The Necromancer Priest of Kal'Tarak

mateolog

WDuTfUBUhW7LACWocLAXyUv-N_98tgxW9M5R4rsDtmFbvyljZ3uSWQ-uACtrZwR7jC_Ex_iPwfjhb24y-F1m0I7qhUt0XP9xGSClDjAN2KfNBJPba8Wb9X7AeRL_cFNAq62ytlPAFrostbeard Tales: The necromancer Priest of Kal’Tarak

5cMOfZmGFaF8FMCYznWLG9b2W4jB_7B0OA7BDqM9HWL8f2VXA5UYRR-mrKtfkVoV-c9T9kah0yfOXzLANFhxCLkJi5N2DnI_jWmLRPITD3FRSguLkTQL93eUnDRl_JRpXJAmqAW-

In Kal'Tarak, then, two beardlings, clan brothers and initiates of the Ar Yemarin Anaros, were studying necromancy in secret. A dark magic which uses enchantments and khorvadic spells to summon and resurrect the dead and to manipulate them to their will. One of the beardlings became seriously ill, died, and his friend begged him to die if he reappeared thirty days later; the dying dwed assured him that he would do so as long as he was allowed to.

The beardling died and the living friend waited for thirty days to pass, praying to Dungrimm for the soul of the deceased at the temple of the Brathmordakin. It was then when he found his friend inside the hall and in front of the statue of Dungrimm, the dead man fulfilled his promise.

The figure of the apparition was pale and decomposed, laying and moaning, his feet and hands tied with glowing chains that came from the mouth of Dungrimm’s statue, and he wore a black suit covered with runes that named his sins. The ghost asked his friend to reach out and he did. The ghost dropped a drop of sweat from his index finger, which at once pierced his flesh and ended up burning on the ground. The friend, still sore from the burn, asked him why he was in such a bad state.

-Oh, poor me; so I will burn eternally in the Nether because of that diabolical art we study. Necromancy kills the soul. I advise you, my dear and only friend, to turn away from that abominable magic and to seek, serving Wyrvun and the Brathmordakin, the atonement of your sins by means of religious life.

-Tell me, my friend, what must I do to save my soul?

The voice of the chained ghost was muted by the booming voice of Dungrimm coming from the statue.

-The only way to save your soul is the Redeemed Order. Of all sinners, those of this path are the least condemned, as through their service to the Brathmordakin and Wyrvun our ally.

The ghost of the dead beardling disappeared with his torments, and the living, following the advice of the horrifying vision he had just had, immediately left the study of necromancy and entered as a novice in a brotherhood of  the Redeemed  Order.

Some time later he continued his duties as an initiate in the Ar Yemarin Anaros and eventually was made a priest. It is not known where and if he died; if he went by popular belief he died in the siege of Kal'Tarak. Some would see this as a story to teach about overcoming the mistakes of the past no matter how awful, some however, prefer the story and prefer to believe that the priest failed to fully atone for his sins and after abandoning the path of Wyrvun and the Brathmordakin his soul was unable to enter Khaz'A'Dentrumm. But just as it is a mystery how many snowflakes are on a mountain peak so too is the ending of this story.

-Written by Inkbeard.

N_iO6R8Jw1dYn7ucEbDWm3NeXnPstHpP84_gHQ7vvT-rsh0axdkIikzk5EZ8juv17XP-C1z03EGFw-Y8S16_F1b-8AX9kWm-6b4Xx7-r5lPvA2J2yEkSCA4NTcDSOiepiau5Mwg8
[!] Artistic rendition of Nubirous the necromancer.

*(art of Jakub Politzer)