Remove FTBs

Unwillingly

1 hour ago, Polysemic said:

Actually - And this is semantics, but they're important semantics, under server rules, roleplay rules:

6. Sexually explicit or graphic roleplay is forbidden. You must ‘fade-to-black’. Characters under the age of 18 may not fade-to-black.

• Fading to black, or more commonly known as an FTB is an emote in which the screen ‘fades out.’ Prior to a graphic or explicit scene, you are expected to emote the screen ‘fading out.’ No graphic, sexually explicit, or erotic / fetish (references to) roleplay takes place on the server.

ERP is forbidden on the server as per this rule. Not much is done when it's off-server, unless a minor is involved, as far as I know anyway. (which, in my personal opinion, is ******* stupid, I agree with un-w in removing FTBs)

LOTC has no jurisdiction outside their platforms. How do you enforce this? 

I agree with this sentiment 100% but there is absolutely not a single way this could be enforced. 

4 minutes ago, Gemini said:

How do you enforce this?

If we can enforce people not grooming minors over other platforms we can enforce not erping on other platforms.

1 minute ago, Polysemic said:

If we can enforce people not grooming minors over other platforms we can enforce not erping on other platforms.

I wasn’t asking that, I asked how do you enforce this? What are concrete plans to prevent people from doing this. Groomers are also caught after a very long period of time, the worst people being part of our community for years before we realise what they actually are. 
are we going to spend countless of moderation hours to locate two consenting adults sexting to each other? 

minor safety should be a main priority of the server and it’s something the community as a whole should put time into. But two consenting adults is a very different concept than a predator taking advantage of minors. 

18 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I wasn’t asking that, I asked how do you enforce this? What are concrete plans to prevent people from doing this. Groomers are also caught after a very long period of time, the worst people being part of our community for years before we realise what they actually are. 
are we going to spend countless of moderation hours to locate two consenting adults sexting to each other? 

Banning groomers is harder than banning people who erp, since the latter doesn't need to be a TOS ban and could be done by a moderator. Dunno how it's handled now.

18 minutes ago, Gemini said:

minor safety should be a main priority of the server and it’s something the community as a whole should put time into. But two consenting adults is a very different concept than a predator taking advantage of minors. 

Still waiting on that safety update as much as anyone else is.

image.thumb.png.3f0fbc150d3d23063c56baeed0a2567e.png

20 minutes ago, Polysemic said:

Banning groomers is harder than banning people who erp, since the latter doesn't need to be a TOS ban and could be done by a moderator. Dunno how it's handled now.

Still waiting on that safety update as much as anyone else is.

image.thumb.png.3f0fbc150d3d23063c56baeed0a2567e.png

There is literally no way nor good reason to prevent two consenting adults from ERPing in dms. This is such a strange take. Will I get banned for saying something suggestive to my wife, who also plays the server?

14 minutes ago, TimberBuff said:

There is literally no way nor good reason to prevent two consenting adults from ERPing in dms. This is such a strange take. Will I get banned for saying something suggestive to my wife, who also plays the server?

Yea sorry realizing it's a bit of a shit take. Just getting a bit tilted. Though I do think there's a case to be made against people who're just using LotC to erp with randos. As long as it's two consenting adults, I'm assuming there's also no reports.

But yeah, shit take on my part.

26 minutes ago, TimberBuff said:

this is why we raid you 

This server is about a lot more than sexual, or even suggestive content. 

many characters simply rely on their quirky, kinky characteristics to define themselves and appear special. This leads to the creation of a particularly bad mentality and RP culture in multiple hubs, one that I cannot support. 

Allowing FTB, even tolerating it, allows for the disemination of this tasteless culture. 

real meat over e-meat 

Sexual FTBs have always been a part of the server, and I must admit I never gave them much thought. But after considering the idea, I agree that they are unnecessary. If you want to roleplay having children, just agree OOC to have children. If you still want to roll for children, you can still roll.

7 minutes ago, Jentos said:

this is why we raid you 

This server is about a lot more than sexual, or even suggestive content. 

many characters simply rely on their quirky, kinky characteristics to define themselves and appear special. This leads to the creation of a particularly bad mentality and RP culture in multiple hubs, one that I cannot support. 

Allowing FTB, even tolerating it, allows for the disemination of this tasteless culture. 

real meat over e-meat 

whatchu mean my boy I've never been raided

And I was referring to polysemic saying we should ban ERP off the server, which isn't something we can enforce. 

2 hours ago, Ticklem0nster said:

Never said it was a bad thing, just making fun of the whole thing, though if you think you can get rid of ftb sexually you are horribly mistaken. A good percentage of the server does it and it’s not like they’re doing it to erp, it’s just where romance rp leads to one way or another. Also have to remember that this server isn’t for 13 year olds and is meant for 18+ and anyone under that has to have parents permission (like anyone gets permission tho) making the server a rated r/m server. It may not be your type of rp but you can’t discount it’s validity as a type of rp because you don’t like it, I’m plenty fine with ppl being spooks or doing palace rp while I personally despise partaking in it myself, same with romance rp yet I’m not gonna deny other peoples want to do so. Honestly it’d make more sense to just ban ftbing with anyone under age because that’s the real problem with this whole thing, forcing kids to romance rp with a 26 year old man.

"It may not be your type of roleplay but you can't discount its validity" what lmfao

I'm not saying we ban romance RP. If you think doing romance RP is impossible without doing a FTB then you need to reevaluate how you're spending your time on the server

Doing a FTB isnt a type of roleplay. theres zero reason you need to roleplay the implication that your minecraft characters did it on their minecraft bed

So tell me why doing a FTB is so important for your roleplay and can't be purely an OOC function

Btw "Honestly it’d make more sense to just ban ftbing with anyone under age because that’s the real problem with this whole thing, forcing kids to romance rp with a 26 year old man." The idea of my post accomplishes what you're suggesting

As I've said. LOTC is an 18+ server that requires parental consent and supervision for any player between 13 and 17. Players are deceiving the staff and violating the terms of service and should be restricted access. 

Removing romance rp and or ftbing is one step to protecting the children. But it can't be a guarantee. The easiest way to protect the minors is to not let them come on this server in the first place. 

3 hours ago, Ticklem0nster said:

Also have to remember that this server isn’t for 13 year olds and is meant for 18+

Is it though?