AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PONTIFF: DWARVEN AGGRESSION

Lectorate

I couch-surfed with Father Temesch! Now I raise my sword to defend him from the taxman! says tiuthwyn fervently.

"I hope the church shows representation against this unjust taxation!" Otto murmured.

A mounted horse nomad and an 'Aheral hoplite are stopped by the sight of a screaming lector running down the street while on fire, screaming about the end. 

Together, despite their differences, the Hoplite and the Horse Archer together stride forward to add pledge themselves to the army of Lord Brae, a king by his own hand would reward warriors of his cause with a worthy prize, fit for any warrior of Krugmenistan. A farm, and the slaves to tend it 

Scoria shoves gravel armful by armful into the floorboards of his house. "The taxmen are coming. You must hide. Don't fret, you will be safe here. I promise." He sheds a tear as he reassures his beloved gravel that it will be safe before grabbing a piece of Gibsco candied gravel (if it's not Gibs, it's not good) from between the couch and continuing on with his day.

The Under-Lord, Gillriik Ungri, shouts loudly, shaking gravel from the walls of his cave. "WI NUB KNEEL TU DOZE ZTOWTUR DEN UZ!"

“YOU TELL THEM QUENTIN!” Eliza shrieks, shaking a fist in the general direction of Urguan in support of her husband. @Shorsand

"The Empire pledges its swords," said Herod Harrenid, who is in no way qualified to pledge the Empire's swords, "We must be ready to defend Canonism to the death - even if Canonism will be the death of us!"

Javier de Pelear, Canonist ruler of the Barony of Arenisca, grumbles upon hearing the news. "I followed the Irehearts into war against an excommunicated Emperor with no hesitation...but if they attempt to squash mi canonist bretheren, who have done nothing but maintain neutrality, that is a different story entirely." grumbled the Baron, as he prepared to write a letter to the Grand King and Lord of Du Loc respectively.

"GOD BLESS DU LOC", says Jurgen, fully committed to fighting any man (or half-man) to the death who would dare invade GOD's last sacred country.

"put tha irehearts on troial!" Durin hammerforge yells in anger

Bishop Markos San Luciano reads the letter, as a vein in his head nearly pops "These dwarves were fighting for virtue against the evil empire, not just literally a few saints days ago, now they turn their backs on us Faithful Canonists" Bishop Markos then spits on the ground "This must be a lesson that the church must learn: that we cannot trust heathens. For when the moment presents itself, they will betray us, I pray for peace, but thou art shalt prepare for war" 

Winchester, the Goat Farmer, dawned his gambeson, before secondly adorning his chainmail body armor that his father's father's father's father wore during the Great Crusades. Aggressively polishing the rust off of an old family sword, and brung his goats to the city of Du Loc.

"Now this, these are the faithful I can rally for."

Edited by Gambit

Duncan sits down reading the letter before bursting into laughter "WOW MY BOOK REALLY PISSHED DEM OFF SHO MUCH THEY WENT TO ATTACK ANOTHER NATION!".

He would continue laughing thinking about how likely another war is.

Everard sighs upon reading the letter, but gets to work writing letters and arranging meetings.