Remove FTBs

Unwillingly

What a interesting week..

well there goes my reason to rp with women characters.

16 hours ago, Epistile said:

let me elven roleplay in peace egirl

i am going to edit this and fix it a bit to actually give some of my personal opinions about this post

i honestly don't think FTB'ing is the problem we are currently facing on the server right now. if you want to make an argument removing FTBs will make the server safe; quite frankly, it won't. 

actual change will only come once the moderation and admins we're putting in those positions actually take a stand against the grooming and p*dophilia problem taking place on the server right now. there have been modreqs made about explicit content being emoted towards minors that have gone straight ignored  by the mod team. we get that these people are in volunteer positions, but there is no reason why actions like this should go ignored.

please do better.

This. Can we just acknowledge that realistically grooming/nonce issues are unrelated to two characters FTBing. Most predators I've heard about, that come to mind immediately, on the server never had a 'romantic' IRP relationship with their victim.

14 minutes ago, rukio said:

This. Can we just acknowledge that realistically grooming/nonce issues are unrelated to two characters FTBing. Most predators I've heard about, that come to mind immediately, on the server never had a 'romantic' IRP relationship with their victim.

I never said or even implied that banning FTB would solve the server's issues or that it was even related to grooming/nonce situations

I swear I've had to reiterate five times that this post isn't about romance RP, grooming, nonces, or ERP itself

It's about the people who either loophole or msinterpret the FTB guidelines, where they do participate in blatant ERP on the live server, such as macaroniminx or the two players in siramenor last map (names slip my mind)

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1w_JGmbohDcJx-sM10VU9DLf_NVeyg6FNgpjcRiisQ-w/mobilebasic

cursed-emoji-cry-tantrum.gif

3 hours ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

you're missing my point. the post isn't about people who want to ERP off the server, that's a completely different topic to tackle

i don't know if you think i'm asking that we ban romance RP or that we ban all ERPers, but giaus' doc addresses your point pretty well

Reveal hidden contents

"Currently, the allowance for players to emote leading up to a sexual encounter can allow predators to inspect potential victims, harass players, and create unwelcoming environments for older players and environments that are entirely inappropriate for younger players. The roleplay leading up to and including FTB, which is not dissimilar to how certain situations of sexual advances fall awry in real life, can be ambiguously interpreted by both parties engaged in addition to 3rd parties including, but not limited to, moderators."

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1w_JGmbohDcJx-sM10VU9DLf_NVeyg6FNgpjcRiisQ-w/mobilebasic

I'm not just talking ab romance rp, I'm talking ab the rp that leads to an ftb, plenty of people enjoy that style of rp while I personally find it gross and repulsive I find myself in a place where I can't really judge, we are all cringe mineman players to begin with.

remove NFT's

18 hours ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

no I'm not implying we all just ERP instead i already know you were thinking that stop it 

Although FTBs (fade-to-blacks) can be used for any situation, such as a roleplay interaction needing to reach a quick conclusion if someone has to leave OOCly, or someone being uncomfortable with descriptive gore or injury roleplay, we all know what FTBs are most commonly used for. I'm suggesting we remove the concept of two character doing a "FTB" in their bedroom on their minecraft bed. This concept should not be touched with a 10 ft pole on our minecraft roleplay server, yet it is with the current function of FTBing.

Banning these types of FTBs would especially be helpful in helping us prevent situations where players don't know at what point to initiate a "FTB" during their interaction, either because they're inept or young themselves. I know for a fact this has happened in the past. 

This is not something pertinent to roleplay. There is literally zero harm in removing this function. Prevent the situation before it can happen.

"But how will children be born?"

It's as easy as making it a mutually agreed upon OOC function between the two players

"Wanna say our characters had a kid?"
"sure"

it's that simple

"but people will still try to FTB"

why ban anything at all then if people will still attempt it? for example, people still try and have ERP'd on the server before, doesn't mean we just don't ban ERP because of it

@Disheartened@itdontmatta

yes I know the title implies "remove ALL FTBs" but that's not what I'm actually saying. I just mean sexual FTBs

Nothing like asking someone to just assume you had a kid together instead of them telling you that you have to do the roleplay with them. Really awkward, weird, and not needed and downright inappropriate to be quite frank. Removing this would solve so many situations and help crack down on repeated popular topics that take over the server, I'm sure anyone can piece together what i'm getting at.

A rather nuanced subject, one in which the staff will ultimately take the appropriate feedback here into consideration for their decision. If you want to be heard, it's best to do so in a cordial, logical voice, particularly in regards to the points against the suggestion.

Ultimately, you have to look at problems you present and see if there's a solution.

Splitting the line between sexual and romantic FTB is important, and has been touched on a bit. It's the difference between they kissed and went to bed, and emoting aaall the way too the bed, into the bed, till the point an FTB is necessary.

Some awkwardness about babies has been mentioned. It's not hard, actually. You do what you would have always done when making a story with another person's player character. You send them a tell about the topic of family in the plotline.

In regards to minors being on the server, I was on here around 14 or 16, I can't quite recall, but either way I was quickly met with private offers for Especially Raunchy Play left and right, and to be honest, I kind of doubt a lack of FTB in relation to sexual acts could change what happened. Additionally, you can bet I had parents permission to do whatever I wanted on my computer. And even if I didn't, you can't control teenagers. You can only control their environment.

My first character was asexual, with an at least inclination for romance for the first three-four years of his existence due to my own adolescent things going on. Of course, my experience also comes from being a particularly focused on person by a large population of people who assumed a little too much about my maturing in relation to age.

It's different from the average player run on Lord of the Craft, and from a professional, security mindset, removing "Sexual FTBs" would discourage the probability of the aforementioned undesirable behaviors that violate server rules (Grooming, predator behavior, ERP.) Sure, you can deal with something after it happens. Yes, people are quickly caught for ERP on the server. But my journeys through roleplay communities over the past decade have learned me of the darker perspective this should be regarded with.

To reference an actual story on another game, on a roleplay server, a fourteen year old (who is now much older,) was made victim to one of the situations that the OP wishes to try to prevent. The older individual was held in some high regard to the fourteen year old, and that trust was violated when they transitioned a roleplay session right past what should be an FTB into some really messed up things that are definitely unrealistic kinks, but can be quite traumatic to subject someone to reading.

In those situations, a younger person can literally not know what to do. They were in an environment that was supposed to be a safe place. That can quickly change, and while you an ban the offender, you can't make what happened go away.

Anyway. Because these kinds of discussions call for a side, I support it. Remove sexual FTBs. Approach it in a manner with care.

100% see no issue removing those types of FTB. Not a single person on this server needs to RP making a baby, simply do the rolls and oocly agree that one was made. It will end so many problems.

Overall the big issue I am seeing is what Squak mentioned, there is no defined area in which the line is drawn for what's to far. It makes it a whole lot easier if we don't even allow a line to be crossed especially when we have thirteen year olds running around. Better safe then sorry. 

[Edited to avoid triggering libertines]

all i hear is facts

2 hours ago, Qizu said:

Nothing like asking someone to just assume you had a kid together instead of them telling you that you have to do the roleplay with them. Really awkward, weird, and not needed and downright inappropriate to be quite frank. Removing this would solve so many situations and help crack down on repeated popular topics that take over the server, I'm sure anyone can piece together what i'm getting at.

this - in my personal experience i have barely engaged in any sort of romance roleplay because it is simply an element of lotc that i have no interest in and (unpopular opinion ig) i believe it is not needed to the extent that some members of the community take it to. it it never fun to be passive-aggressively forced to engage in FTB in order to upkeep a romantic relationship in roleplay - especially when it doesn’t even have birthing kids as a goal by one side from the party (again, speaking from personal experience).

Honestly feel like the 5g sms tracking magic birds are more an issue xD