On the Pontiff's Health Following Recent Events

Pureimp10

"The plot thickens..." James Hartford and Brother Omari would remark in unison.

Duncan would throw the dead body of Johanna d'Arkent into the river chuckling as he did "Du silly girl, du shouldnt try to kill the Pontiff on Orenian soil" He walks off without a care in the world

"Oren has suffered dearly in recent events, its rulers ordered to abdicate, and even suffering a great conquest its Pontiff permitted for its sins, and yet the Orenian people still served their faith admirably when it was required of them. This is what Canonist humility looks like. Any man could learn a multitude of lessons from the ISA's conduct today," Jurgen remarked.

"God, forgive me for I judged too quickly.. Canonist Orenians, blessed be until your last breath and after it..", Father Erhard signs the cross of Husariya, praying for the High Pontiff's health afterwards..

*Smiles  as she reads the document and then swears as the medic she sought out binds and heals said arrow wound*

"Unfortunate that he randomly twitched so the first arrow hit his arm instead of its intended target. Must be a sign of old age." Simply remarked one man.

"You say you have not abandoned us, yet you have allowed our supposed brothers and sisters to slaughter thousands of Orenians together with a coalition of heathens. You have abandoned us." Joseph Clement de Sarkozy said, reminding himself of the many fallen in this war as he looked at the vigil within the square of New Providence. Lighting a candle for them as he was mourning for them. 

"Oh GOD," the Prelate of the Clergy sounds in panic upon hearing the news. "Thank GOD they stopped the fiend who sought to kill his Holiness," he says, calming after he realizes Everard VI is recovering. 

Presbyter Ileana, her face and body heavily bruised when she threw herself over the Pontiff as the D'Arkent assassin attempted to end him, read over the news with elation. "I am so pleased that His Holiness took my suggestion of granting Sir Jarad a Black Sepulchre."

Still, despite her elation, her face darkened. "But who would have used such underhanded methods? Perhaps that Sarkozy who has publicly denounced the Pontiff? He was hanging around the Basilica suspiciously after the attack. Surely not for the safety of the Pontiff, whom he despises. Or maybe it was the Philippian schismatics? They see the Pontiff as the spawn of Iblees. Would they have fallen so far as to do such a thing?"

She began drafting a letter. "It is past time for us to take action against the various factions forming against the Holy Mother Church. We ignore them now at our own, and our flocks', peril."

12 hours ago, Burnsider said:

Presbyter Ileana, her face and body heavily bruised when she threw herself over the Pontiff as the D'Arkent assassin attempted to end him, read over the news with elation. "I am so pleased that His Holiness took my suggestion of granting Sir Jarad a Black Sepulchre."

Still, despite her elation, her face darkened. "But who would have used such underhanded methods? Perhaps that Sarkozy who has publicly denounced the Pontiff? He was hanging around the Basilica suspiciously after the attack. Surely not for the safety of the Pontiff, whom he despises. Or maybe it was the Philippian schismatics? They see the Pontiff as the spawn of Iblees. Would they have fallen so far as to do such a thing?"

She began drafting a letter. "It is past time for us to take action against the various factions forming against the Holy Mother Church. We ignore them now at our own, and our flocks', peril."

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy arched a brow at Presbyter Ileana as she mentioned the name of Sarkozy, a scoff came from him upon the accusation of him somehow being behind the attempted assassination of the High Pontiff. 

"It is rather strange for you to accuse me and other Orenians for 'plotting against His Holiness'. In the eight-thousand Orenians have died and eight-thousand souls have been sent to the Seven Skies because the 'Fidei-Defensor' who had made a pact with those cursed heathens and you wonder why a girl of fourteen years old held a grudge against His Holiness? People tend to underestimate the influence His Holiness has upon the youth of all Canonist nations and the own opinions that the youth forms. Only GOD knows who that girl lost during the war, perhaps friends - or family? But of course, now she is dead; she has no voice to speak for herself in this matter so all that is left of her is her own family and her friends. I wish nothing more for a peaceful place for all of the Orenians - and let us enjoy such peace when we still can. And perhaps, just perhaps - if GOD is willing to grant such chance, then there is time for reconciliation instead of this madness about the deeds of one person and then to blame the majority of the Holy Orenian Empire."

The young Sarkozic then signed the Lorraine upon Presbyter Ileana, walking off - As he began to write a letter for the siblings of Johanna d'Arkent; the same friends Joseph grew up with - Anne Josephine, Joseph Alexander - the letter also included the Duke of Sunholdt. 

Spoiler

"To the House of d'Arkent.

You have my condolences in regards to the passing of your late sister. It was an honor to have worked with her to collect many things for the war effort together with the Marnatine Hall and thus she made the example that every Orenian should have had during the times of war. I know how it feels like to lose one of your own, for your family is all that matters within the wretched world that we live in as mere mortals. The House of d'Arkent shall be within the prayers of the House of Sarkozic and thus we pray for your recovery of this grief, and may GOD guide you all through this period.

- Joseph Clement de Sarkozy of House Sarkozic"

ccNrAEiePMmySRqfjil4U9rJiRpU5-z_OFyoaaOVEsfTPqh_3hDVJyrtHmICytpkZMmZmsu3gQRMTAwQO6YYdvvvmo4zDryJ1lMXeSPjTuw2tlAzWPlzK7QnLf5UKPNtxqZRn9KJ

@Kholibrii

@Herod

@CharmingCavalier

2 hours ago, sashimichopped said:

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy arched a brow at Presbyter Ileana as she mentioned the name of Sarkozy, a scoff came from him upon the accusation of him somehow being behind the attempted assassination of the High Pontiff. 

"It is rather strange for you to accuse me and other Orenians for 'plotting against His Holiness'. In the eight-thousand Orenians have died and eight-thousand souls have been sent to the Seven Skies because the 'Fidei-Defensor' who had made a pact with those cursed heathens and you wonder why a girl of fourteen years old held a grudge against His Holiness? People tend to underestimate the influence His Holiness has upon the youth of all Canonist nations and the own opinions that the youth forms. Only GOD knows who that girl lost during the war, perhaps friends - or family? But of course, now she is dead; she has no voice to speak for herself in this matter so all that is left of her is her own family and her friends. I wish nothing more for a peaceful place for all of the Orenians - and let us enjoy such peace when we still can. And perhaps, just perhaps - if GOD is willing to grant such chance, then there is time for reconciliation instead of this madness about the deeds of one person and then to blame the majority of the Holy Orenian Empire."

The young Sarkozic then signed the Lorraine upon Presbyter Ileana, walking off - As he began to write a letter for the siblings of Johanna d'Arkent; the same friends Joseph grew up with - Anne Josephine, Joseph Alexander - the letter also included the Duke of Sunholdt. 

Hide contents

"To the House of d'Arkent.

You have my condolences in regards to the passing of your late sister. It was an honor to have worked with her to collect many things for the war effort together with the Marnatine Hall and thus she made the example that every Orenian should have had during the times of war. I know how it feels like to lose one of your own, for your family is all that matters within the wretched world that we live in as mere mortals. The House of d'Arkent shall be within the prayers of the House of Sarkozic and thus we pray for your recovery of this grief, and may GOD guide you all through this period.

- Joseph Clement de Sarkozy of House Sarkozic"

ccNrAEiePMmySRqfjil4U9rJiRpU5-z_OFyoaaOVEsfTPqh_3hDVJyrtHmICytpkZMmZmsu3gQRMTAwQO6YYdvvvmo4zDryJ1lMXeSPjTuw2tlAzWPlzK7QnLf5UKPNtxqZRn9KJ

@Kholibrii

@Herod

@CharmingCavalier

Spoiler

"His Holiness does not control the inner workings of coalitions. There is no one to blame for the war other than the ones who declared it," commented Ileana.

"The dark times are coming, many are scared of rising against the minions of Iblees, but the longer you wait - the more power they obtain!" A little girl commented from the Seven Skies, her body in bruises and scars from the beating which led to her death.

Fiodor traced the Lorraine across his chest as he knelt down in prayer in the Basilica of Bl. George of Leuvaarden in San Luciano, praying not only for the High Pontiff but the executed girl and other culprits also.