WT RICK & MORTY CULT WT RICK & MORTY CULT WT RICK & MORTY CULT

Gambit

In recent months, I can recall three settlement applications that all caught my eye, so you know, I gave them an upvote, said good luck, and was hopeful that the staff would accept them. All three, which had builds and already and amassed player bases, were all turned down and denied.

These three were:

• The Barony of Arenisca.
  • The Principality of Sedan.
  • The Papal Duchy of Atrus.

Now, if you read at least two of these (I read three, so I'm special) you'd realize that these are all Cannonist and monarchistic in some way. I'm not trying to make up conspiracy theories that the staff hates Cannonism and are hardcore subs to the r/atheism, who also watch Rick & Morty in the Secret Admin Chat (TM). The secret council that decides your communities fate, if-or-if-not, you'll get that nation you've worked so hard on to get, is a thing, and it does shoot down settlement applications for the reason of being Cannonist.

I've asked and seen first hand about Sedan and Arenisca, (I could not get in contact with the original accplicant for Atrus, however I don't think its hard to believe that their fate was in line with the prior two) their applications were both denied due to them being Cannonist and/or Militarist, causing them to be "unoriginal," or "wouldn't lead to unique roleplay." 

I think myself, and many others would disagree with both these claims.  Cannonism itself leads to unique and interesting roleplay that varies strongly from where it is based, and for there to be more settlements/nations of which are Cannonist would increase those variations.

This isn't a huge post, but I don't think it needs to be either. Its an issue that I've noticed, and it affects the people in a community of thinking that I, and my friends who I came to LotC with, were a part of. People who wanted their own settlement or nation, and it sucks to see people who continue that desire, get shot down, just in general, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Allow these people to have their settlements. It's just more fun, they've worked hard for them. Having more nations would be a better experience, it would give us that unique roleplay that you say they lack.

They give another reason for some applications, "they can find land somewhere else," or that they don't need an independent state, they become a vassal. A counterpoint, becoming a vassal is not nearly as close as an independent city, state, etc. And most nations have an incredibly lengthy process to become a vassal, expect for that one place ruled by short man syndrome. Savoy takes time, as does Haense, Oren didn't even have vassals for a while, and Im sure now its hard to become one. Its hard, and some people don't want an overlord. 

I think that the Kingdom or Duchy or Whatever or Roza is a good example of why we shouldn't care about nations failing, if thats a concern, due to "lack of originality" not bringing in players, or enough to keep it alive. Roza existed, produced rp, good rp for myself when I was with Savoy during Osin's Rebellion, it was fun, and then it died, was removed, and now we have the fallout of them making good rp in other nations.

Spoiler

Don't take the post name too seriously and ignore any bad phrasing 

An independent hub of Hyspian RP lives on forever in my heart. #AllowIndependentArenisca

i need an independent dukedom to roleplay my never-before-attempted culture and very special take on canonism that i literally cannot roleplay with anyone else, anywhere else.

[culture] golden eagle ascendant: customs of the Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων

I agree with you, but I think this is in the wrong forum. 

WT is short for Worst Team