A Cavalier's Last Charge [PK]

CanadaMatt

Good Audio

A   C a v a l i e r ‘ s   L a s t   C h a r g e

kQNlS0VeKZdCCVcKfgozEaRX2Ryj_nYdL6jGFwNFpwsDSqynTOTsix6vr0_Tlfi-iij8akn63wXNDznJXA6oRayqypIQSQMEv3nS0fqeKoNFW4Tt5t5VYxpCy1zaOH99LH0mdgcp

Senior Corporal Arthur Galbraith to the right of his horse

The sounds of Urguan drums echo in the coast followed by coalition battle cries echoed off the hills of southbridge filling, the sky dark under a carpet of clouds and then the sound of something flying is heard from above….then darkness filled with the sound of Ferrum clashing and buildings crumbling and shouts of battle echoed.

And slowly light appeared, vision a blur pillars of smoke filling the sky, but all was quiet not a man is heard nor a bird calling just the sounds of fallen flags blowing in the wind, but what happened where was he, is all that could be thought of in Arthurs’s head as he struggled to move to then realize his legs were trapped beneath his Black Horse and a wooden stake impaled through his chest plate from what one could assume was what was left of a destroyed trebuchet

“ Good god…I’m dying” he would say with a sound of fear within his throat “But why this way, why must I go,  but it must go this way….god willing….I die contented” and thus the world faded in Arthurs’s eyes the life of him reaching its final act, his service….Complete

2FTIRyW2yU2YP4HcFajvcxw6nzOznsimwblMD7l9YQrTrpub3-vW2Q7GhSm5VbDXxu78Fl9s_UsEz4hptOmTcpyoUNxTOYEE3kY01OzH36bMEpMCGSrXBabQesKwk2II6vikxyLo

Arthurs last letter

If this letter is to be read, then I must have reached my time’s end, I am no poet nor am I a man of many words or opinions, my life has been to duty….to family….to the empire’s defense. My life may have not been the best, I laughed and cried and at times disappointed at much risk of myself. I made bad choices in my life but is that not human, will I be forgiven for my mistakes in life by what I've done wrong be them friend or foe.

All I ask for upon my death is that I am buried upon pastures green by a river with my sabre and uniform, perhaps even bury my horse next to me for perhaps in the seven skies I may be able to go for one last ride

I should probably start this letter to my family, and there’s no better person to start this with but with my father

Father, I know I've done you wrong in my life, I hope one day we could speak again but I hope we have before this letter, but thus far I feel I have driven you to disappointment, we have not spoken in years, but I’m sure it was for good reason. But I remember the time you taught me and Philip to fight, I only wish that lesson stuck or well… this letter wouldn’t be written

My brother Philip, Dear brother, we have never been on good terms since we were young lads, always getting into fights trying to prove who was the better man, but it is clear who won that, You.  

To my Sister Lousia, Lousia my dear sister thank you for all the great memories and being there for me, I remember when we were kids you stole fathers keys and we broke into the stables and took two horses just to be caught by father, oh the face he made when he caught us on the horses.

And to my death friends Jon, and George
My friends, I fear that you must continue our journey on your own now I fear I can no longer continue, Jon, watch over George. He always gets himself into trouble and often ends up with him sick, and George, well you’re fine just keep doing what you’re doing. 

I apologies if I missed anyone in my letters as I rush to write this before battle in case of my death

Arthur Dudley Galbraith
Senior Corporal-3rd brigade of the ISA
Deputy Lord Mayor ( Circa 1852-1854) 

Spoiler

OOC NOTE

This is my first ever Pk post so I apologize if it’s kinda bad, I have played Arthur from the beginning until now and made some great memories and new friends IRP and OOC, but it is what it is. I would like to thank everyone who iv rped with on Arthur Galbraith. It was a great time to do so regardless, Special thanks to Wagwan for allowing me to play this character even though we had our disagreements along the way while I played Arthur.

Anywho LETS GOOOO ANOTHER FREE PERSONA SLOT WOOP WOOP

After hearing the news of her first love’s death, Safiya would pack her belongings and retire for a very much needed getaway at Azor. “I fell in love with you all over again, yet you leave from this world.” She spoke as she entered the doors of the estate. “At last you have peace. Peace from your dreadful father, peace from your the endless fighting, and peace from me. You shall forever be in my heart- even though you’re a pain in my ass. Rest well, Dudley.

Edited by Cubicita

Though, Eris did not receive a letter the news reached her ears soon enough and then the woman, who for all of her years had never been anything but happy, began to feel a foreign feeling. Tears falling down her porcelain cheeks and she couldn't stop them. 

Suddenly she knew she would not shake this feeling of dread for a long time to come. The man she had loved for practically a life time, her husband, the man she'd been chasing for years until she was finally able to call him her own... gone. 

Eris could do nothing, she felt helpless and suddenly she looked upon Victoria, wiped her tears though they still kept coming and said to her. "It's time to go home little dove." Abandoning the Galbraith estate and everything in it because it reminded her far too much of him and everything they'd had together. Perhaps walking by she'd run into the familiar face of Safiya @Cubicitaand that would only make her more sad for Arthur's passing.

She spoke to the woman whom she'd had very little respect for since her husband told her all the terrible things that woman had done to him in his first marriage, though she felt she had a right to know. 

"Arthur is dead." With that, she walked off with Victoria and went to find her father.

George Maximilian looked over the letter as it was delievered to him at his estate. The office was all quite as he read over it, discovering his friends grim fate. He would let out a deep exhale, shakey, and soft. "Why is this the fate of a good man. Why is the world determined to kill good men. Why does God let this happen." He dips his head now until his forehead knocked against the desk, and the room continued to sit in silence. George sat there for hours, letting the sun fade behind the trees of the nearby wood. Within that time, books would be scattered across the floor, letters crumpled and torn. The sorrow of the Count was clear, and the only that remained in place was that letter, that was delievered to his estate just saints hours ago. . .

Edwin sighs. Tonight will be a long night for him.

During a quiet night, some many miles away from the battle in which his old friend was slain, the veteran Captain Ezekiel Moores would read the missive delivered to him by his squire; a list bearing many names and ranks, Orenian patriots whose lives were tragically cut short. His brows creased ever so slightly as the soldier's shrewd brown orbs glazed over one man's name: Senior Corporal Arthur Galbraith. Apathetic to the woes of war after many trying years, the man knew he would find no solace in tears or emotional outbursts.

Slowly, the officer rose to his feet, pacing across his rather grand field tent to a small liquor cabinet. He filled two glasses with rich amber liquid, downing both with a sorrowful frown stretched across his face. It was not the last drink the Captain would down that night, though it was by far the night's most memorable one.

"Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori." He would utter, a tinge of bittersweet lingering in the back of his throat as he returned to his station.

If Cap'n Sam of the Sea Monkeys ever learned through the grapevine of this ISA soldier's death, she'd raise two bottles of rum in salute to the best, most honorable guard she'd ever met. She could still feel that blade to her throat in her nightmares...