Remove FTBs

Unwillingly

10 hours ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

"But how will children be born?"

It's as easy as making it a mutually agreed upon OOC function between the two players

Isn't this the same thing as ftb?

lets just put a filter on chat that turns "[!] And the scene fades to black..." into "[!] A clown pops out from the background, spooking all individuals involved before tap dancing away! "

I agree. It does not add anything to roleplay. This should not be apart of the lotc experience.

Imagine rolling around pretending to be a knight or a wizard nose deep in some fake book when you could be getting hot and steamy with ERP? I'll never understand you guys.

The above post is sarcastic. I believe that in this community, given that a significant margin of its playerbase are minors (at least among the dwindling population of new players, that is), any mention or implication of sexually explicit action should be addressed with absolutely zero tolerance. You cannot police what people do in their DMs. Especially not people who are legitimate, real world romantic couples pretending to be Elves on Minecraft for some reason. What you can do, though, is make sure those people don't drag their real life sexual relationship into building blocks where children are roaming around. We can't see what you do in private on discord or in the bedroom, and if we can't see it then kids can't see it. Let's keep it that way for our game.

very nice post. well feedback'd, my friend!

it would be banning "sexual roleplay" or "romance roleplay" not "ftb" though to be clear. "ftb" is the caveat we have created that allows people to do sexual roleplay (vanilla for the purposes of procreation) on the minecraft server, by saying it didn't really happen, you're just allowed to imagine it happened offscreen (wink wink). 

we should probably write guidelines for what you're allowed to roleplay and what's okay and not okay for people to roleplay aimed at encouraging kids to get help if something doesn't feel right. and there should be extreme caution taken when enforcing bans for ERP so that if someone is being groomed we do not drive them out of our community and into the arms of their abuser

just to drive this point home, i'll tell the story of a friend i met on my first few months playing lotc. she began an RP relationship with an older teenager and subsequently got banned for ERPing with him on the server. since she was now no longer Lord of the Craft's responsibility this older person was free to keep talking to her on Skype, find out her contact information, blackmail her for more graphic sexual roleplay and send her rape threats. all of this was enabled by shitter reactionary admins who banned her on impulse. not to protect her well-being, but because her situation made them uncomfortable and they wanted to avoid liability for it.

this may sound like an aside to the conversation of whether we should ban minecraft sex, but it's important to think about how we are going to handle these bans and how we are going to talk to potential victims. as uncomfortable of a situation as it may be, we have a duty of care to some several hundred children on this server and i think a duty to ourselves to make sure the sort of shit that started this conversation doesn't happen again.

also, for the love of god raise the minimum age on this server to like 15 or something. if I see another 13 year old kid join this server just to be digitally crucified for being gay i will kill myself.

Get rid of FTBs and bump up the application age a wee bit.

1 hour ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

So tell me why doing a FTB is so important for your roleplay and can't be purely an OOC function

Bold of you to think it’s my rp. I’m just a hardcore libertarian and I think if two consenting adults enjoy that type of rp then go ahead and let them while we all verbally judge them. As long as they don’t get into the realm of actual erp on the server then **** it I don’t care, obviously it’s important to them if they do it. Everyone has their cringe interests, who are we to tell someone they can’t be cringe?

2 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

As I've said. LOTC is an 18+ server that requires parental consent and supervision for any player between 13 and 17. Players are deceiving the staff and violating the terms of service and should be restricted access. 

Removing romance rp and or ftbing is one step to protecting the children. But it can't be a guarantee. The easiest way to protect the minors is to not let them come on this server in the first place. 

Just stop being weird lol. Not you but players

PERSONALLY

I think if a mommy and a daddy want a child, they should pray and an aengul disguised as a stork should deliver them a baby and you /roll 2 to decide boy or girl.

LT has prevented me from procreation.

1 hour ago, Ticklem0nster said:

Bold of you to think it’s my rp. I’m just a hardcore libertarian and I think if two consenting adults enjoy that type of rp then go ahead and let them while we all verbally judge them. As long as they don’t get into the realm of actual erp on the server then **** it I don’t care, obviously it’s important to them if they do it. Everyone has their cringe interests, who are we to tell someone they can’t be cringe?

you're missing my point. the post isn't about people who want to ERP off the server, that's a completely different topic to tackle

i don't know if you think i'm asking that we ban romance RP or that we ban all ERPers, but giaus' doc addresses your point pretty well

Spoiler

"Currently, the allowance for players to emote leading up to a sexual encounter can allow predators to inspect potential victims, harass players, and create unwelcoming environments for older players and environments that are entirely inappropriate for younger players. The roleplay leading up to and including FTB, which is not dissimilar to how certain situations of sexual advances fall awry in real life, can be ambiguously interpreted by both parties engaged in addition to 3rd parties including, but not limited to, moderators."

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1w_JGmbohDcJx-sM10VU9DLf_NVeyg6FNgpjcRiisQ-w/mobilebasic