We Are Avenged

Javert

Spoiler

--jXHVpyVk7hx8i-ytyLt8hN7ftlEUmS7u-byo5TSKY_aHxDToJGMq_07ugCiZYzBModqh6z2DpUraJeBenPZ9-rDkvf6MC1N6rAVWkocK2SH3GFO9nNWNukGjCOgxvF2Z8EIfIX

The Siege of Southbridge

A Sedanian's Perspective

Four decades ago, Sedan declared her freedom from the tyranny of the Holy Orenian Empire. Four decades ago, the people of Sedan suffered our defeat at the Battle of Southbridge. A war to free ourselves from the Emperors who cared naught for us, the rights of the nobility, nor the true will of the people that had ended with the righteous people of Sedan being forced to flee their homes as the Orenian Hordes came bearing down upon our beloved Principality. Now, Four decades later, we stood before the same fortress that caused our defeat in our righteous war, now engulfed in flame. With the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, the Kingdom of Haense, the Ferrymen Band, and many more marching side-by-side with us, we returned to exact our vengeance. 

The Siege was glorious; beautiful, even. It brought myself to near tears seeing the trebuchets unleash hellfire upon that cursed castle of Southbridge. In that moment I knew that my Father, Uncle, Cousins, and all those who had suffered at the hands of Oren were now avenged. Stone bashed against the brittle walls of the Castle, the feeble Orenian rock crumbling and causing many Orenians to fall to their demise below. The Order was given, and we charged into the keep with no hesitation in our hearts. Under our glorious Prince Leopold, along with the brilliant minds of the Tripartite Leaders, I knew we would have victory that day. The Sedanians, alongside our Tripartite Allies, fought with a fury not seen since the War with Rozania. We fought the Orenians with fire in our hearts, determination in our minds, and vengeance as our goal. 

It soon became clear that the Orenians could not withstand the might of true steel and battle-hardened men, as many fell before our blades as we came upon them. The Coalition's Trebuchets had battered their fort into nothing but a kill-zone, that we gladly used to our advantage. Corralled in a single hallway, our arrows found their marks in the weak spots of Orenian armor, while others harassed our foe from behind, not allowing them a moment's rest. Not even Twenty saint's minutes into the battle, the sound of fighting died down. The bodies of thousands of Orenian dead littered the ground inside and surrounding the keep.

From there, I knew with a wonderful certainty that the day had been won. We had endured minimal casualties while inflicting severe losses upon our cowardly foe. Upon the conclusion of the battle, nothing could be heard but the warcries of the many nations that had come. "Krusae zwy Kongzem!" "Iron from Ice!" "Narvak oz Urguan!" and of course, "Ave Sedan!"

Let it be known, the People of Sedan shall always have their revenge. Be it days, months, years, or decades, we shall have it.

Ave Sedan

“Ave Sedan” screamed Caius de Ravensburg 

"Race traitors man.." Petyr Bishop mutters from beyond the grave, surrounded by past Sedanian rebels from his family

If Erwin Bishop was not still in a coma...

He still wouldnt respond to this

"vengunce, it ain't a noice logic, bu' be fucked If it ain't valid" Glod Grimgold agrees, as he heeds the speech

“Ave Sedan!” The young ‘Goat Prince of the Future’ would yell, overjoyed by the glorious victory.