TO PRINCESS IVARIELLE I

Gemini

An open letter to Princess Ivarielle the First 

from the common folk of Haelun'or

To Princess Ivarielle I,

You were invited to Haelun’or to debate for the position of Sohaer, to debate as is tradition in our culture. The Government heard your call and offered you the chance to win over the council of Malauriran. While I understand you were not eager to debate in a position where your chances were slim, you still stood before the very citizens that you wish to rule. 

Thousands of Mali’aheral had gathered within the Silver Citadel, happy to hear you debate and to finally have an idea of what you wish to do with Haelun’or. We patiently awaited you, excited to see whether you indeed would be what Haelun’or is in a dire need of. However, it seems to us, the common folk, that we waited for nothing. You did not greet us, even look at us for that matter. You showed how little you truly care for us, the very Mali you claim to be the leader of. 

You had the chance to finally show the Haelunorians what you truly are, to make us decide on our own whether to support you or not. The government is small, we citizens are large in quantity. What you needed was our support, not the government’s— and you failed

You showed the common folk of Haelun’or that you only wish to conquer. You showed us that we have no room under your care if you were to take over, you showed us that you do not care for our lives. You showed us that you only care for power and that you are willing to spill our blood for it. 

If you have even the slightest of care for us, leave us alone. We do not support you, we do not want to live under your rule. Take your people, settle elsewhere and leave us be. You lost Haelun’or the moment you fled, after asking the Sohaer whether he will surrender or not. 

We are not cattle, we are Mali

To the foreign nations,

I hope you hear our call, Haelun’or will never fall and we shall not bend the knee to a pretender that cares for us not. We are proud to be Haelunorian, living peaceful lives, dedicating our lives to progress and health. I urge the foreign nations to pull their support for the false princess that is a threat to our lives. I urge you to listen to the very people of Haelun’or, she is not our ruler. She does not wish to see the Mali united but her walls painted with the blood of Larihei’s flock.

Ivarielle, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope one day you’d see through all that lust for blood— however, the Haelunorian Mali wants nothing to do with you now or ever. Leave us alone to live another day, to carry children, and lead the people that follow you or die trying to take over Haelun’or. I assure you, we will not lose. 

Signed, 

The Common folk of Haelun'or

Spoiler

The letter has been posted on behalf of someone who wished to remain anonymous-- however edited by none other than myself <3 praise my xenforo skills

Casimira, who was still quite offended following her most recent interaction with a High Elf, wrinkled her nose in mild annoyance. "Yes, well, it's a matter of spite for me, at this point. I didn't care a whit about all this 'princess' business when Vane made his statement of support or whatever it was, but then they insulted me," The incredibly petty woman hissed before  then returning to stewing over a months-old slight that was, put frankly, an honest mistake on the part of the High Elf in question. Some people, unfortunately, are impossible.

Mera Camian still didn't care either way, because she was still pretending that foreigners don't exist.

“Haelunor brainwashing strikes again.” A pale elfess snickered, shaking her head. “I feel as though they’re trying to get publicity to get malipower to replace the contents of their armoury… Perhaps another visit is due. My massive stocks of iron could use a top-up.”

A particular high elven woman rubs at her temples, her head aching from her hangover that was the result of her previous night of careless tinkering.  With the chatter of nearby wine traders discussing this particular letter, Celiasul Sul'Sumana's features contorted into a grimace for their words were far too loud for her throbbing head!  There was much talk of this in the recent months and such talk didn't seem as if it were going to fade anytime soon; the inventor-elf was beginning to grow curious on just what was going on back at home.

"Why are they calling her Princess Ivarielle the First if they don't recognize her...?" asked a curious tavern-going elf garbed in loose red travel-wear, to nobody in particular. "Surely they should have given her some deprecating nickname instead..."

The High Elf would stir, thinking carefully on all this. The Conclave, perhaps, he may listen with his people and try to discern what might Malin's will on this subject be. 

simple ame watches the on-goings up close and far away. Hearing the opinions of all sides wash over him as his race affords him simple luxuries that the mali'aheral would never admit they lost and as the open letter falls before him, he looks up to the guest in his home. "This is what is wrong with the mali'aheral, this is what is wrong with your people. The belief in their own wisdom has blinded them to simple truth that should be laid bare for them to see. In their over eagerness to prove themselves at a higher intellect they fail to discern simple truths." His finger moves to the paper.

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

for the position of Sohaer

"Ivarielle does not wish to be Sohaer. She wishes to break the cycle of what Haelun'or has always been into something new for all mali'aherals to finally have what they lost so long ago. Their liberty." His finger trails further down the paper.

The government is small, we citizens are large in quantity. What you needed was our support, not the government’s— and you failed

"She lost the support of a citizenry that has already wished her death. And who is this one citizen so cowardly to hide their words behind that of the very same government they claimed to have no presence in. Due to this very simple fact this random citizen who claims to represent all has lost their credibility not to mention the complete lack of understanding in the issues as evident to any who read this open letter. His ramblings continue as his fingers slide over the ink. 

asking the Sohaer whether he will surrender or not. 

We are not cattle, we are Mali

"Cattle are not afforded the luxury of a choice. You should feel honored that you were given such and another army did not march up your silver steps and put more of you city to the sword. The Sillumir have grown strong but this estranged beliefs that they can stand up to what now assails them will be the end of The Silver State that I have been trying to protect... protect despite the fact that the very foundation of Haelun'or's belief rests on the fact that I am worth less than the very mali'aherals that plot against them!" He moves his attention to the closing words of the letter, looking to his guest again.

We are proud to be Haelunorian

"This fact is lost on no one. The fact that these common folk cannot see that this is where the very issue lies is why they are losing this conflict despite all the faults they claim Ivarielle to have."

"I pray everyday to the Aspects for your people to get their shit together. And everyday I am greeted by further propaganda and nonsense. There are faults to Ivarielle, but faults that Haelun'or continually dismisses in exchange for broad and baseless remarks on her character in an attempt to belittle the claim they claim to say she doesn't even have."

"My prayers for the Mali'aheral will not cease. But I fear they will never be answered."

Ivarielle yawns as she sits in her room alone, she wonders why half the citizenry believe they are paramount when she could replace every one that leaves with two... an 'aheral that hated that person and an 'aheral wanting to come home. She then thought about how she liked music, she truly did like music. "Why isnt there many bards these days.. maybe I should hire a bard to drown out this insufferable noise I keep being alerted to, hm" The Princess pondered in her room. "Mayhaps its time to write a song now to match my painting"