The Pretender's Folly

Crevel

Spoiler

[OOC]

This letter, while it would be mainly found in the Silver State of Haelun’or, is likely to also be found spread amongst greater Almaris by wandering High Elves wishing to spread the word.

The Pretender’s Folly

The Silver State, home of tranquility and purity, has found itself at odds with the lesser realms abroad due to their unwarranted support of the deceiver and pretender, Ivarielle - who claims a royal throne that does not exist. Eating the lies of Ivarielle, they know little of our own tradition and culture though they will put themselves against us regardless. They care little for the truth, and they care little for logic. Suffice to say, attempts from Haelun’or have been made to reconcile but it is the prejudice of the lesser realms that blinds them from following the path of reasonable judgment and fairness. They opt to support Ivarielle, for they believe that Ivarielle is the better of us but that is far from the truth as I shall tell you now, dear reader. 

Sohaer Braxus Ni’leya offered the pretender Ivarielle the chance to debate him and publicly explain her grievances to convince the mali’thill to support her, deriving this from our well-established traditions where a mali’aheral may challenge the Sohaer to a public debate overseen by the most venerated of the mali’thill, the Malauriran, to decide who is victorious and who shall be given legal control over the Silver State. Ivarielle took the offer, but she had arrived with naught but a disgraceful presence.

Arriving thirty elven minutes late, she swiftly made her way into the city and up to the Silver Citadel unimpeded. As she entered the Silver Citadel, the citizens of the city were told to move to a bench allocated to whom they supported. The Sohaer, honorable and pure, had his bench filled with mali’thill and mali’aheral. It had become so filled, that some of the supporters had to stand beside the bench. However, if one were to look at Ivarielle’s bench, they would see that it would be mostly empty… with only a crazed lunatic elf who claimed to not know who Ivarielle was after the events, and a blind elf who most likely sat at the wrong bench. Ivarielle asked, talking over the Malauriran, repeatedly and arrogantly if the Sohaer wants to surrender, going against tradition that both parties should be silent until they have been asked questions by the neutral arbiter. Despite being told to be silent, they continued. Sohaer Braxus, unwavering in his support of the traditions, remained silent except to explain to the foolish Ivarielle that tradition states that only questions posed by the arbiter be answered. 

Ivarielle, failing to coerce the Sohaer into conceding defeat before the debate had even begun, claimed that she had already won and did not need to debate. Still unimpeded by the Sillumir, she fled the Silver Citadel and away from the debate. The spectators stood in shock and awe as the pretender so brashly threw out centuries of tradition in their arrogance, possibly even fear of losing. Despite the coward’s absence, a vote had been put to the Malauriran so that concluding the event would be done as is appropriate to tradition despite the obstruction. It was no surprise that the Malauriran had unanimously proclaimed that Braxus Ni’leya would retain legal leadership over the Silver State.

Whether you be a foreigner from beyond the Silver State, or a citizen that was unable to attend. This event has shown that the pretender, the coward, the deceiver Ivarielle, has no support from the High Elven hegemony. They are an ambitious seeker of power and act only contrary to the Silver State’s established traditions of centuries-old. To those who are diplomats from those realms who support Ivarielle, take this to your leader. See that they know the truth so that they may reconsider their position in this debacle, so that they may not be judged negatively among your people for supporting someone who does not stay true to their word. 

Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya!

Ay’Larihei!

- Anonymous Mali’thill

Among the citizens, after said 'debate', a High Elf in blue was seen shouting, "Ay'Larihei! Only true 'Aheral may lead the Silver State!!"

"I mean, she has already won. Almost every major and relevant nation backs Ivarielle's claim. I don't see why she'd bother debating over a truth against a brainwashed Sohaer and Dimaethor's herd of cattle." The elfess snickered, finding the word that had spread around to be truly amusing. "She really did just walk out on them? That is true princess energy right there."

“As I have stated prior, the pretender does not search for resolution but conflict. They are not here to graciously lead our people into prosperity but to mislead us into ruination. Princess Ivarielle the First was given the keys to the Kingdom, which she declined.” Usamea An’asul commented 

Maenor would get his hands on the missive, and read it from the comfort of his abode, all the while sipping on some tea. "There's a little lie. I was neither in awe, nor in shock. In fact, I expected nothing else from Ivarielle. Civil discourse is a thing unheard of in 'fennic culture. Nor am I surprised that she was late. I believe the Mali'fenn are, like, a millennia behind technologically, and have still not discovered clocks. I've read once that they still draw lines and plant sticks in sand. I almost pity them." he'd comment casually as he drank.

Ayliana sat next to Ikur Sullas after the debate, listening to his crazed rambles about snails and tea, her fingers nervously playing with the fabrics of her dress as she thought of the events that occurred today. 

She began to think of her friends who werent in Haelunor, those who backed Ivarielle, hoping they will someday see the truth. 

Elder Hieden the Fat Grandaxe would stare at the missive, scratching his arse and tutting. 

“As aneybodeh told teh Silver Stat of their own history of being ruled by iron fist, by anyone willing to put up

with them as a vassal… any nation who saw fit to conquer them… they are the ***** of nations, the knee benders, the Silver Servant, and that will never change. They have in living history hid behind stronger nation, unable to fight their own battles and resorting to strongly worded letters and missives, while under the notion someone else would fight their battle for them. Braxus follows the same bottom rung position every Sohaer has had before him but this time without anyone holding his lead. The whole world lines up at your door Sohaer, your debates and fancy words will not save you or your backers…you need friends, you need an army…and you have neither all while your enemies increase.” 

Hieden chuckled, his laugh booming and belly wobbling.