Floriography: A Court Pocketbook

The Language of Fiore 

Floriography: a court pocketbook

bmhzhotT-0-zTbi4jEWPsHPORmgjnGOsgdTOV46vShsK0Gs3WbC7df-cIa0sxDGr440LeKXMui6pz5dPHRt-SS0UEvrx-Bj9L7mYANFHo2Nk5HXFQ4m8K5my_Hfa_iHXSsamBP7i

S5yE5BFbLlsuAUA2XnA_CP0owyvZwEpUQZjpSjkqKwlg6P_dV59A3BfxF41-Ze714n9KUPzoFmni664PWfXClKJHz1FHqo-bknVl5y8VmSCp3Hwn3pSWg7LTZZ26ltWn39Jw_YtD

Flowers are all around us, though we may not always appreciate them past their exterior. They serve their own purposes; herbs and some floral can be used for medicine, painting, and even be eaten. Nevertheless, what if I told you there was another way they could use it? That with a well-trained eye- one could discern danger from devotion. A language of its very own. Welcome to the world of Floriography, the language of flowers. This guide is to help you progress in this secretive and prestigious world and become one with the court. As we are humans, a few of our purposes are not always intentionally insulting or proclaiming love. From the heartbroken to the hopeless romantic, there is always something that we can learn. Contrary to popular belief, blossoms are not all about love. In fact, I suspect more flowers represent hatred and politics more than they embody love and devotion. There was once a childhood story that told of a young girl named Flora. She was mute, and she did not know how to read or write. So instead, she grew a garden so vast that everyone came to visit. She used this garden to convey her words. wearing them as jewelry or quite literally handing flowers out of friendship. It is believed that she created the language. However, it has never been officially proven.

Please note: this guide is based on information from my own studies. I do not know everything as some may like to think. My examinations can only go as far as what I know between my travels to Oren and back home to the savannah of Savoy. Flowers are vast and unyielding, and new ones spring up. I played around with herbs with the Carrion household when I was much younger. Those teachings from my aunt gave a new life to how I look at flowers. Much like her grandmother before her. 

Arcas Herbs 

Frost vine- the danger is near, or your looks freeze me.

Saffvil- similar to carrion flowers, means there is an undead nearby. 

Serpents stalk - bad luck in the summer 

Chime lily -liveliness and energy 

Purple flower of Tippens root- healing creativity and happiness 

Goblins ivy - added insult to injury, you are far more disgusting on the outside 

Crimson vase- an undying heat that can not be doused by rejection

The Unsorted

Amaryllis-pride

Buttercup-childlike happiness

Cabbage - profit

Camellia -excellence 

Cardinal Lobelia -a distinction

Cleome-good but odd 

Daisy -innocent 

Fern- magic

Fennel -worthy of all praise 

Hyacinth-profound sorrow 

Kaulfaussia-Happiness in a humble life 

Laburnum - pensive beauty 

Lily of the valley- oblivious sweetness 

Night-blooming cactus flower- I am shy, or I shall meet you by midnight 

Primrose-unconscious beauty 

Ruscus: Thoughtfulness, humility.

Savoy lavender - grace and beauty 

Sunflowers-happiness

Saguaro cactus flower - I wish to open up to one day, or I shall meet by noon

On Friendship

Alstroemeria- an ensuring friend 

Blue periwinkle- Early friendship. 

Cymbidium-valued and respected friendship

Larkspur-I am enraptured by your humor

Pepper-your Wit is too keen for our friendship 

Zinnia- Thoughts of an absent friend

On Love and Devotion 

Bud of White Rose- Heart ignorant of love.

Coral rose  - desire 

Fuschia-proposal of marriage 

Four-leaf clover-be mine

Forget me not - true love

Honeysuckle- devoted affection 

Hydrangeas- lost love, a break-up

Ivy - remember me 

Lavender - a confession of love

Lime- conjugal love 

Lilac- first love 

Myrtle -the emblem of marriage 

Orchids-everlasting love

Pansy- have my visage in your thoughts lovingly 

Purple columbine - I cannot give you up

red chrysanthemum- love

Red dahlia - betray lost love 

Red rose - love, passion

Sweet pea -holding hands 

White clover -think of me 

Yellow iris - my love for you as fever too as it unyielding 

Yellow lily-False, forbidden love that can never happen 

Yellow chrysanthemum- slighted love/resentment 

Yellow Roses - friendship sent to a lover. A friendzone 

On Mourning 

Please note that when sending flowers of mourning to do so in even numbers. 

Calla-pure sympathy 

Daffodils- death is only The beginning of their adventure 

Green Lotus leaves-affection beyond the grave

Gladius - find the strength to lift you past this loss

Persimmon-bury me amidst nature

Pink carnations- offer sentiment for someone you knew little of 

Red spider lily- ill sprout to you when I see you again; I shall never forget our meeting.

Red Camila - meaningful death 

Red poppy-consolation 

Red carnation - deep love and remembrance 

Scarlet corn poppies- are fallen soldiers 

Thrift - be assured of my sympathy

Weeping willow- mourning 

Yarrow- to heal a wounded heart

Yong's magnolia- nostalgia 

On Resentment 

Black dahlia- evil and deceit 

Blue Lobelia -malevolent

Blue rose- to be unable to attain your goals, to give up

Carrion- a disguise of the dead, be wary of who you trust

Cherry-deception

Cobœa-gossip

Dahlia- instability 

French marigold - jealously 

Larch - the audacity of one's action 

Lemon- discretion

Litchen - solitude

Red dahlia -liars or cheaters

White Camellia Japonica- Perfected loneliness. 

Yellow hyacinth -because of you, I know the bitterness of envy

Yellow carnations- you have disappointed me 

On Politics and Warnings 

Bay rose -danger 

Catchfly -I am a willing prisoner

Cattail-readily armed

Catchfly -I am a willing prisoner

Dandelion-depart 

Garden pea-appointed meeting

Laurel - glory

Live oak- liberty 

Milk foil- war 

Palm-victory 

Tansy -I declare war on you. 

Tritons- I forewarn you, the danger is ahead 

On GOD and his Scriptures 

Bay-protection

Blue iris- hold fast to hope 

Cedar-invokes spirit

Holly-foresight 

Mint-virtue 

Pale peach rose - modesty 

Plumbago- holy wishes 

White rose - youthful innocence 

White lily - purity 

Water lily -purity of heart

White iris- your purity is blinding 

Sentences

Milkvetch-your presence softens my pain 

Currant -Thy frown will kill me. 

Eglantine (Sweetbrier) -Poetry. The wound I heal. 

Purple iris- your wisdom is unparalleled

Mountain ash - with me, you are safe.

Prickly pear cactus flower- don’t approach, for I am agitated 

Applications

So now you know the meanings. How would one night apply this to your life? There are several tried and true ways. 

Bouquets

Bouquets are a double-edged sword; they are gorgeous and made to appeal to the unknowledgeable. For the most part, that can be true, but with a bit of comprehension and this practical guide. We can whisk you through a world that can even scorn your unfortunate enemies without so much as them knowing. well unless they read this guide... 

Insults

An impertinence bouquet- an arrangement of flowers prepared in this order. Cherry blossom or foxglove, (insecurity) scarlet Aurieula (avarice) Turks Cap (Hatred). All of these combined into a rounded shape. Convey this message “your insecurity and avarice make me hate you.” 

Warnings

Admonition bouquet- an arrangement of flowers arranged in a posy of sorts so that each flower may hang down in a sort of triangle-like way. The flowers you will need are “oleander (beware), white flytrap(deceite), frost vine (danger is near), dandelion (depart).  With the added herb, many take the time to admire its refreshing look, but ladies who place this in a vase at their home know more than they let on. For its translation, “it is urgent you depart quickly for danger is on its way.”

Letters

Single Flowers 

With letters to show genuine emotions, sometimes a little something is needed. The meaning of a letter can be converted for words can be read but think of your flowers like an exclamation point. Appear and read an entirely different way. A different tone, emotion govern the way you write.

Multiple flowers 

Why the distinction between the numbers? Because, depending on how many flowers you have, you could be committing a major blunder! Even the number of flowers reserved is reserved for funerals or mourning. Having such an even number is restful and relaxing. Having an odd number sent to a lover or friend means the adventure is always ahead, or my feelings are ever-changing as we continue our journey. A continuation of a sentence instead of a dull stop The only exception to these rules is marriage proposals. Flowers sent in bunches of 12 convey the meanings of "adoration" and "or this is the end of our childhood."

Outside of a letter

On the outside of a letter, the most common way is on the exterior sent with the wax seal. This means your flower is placed above a closed letter, and then your wax seal is poured on top. It is an overall feeling or emotion to be displayed. Setting the tone before one can even open the letter Formally used in love letters, wedding invitations, and bereavement. The mourning letter is most often used to show or allow the reader to know the bad news. 

Inside the letter 

Petals or flowers inside the letter can be shown as an added note of gratitude. It is not as well known unless the flower is used within the letter for the most part. The meaning is doubled and more critical. 

Vases

Vases are common clay or glass pots used to place flowers in. It is common everywhere we go. However, it is also a sneaky way for ladies or wives to talk to their guests without even speaking a word.

GOD WITH US,

EnzXHtm7A7udJ17-3NvDt7moExIkzJSPb7BYWSz_JmrTcvXp06L1gHHMqUBhB4eY4VSdvIKc0WjfY1uIbcTDJTJ4uz12byvqWHOpHFVj0QRZw7ogaQRDoVgyKLrj485bXofvxlF8

HER EXCELLENCY, Nikita Averilya of the House of Alstreim, Princess-Consort of Merryweather and the Rhine,

Landgravine of Alstreim, Daughter of Adria, Governess of Palazzo Aggrade

Spoiler

OOc credit to the 1800 book Language of Flowers 

The Princess of Savoy commended her aunt, the Langravine, on her excellent work via courier, promising to sooner visit Merryweather.

Stefaniya vas Ruthern drops her mouth agape in awe, surely to use this upon her reign with Prince Lucien.