A d'Arkent's Withdrawal [PK]

zuziee

Amongst the hustle and bustle of the Beauty Tycoon's life. Vespira suddenly felt as though hit by a carriage, her infinitely turning wheel of work now stopped. She slouched into her chair after reading the news. Her face formed a frown, unlike the one that can send shivers down one's spine, one of depression, defeat. As she became lost in thought.

Ves recalled being a young girl, in the Duke of Sunholdt Palace chambers in the Novellen.
A little blonde girl dressed fully in pink, her bright, sweet smile looking up to the chestnut haired girl, a look of awe on her features, as the Duke's daughter knelt down to her level. Removing her Golden rose hairpin from her locks, letting them tumble as the adolescent stroked her cheek before fastening it to the little girls hair.

"Oh so pretty..."

The old woman said with a sigh,  as she began to cry for the first time since her fathers death. The 'baby' girl she loved to dote on, now truly gone...

Edited by PrincessSnowie

A cloaked figure returned to her keep in the north that evening, chuckling to herself as she strode through the gates. She greeted her children cheerily as she entered, her clothing reeking of smoke and smudged with ash. The woman ascended the stairs to tell her husband the entire tale.

“Just wait and see how the Orenian rats will scamper.” She cooed to him as she pushed her way into her room.

Victoria just sighed once more dressed in black. Mourning the loss of her last child, the years passed by. So many years. How she will miss her little princess. Holding her in her arms when she was just a child. How she wished she could have been in her life more. No matter.... She would see her again soon enough. 

Edward Novellen-Aldersberg looked upon the silver cigarette case he had been gifted by Maisie, a lewd woman depicted on the metal lid. He sat in silence, withdrawing a cigarette from the contained and putting it to his lips, slowly lighting the stick and taking a small puff.

Wilhelm d'Arkent hears of the news "Ohh noooo...." He hardly feigned a sad tone, nodding once and moving on.

One Dowager-Duchess of Vidaus, Caroline Ruthern-de Selm sat within rooms of the duchy now, before a maid would knock upon the door. "Come in." The elderly Ruthern said now, the maid walked in slowly now placing a letter to the hands of Caroline now. "Spasiba dear, leave me now please." The woman said as she watched her maid leave and close the door, once she was gone the dowager went to open the letter, her eyes scanning over the text. "Maisie- Can't be. Dead? Before me? They're all gone." The elderly woman's eyes filled with tears now as she sat within her chair. "Rest well- Sister." 

Caspian threw a big right hook at Maisie’s head as she entered the Seven Skies. “That’s for nearly choking me to death! But welcome, sister.”

In the halls of a palace in the sky, a pretty princess sat on a bench, bittersweetly ready to greet her best friend (and first favorite lover, not that she had any!!!).

7 minutes ago, MikoMonster said:

A cloaked figure returned to her keep in the north that evening, chuckling to herself as she strode through the gates. She greeted her children cheerily as she entered, her clothing reeking of smoke and smudged with ash. The woman ascended the stairs to tell her husband the entire tale.

“Just wait and see how the Orenian rats will scamper.” She cooed to him as she pushed her way into her room.

Her child would ignore the ashy smell surrounding her, instead rambling not to open up his bedroom because he had captured a Hoonsi rebel, and that he might escape.

Anna Mariya read the missive of her sister-in-law's death. They couldn't be more different and yet, Anna did care for Maisie as if she was a sister. "Rest well Maisie, and I'll tell you everything when I get up there."

Adriana would welcome her sisters to the high skys.

Charlotte Augusta, from her newfound dwelling, received the news of her childhood friend's demise in stony silence. A flurry of memories flooded her mind, of innocent days spent at the estate of Sunholdt and within the confines of the Augustine. Of their debut together and the many words of confidence that had passed between them.

"Someday soon, my dear Maisie...I will get us our Oren back. I hope you'll be watching over us, to see that day to fruition." She spoke solemnly to herself, brooding over yet another death that would leave a long-term scar on her heart and soul.

Joseph d'Azor let out a long sigh as he read the missive among the clanging of noise of siegework defenses being constructed at Southbridge. "Maisie..." The man frowned lightly as he tucked the missive away. "You were one of the good ones, one of the good ones indeed..." He spoke thinking back towards better times. 

"Heartless and cold." Is all Joseph could utter to Moliana at the news of his great aunt's demise unknowingly by somebody he held close in his childhood. Livid memories of abuse and stern gazes by the elder d'Arkent flooded his mind with stress, perhaps he would've turned out to be like Maisie if he had given up on this world, just as she did to pursue the void. 

"Rest, maybe it is the only thing you'll enjoy in this world."

The Kestrel learned of his old friend's terrible demise as he froze in place. His head turning slightly as he looked off into the distance, a mournful expression upon his face. "Another friend from my past has fallen. I believe only a few more until I have outlived nearly everyone. How sad..."