[PK] Another Ancient Fellow

Gandhi

Spoiler

DEATH OF ANOTHER ANCIENT FELLOW

LUKA BISHOP’S DEATH

NisrQoNHsAk7hz5SW-Yg6B4-QBoy8clMYoFxjX1Hvzjem8b3dN2iPTW_zYbH93o3Lbk8zGNHKVfePrtDGGfGK2_Cr1eXXt3qegUqqlnZq7WbM58lhgVgQgxJqqPn3-M6toZjPu4s

[1770-1854]

Luka shuffled away from his meager campsite at the first sight of the sun. A plain waterskin gripped within his right hand. He continued on through the shrubbery of the forest until he found a small clearing, in which the senile, aged man continued on through over the grass. By this point Luka recalled the birth of his first and only child, Alice; he hadn’t known what caused him to remember this but it caused a sharp pain to shoot through his chest. He lifted his right hand up to clutch at his tunic though to no avail. 

Yam szam, Alice...”

He mumbled through strained breathes, attempting to retain a steady air flow, in and out.

Though once again to no avail. His attempt saved the man a moment before he finally collapsed to the grass.

In a moment of desperation the estranged Bishop whispered.

Yam szam.

A final time before those continuous sharp pains kept motion until the man was motionless on the grass. The waterskin which he had previously clung to, spilt out over the weeds of grass as Luka Bishop, veteran of the Sedanian Rebellion and the Tenth Nordling war, lay dead.

To the Mercatorii

Spoiler

You all are my brothers in arms, and I’ve ignored my duties by your sides for almost a decade now. I offer a genuine and serious apology from the heart, born a bastard in the crevices of New Reza you all brought me reason, purpose. I’m sorry I was never able to make my return to New Esbec, because if you’re reading this letter, I’ve passed. Settle down, leave your past behind you in favor of the new Mercatore and a more sedentary lifestyle, I'll always be watching.

-Goiko NC-Offiya Agentea of the F.P.A’s Mercatorii Partisan Guard, 

Luka Bishop 'Viktor' of the First, Second, and Third Hour.

To Ser Erwin Bishop

Spoiler

Forgive me for my past transgression's, towards you and your kin, Ser Erwin. I held the belief that you could not live up to Josephite Leadership of the House but I've concluded with my time out deep in the woods. Maybe you people will be a fair successor to Petyr Bishop and his Sedanian loyalists. Keep your wits amongst you for there will always be people looking to steal everything from you. My final request with death is that you teach your children about the Sedanian Rebellion and the Family's early years in Haense, with my father and uncle's likewise in New Reza. Dravi,

-Luka Bishop

Upon Luka's entry into the Seven Skies, he found himself being greeted by Henry Bishop, his cousin. "Well Luka, took du long enough du old man" he said with a sigh as he offered Luka a glass of Carrion "Come, sit, the Family awaits du."

Apoloniusz Bishop regardless of past conflict with Luka, Apolo was still saddened to the furthest extent. He had lost his brother, for whom he had fought with in many conflicts, always together.  The loss of 'the Ancients' was a milestone in Apoloniusz' life. 

When Luka finally enters the seven skies, and Alice had finished crying at watching her fathers last moments; she would then run to the man and hug him tightly, smiling bright up at him while tears are still present on her face "Father.. You do niet need to be sorry, you did nothing wrong.. I'm just glad to see you again."

[!] if Erwin Bishop was not in a coma, he would have reacted in the following way:

Erwin Bishop hears/reads the news from his balcony as he sipped his carrion. As he looked between his bottle and the lively streets below where his kids played and his brother cared for his newborn, a small tear would slowly roll down Erwin's frowning face.

All he could remember of the long lost uncle was the time in his youth where Luka visited him in reinmar and kicked his ass. Yet he for whatever reason could not bring himself to find only anger to his reaction of the news, instead some small glint of sadness befell him. "Ve could have loved, onkle, ve could have been freunds".

Erwin blinked once more at the paper before looking to his kids again, with a long sigh, he spoke to luka now, wherever he was. "Dur vish ist granted onkle, mein kinder, und zheir kinder, vill know of our history... even zhe parts ich have avoided tellink undtil now."

Petyr Bishop smiles upon seeing Luka's entrance to the Seven Skies, he grumbles for a moment, remembering that he had not gotten his water yet

A young Mercatorii read the news he had collected from local missive boards to his veteran aging, crippled, Father as he lay in bed..

”A Bishop, the family, has passed away, a letter addressed to our kin follows, Father.. Do you wish to hear it?” 

“A Bishop..? Who- His name, what was his name, Ezicul?”

”Luka, papa, Luka Bishop.. Shall I read his letter now?”

The Father choked on his words, but gave a slight nod nonetheless, and the Son read the letter.. The Father shed a single tear rolling over so his Son could not see his moment of weakness.

”I would like some alone-time, Ezicul. Please.”

”Of course, Papa.”

Till death do I part.