger than they are meant to and I don't believe that a minecraft server is where they should be taught how babies are made.

I don't think it's controversial at all to say that we should be limiting actions that can be used accommodate predatory behaviour. While I do think that the amount of predators on LotC is blown out of proportion at times, the fact is that LotC has still had issues with predators for years and I am willing to bet that there are likely still a few out there that haven't been discovered yet. We have a large community, and it's our job to protect our community against bad intentions and/or predatory behaviour. It's frustrating for me to see the apathy of so many people commenting on this thread who, by their inaction and memeing, are indirectly and unintentionally supporting the accommodation of predators. I wish that our community took these posts more seriously.

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

I think the biggest issue with this is that there is no way to oversee this. You can ban the word FTB, say that continuing RP in discord (which btw is not canon) is prohibited etc. but it would still continue just not with the use of the word FTB. 

while yes I agree there shouldn’t be FTB in mineman bedrooms, it’ll happen regardless whether it be prohibited or not. But FTB is a great way of like you said, to prevent people reading very descriptive gore and what not if they would be uncomfortable with such. 

ERP is fully on prohibited and should always be kept at such. While I couldn’t care less about two consenting adults getting the kinks over mineman erotic RP, there is no way for sure to tell who’s a minor and who’s not. 
I think a general guideline regarding FTB’s could be given but, I don’t think there is way to really enforce this. 

any rule is not enforceable 100% of the time, Unwillingly proposes it’s banned so is punished when mods know

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

ERP is fully on prohibited and should always be kept at such.

Actually - And this is semantics, but they're important semantics, under server rules, roleplay rules:

6. Sexually explicit or graphic roleplay is forbidden. You must ‘fade-to-black’. Characters under the age of 18 may not fade-to-black.

• Fading to black, or more commonly known as an FTB is an emote in which the screen ‘fades out.’ Prior to a graphic or explicit scene, you are expected to emote the screen ‘fading out.’ No graphic, sexually explicit, or erotic / fetish (references to) roleplay takes place on the server.

ERP is forbidden on the server as per this rule. Not much is done when it's off-server, unless a minor is involved, as far as I know anyway. (which, in my personal opinion, is ******* stupid, I agree with un-w in removing FTBs)

agreed

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1w_JGmbohDcJx-sM10VU9DLf_NVeyg6FNgpjcRiisQ-w/mobilebasic

I sent this to Heero & ScreamingDingo a month or two ago. This will hopefully lend your recommendation some more rationale and refuting common disagreements around your jdea.

I don't see why not

A difficult thing to enforce though, not quite sure how'd you go around stopping people

6 hours ago, Kujo said:

getting rid of players who are only here to ftb in a community with 13 yr olds is a good thing, dont see what ur getting at.

btw girls might be on a medieval fantasy roleplay server for more than minecraft sex

Never said it was a bad thing, just making fun of the whole thing, though if you think you can get rid of ftb sexually you are horribly mistaken. A good percentage of the server does it and it’s not like they’re doing it to erp, it’s just where romance rp leads to one way or another. Also have to remember that this server isn’t for 13 year olds and is meant for 18+ and anyone under that has to have parents permission (like anyone gets permission tho) making the server a rated r/m server. It may not be your type of rp but you can’t discount it’s validity as a type of rp because you don’t like it, I’m plenty fine with ppl being spooks or doing palace rp while I personally despise partaking in it myself, same with romance rp yet I’m not gonna deny other peoples want to do so. Honestly it’d make more sense to just ban ftbing with anyone under age because that’s the real problem with this whole thing, forcing kids to romance rp with a 26 year old man.