[PK] - Forever Sailing

beetle

Forever Sailing

3rd of The Deep Cold, SA 58

q8EUv74KPW7IhutJTiD8d8kaAh1UDNHacdi-BtYH16kS_jz6czGlvO-QIfUivlOcLV3zRfTCM1O88UpDsSebjxx3TA8XCJWSkXv0lPYpb5OpCWBTKJCODTkcupuRCifDZGYSsK9W

Zx0WU1uFxdA1ns9hUq-Uc9le7UszUuv3yd3A3tvg5ocWDarGN3tmfKrg3FnElyHR_LC9RJGbSPoxyNHdI-iLkZlO3LVzAk-A6kJg0XkOGdLHIrsLzjSljVnWrnoJwAdS6lfIRSIt

[!] A painting of Captain Maya’s ship, The Blauw.

q8EUv74KPW7IhutJTiD8d8kaAh1UDNHacdi-BtYH16kS_jz6czGlvO-QIfUivlOcLV3zRfTCM1O88UpDsSebjxx3TA8XCJWSkXv0lPYpb5OpCWBTKJCODTkcupuRCifDZGYSsK9W

Maya Bishop knew. She knew.

It was a gut feeling, a headache.

A superpower of her own.

She always knew.

Quickly before she left the lands again, she spoke with a friend in silent whispers.

She handed them a box. A box full of things.

Things she didn’t need anymore.

She boarded the ship without a second thought, ignoring the pounding headache she had.

She continued on with her duties. Ordering her crew around, fixing the sails, doing captain things.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Soon, the darkness had filled the sky as Maya did another check around the ship.

She glanced out to the waves of the sea, realizing a storm was approaching.

The headache resurfaced once more.

At least she was happy with her ending.

She would be Forever Sailing.

Months passed. Years passed.

It was time.

Maya’s friend, whom she spoke to before boarding her ship, finally decided to deliver the letters and items that were in the box.

The letters go to the following:

Cillian Castaway

Spoiler

Cillian,

I don’t know what to say. I’ve rewritten this letter so many times to the point I had to get more paper. I’m also running out of ink. But I realized something. All I need to say is that I love you. I always loved you. 

Don’t be stupid when I’m gone, okay? Don’t be a drunk, or a smoker, you’re better than that. You’ll be okay with whatever life hits you with. Be good, be strong.

With love,

Maya

Adrianna Irene Darkwood née Barclay

Spoiler

Schwester Adrianna,

You were the sister I never had. You were my family. You did everything for me despite how wild and intense I was. You were always there for me from the very beginning. You didn’t treat me any differently - unlike the other snobby nobles from Haense. I hope your kids don’t turn like that. No offense.

I hope your marriage continues to last. I hope that you’re happy. I hope that you live a longer life than I could. Once again, thank you. 

With love,

Schwester Maya

Charles Darkwood

Spoiler

Other Dad,

You’re kinda dumb. Did you know that? 

I think you know that but if you didn’t, now you know. Regardless, keep my schwester happy. Don’t let her be sad over my death. I want her to be happy - don’t let her get all sad and mopey. 

Anywho, thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for being the “other dad” that I needed. 

And stop being dumb or else I’m going to break your other leg when you get to the Seven Skies.

- Maya

Ser Reinhardt Barclay

Spoiler

Half Dad,

Thank you for watching over me - thank you for being the “half dad” that I needed. Henry would’ve been proud of you. 

Don’t let Clarisse court some weird noble boy. She’s too good for that. 

And thank Duke Johann on my behalf for letting me stay at the Barclay Keep from time to time.

- Maya

Clarisse Barclay

Spoiler

Sun,

You’ve grown so much. I’m so proud of you.

I’m sorry for not spending more time with you. I regret it a lot. But, I leave you with all of my things. My captain's hat, my coat, my swords, and all sorts of other things.

And I will say the same thing I told your father, don’t court some noble boy. You’re better than that. Know your own worth. Stay strong, stay sharp.

-Auntie Maya

Friedrich Henryson

Spoiler

Brother,

I don’t know how things are going for you but I do hope things are going well. You will be an amazing father, the same way Henry was to us. May your kids be the same. I wish nothing but the best for you.

-Maya

Spoiler

ooc:

My first ever pk! 

I loved rping on Maya despite the trouble she caused.

Thank you all for the memories <3

And a special thanks to @Ziggitee for inspiring me at 4am to pk my character

Charles Darkwood sat there in his cozy little study pondering over a book as said letter arrived. He peered between the signature and the beginning of the letter; as though he didn't wish for it to end. His eyes stood trained on the beginning before eventually lifting his visage to drawl out over the rest of the letter.

"They're all going, one by one. Ich will, though." 

He remarked shortly with a frown, then lowering the letter and returning to his book with teary eyes.

Luka Bishop promptly welcomed his cousin into the seven skies alongside Petyr, sipping Carrion throughout the night.

Petyr Bishop welcomes Maya with a glass of carrion black, and his sickly complexion being distorted into a smile. He raises a glass in her honor as he walks through the gates.

Henry Bishop's Skygod is extremely concerned with how many Bishops are dropping dead recently. Nonetheless, Henry was the first one to welcome Maya upon her arrival in the Seven Skies, giving his daughter the biggest bearhug possible "Its a shame du are here so soon mein daughter, but Ich missed du terribly."

Ser Reinhardt sat recovering in his chambers in Reinmar, his wife by his side, lecturing him again on dueling when a servant arrived with a letter addressed to him. His one eye maintained its gaze on the server then to the letter, then took the message dismissed the servant and opened its contents. He read allowed the letter in front of his beloved, his eye widening as tears began to well up in the corners, streaming down his cheeks till he whispered “Be at peace, Maya… may du forever find paradise in your true home among the waves”

Emil Barclay can only stare at the letter addressed to his sister, recalling distant memories of his childhood. His gaze drifts to the window, to the Reinmar harbor, before he marches off with determination set upon his face.

Spoiler

... now for the big one ...

Adrianna Darkwood busied herself with chores in preparation for the Barclay Keep renovations. It was hard and demanding work, but she was preparing herself for returning to the public eye in a few days. 

A messenger arrived grave-faced to the Keep gates with a collection of notes for the residents. 

Adrianna was hurriedly handed a piece of worn parchment with her name on while the messenger busled past. She stood stock still, her eyes beginning to prick with tears before even opening the letter. She knew what notes delivered by messenger meant. Just who would it be, this time?

The Surgeon General's usually steady fingers quivered by her pocket where a familiar living doll stirred. She read through the letter very slowly, and by the time she had finished it and her sharp eyes had picked up on the signature at the end, they were brimming with tears.

She did not shriek or holler this time, she did not cry or wail. But with her thudding heart she headed for her room and locked herself inside, hands clutching at her pained head as she wept silent tears. The only utterance came from her was to whimper, "N-nein, Schwester.. Nicht you too-! Ich... Ich cannicht be without you, Ich will just die if you leave mich by myself..."

Adrianna's door remained locked from thenceforth as she had decided to wait a little longer... She needed more time.

"Nein," uttered an unruly-haired Barclay lass as she read the note addressed to her. 

"Nein!" she'd repeat, then again, and again, and over and over, the note within her hands crumpling as her hands clenched about the feeble piece of paper.

Tears stung her eyes of soulful viridian, bright and curious eyes that had always looked up to the valiant piratess since they first landed upon her - the older sister figure that opened the doors to just about every facet of Clarisse Barclay's life. Sailing, adventure, swordsmanship, family. 

Immediately did she run through the Reinmaren courtyard to that tiny room that Maya had taken up residence in as if to see her lazed about on the couch as she had done so many times before - only to feel the tears spill over her cheeks as she eyed Maya's pet monkey absent-mindedly nibbling at a bowl of fruit left to go bad in the dusty room. The wee creature would stare back at her with beady brown eyes, intelligent but oblivious.

"Maya," she cried in a whisper, barely audible as she collapsed herself onto the couch, hugging that letter desperately to her chest. 

Edited by MildStatic

Spoiler

As proposed by triangle (Delta) herself, this was Maya's and Cillian's theme song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rItv9i6c7AY

Cillian Castaway looked to his steps with eyebags that sacked down to his nose. His face was tearstained after only just reading the death of his only blood family. His only friend, his only love, his only family left from loyalty and friendship, stamped the letter on the step. Kneeling down, he looked bare at the parchment. A part of his soul tugged away from the missive as if not wanting to risk the chance. His straws became sparse and who knew which would make him tick enough to pull the last one. Though, with persistence inherited from his late father, Fionn Castaway, he slid his fingers to the envelope to open such a letter. His eyes pulled against the missive's sentences and words. Until he had stopped. "I always loved you."   Cillian paused at the realization he had made. They both loved each other. The only one who would ever come close to Cillian, the only one who would smile and laugh at Cillian. Maya, had perished. His Father, and now his love. He began  replaying each moment, each opportunity to tell Maya how he felt. Yet how could a commoner like him be accepted by a Bishop as of her. Even after and into his late life. Neither of those two things mattered to each other. It was him. He was the one who tugged back. He was scared of Maya. Her courage and strength pushed himself away. He was afraid of rejection. Afraid that the only person he will ever love would leave him alone. Now he was all alone. No friends, no family, nobody. Nobody at all. The Castaway took to the inside of his abode and sobbed atop the mourning of his father.      I guess it's wrong what they say, you can't fight fire with fire. Because one will die out eventually.