A Year in Moderation, done

GMRO

1 hour ago, GMRO said:

Please stop players from selling children on the auction house.

meme.png

He screamed at me in vc cause he kept hitting me in the warzone instead of the enemy, totally his fault.

18 minutes ago, Marquesa_ said:

You did not practice this at all times, as evidenced by a situation in which you doled out a punishment without consulting both players involved, levied a baseless accusation upon me, and then outright refused to speak to me about it and promptly sent me elsewhere.

Thankfully the situation was amended and the punishment was reversed due to another staff member acting as a mediator. I think that a learning lesson here for you, and all staff members (be them former or current), is to learn how to be an impartial judge of all situations, to remember that both parties are worthy of being spoken to. In any case, enjoy your retirement.

My man is retiring give him a break

@GMRO

When you first joined the team, I had slight memories of you as an Ireheart. I didn't really know you at the time, but as we worked together on the team I soon began to realize that you were one of the best moderators that we had.  I appreciate you sticking by my side in tense situations as well as my promotion to Admin. Initial promotion was rough, and I couldn't be more grateful that you were around. You honestly took a lot off of my shoulders, and are probably half the reason I'm still here today. I am devastated that you are leaving, though I know you're off to do great things for the server. 

Thank you dude. And you can still expect me to hit you up :)

Welcome to the club 

One of the most hard-working people I have ever met, and you truly deserve your retirement from GM after all that you have done. You've come a long way and it's really cool to see as someone who has known you for so long.  

+1 You deserve this one Chief. o7

You've accomplished a lot on Moderation @GMRO and I enjoyed working alongside you as a Moderator and continuing to work with you from time to time as an Administrator. Thank you for all of your hard work and enjoy retirement my friend. Take it easy. Cheers.

No personal message I’m crying rn. In other words, first joining the team a bit later after you had, you were one of the people I looked up to. Not afraid to speak your mind when you needed to and always kept a cool head. Been a real pleasure working with ya man. Hope school goes well and all the best. o7 thank you for your service

4 hours ago, Marquesa_ said:

Sadly Llir hasn't figured a way to code an automated replacement to moderators, a thousand apologizes.

No matter who the person might be people will make mistakes or perception and optics will play a role when you don't have a grasp of the full picture of what happens constantly behind the scenes. Airing out your grievances to someone who did solid work that benefited the community, on their farewell post none the less, isn't going to make you whole from that past situation. Pointing it out doesn't make you smart and it doesn't put you in a spot light of good favor for it; just lay it to rest and let them retire in peace.

---

Enjoy life GMRO and best of luck in school. It was enjoyable reading your advice section and it makes me laugh a bit in amusement at some of the should be obvious ones. Tis the life of a manager tho 😋

You have freed yourself. Big respect.

I appreciate what you had to say. Maybe we have butt heads before, but it's never malicious or with intent to put you down or call you wrong. I have more of a "debate" approach to things sometimes so that I can fully take a side once I have the facts straight. Thanks for your kind and understanding words. Will be real weird without you around.

Best of luck in what you're off to do, say hi sometime. :)