The Death of Air...Puerokar

Air

It is late in the tundra...

The breeze of the ever prevalent blizzard raging on outside the mali's home.

A window to his personal chamber cracked open just enough to let a nice draft of wind course through the home.

Air himself is placed at his study surrounded by mounds of literature. Piles of books mounted on his desk as well as scattered along the floor. It was late and he was tired, though that wouldn't be too abnormal for this elf in particular. Although, for some reason he felt more tired than normal today, about ready to pass out in his chair. Still, he remained focused on his work, writing away into the book he'd chosen to work on that night.

Eventually the fatigue would start to set in some more, more time passing in between each blink as if the man had traversed in time. His head growing heavier as it began to hang from his head, drooping over his desk. Soon he'd succumb to a brief slumber, the grip on his pen loosening as it fell from his grasp and to his wooden floor. The sound produced being just loud enough to jolt him awake, looking around in a frantic and confused daze until he understood what happened, eyes soon setting on the pen he once held.

"Oh, it was only my pen...heh."

"Maybe its time for me to actually sleep tonight"

The elf mumbled aloud as he stood from his chair, pushing it in and closing his book before sluggishly trudging his way toward his bed.

The walk was short, eventually he'd find himself stationed at the foot of his bed, uneasily staring into it before swiveling his head about the room.

"Air, its fine, you're fine. There is ne one here and you've been drinking that tea Fillia gave you. There is ne reason to relapse in anyway."

"Remember...you aren't alone..."

He'd mutter to himself quickly, seeming to be reassuring himself. For some reason it seemed the man had trouble falling asleep, how strange.

Moments pass as Air stared at his sheets, ranging from seconds to various minutes, though he would not be keeping track. Soon he'd snap out of this state he'd trapped himself in and it was silent.

Dead...silent.

As the elf took one step forward toward his bed he'd find himself utterly petrified

"Air"

Said a voice sounding incredibly familiar, though noticeably off in a sense. Rendering Air unable to identify it.

"What... are you... doing...?"

The voice queried to the petrified Air, as Air stood there mere inches away from his bed. The elf's head craned around the room slowly, an uneasy look set upon his face. To our surprise he'd find no one else in the room, Air's heart rate elevated as he came to knowing this, his uneasy look shifting to one more terrified.

He'd quickly find himself scrambling through his coat for a flask of tea that was prescribed to him by his eldest daughter, finding it completely dry.

'PSSHHH'

The flask would sound out as it came crashing to the floor, glass dispersing around the area in tiny shards.

"Now who's gonna clean that up?"

Asked the voice from before comically, sounding almost amused by the reaction of Air.

Air's breathing heavies, his gaze bouncing around the room some more.

"Leave!"

Air commanded with both hands clasped to the side of his head, covering his ears. Air's eyes dropping toward the floor as he backpedaled into the corner of his sleeping quarters, pressing his back to the wall.

"Where would the fun in that be my llir?"

"Ne matter how hard you may try, you can't get rid of me, same as how you cannot simply be rid of the past."

"You know what you've done. Do you honestly think you deserve... to be left alone?"

"Think of those you killed you monster, better yet, the lives you ruined without killing."

"Scarl-"

"SHUT UP!"

"Fillianore, Ulfrennallar, even Vunlea."

"SHUT UP!"

Air hollered again, not being able to pinpoint where the voice was from, though his voice breaking with each shout.

"You... were the reason the Puerokars were slaughtered and banished from Elvenesse."

"You... ruined your eldest daughters dream of running her late haelun's seed. You even damn near prevented the birth of your grandchild by nearly deciding to off her husband. Hell, I'm even surprised she forgave you."

At this point Air would be slowly sliding to the floor and slumping into the corner, keeping a tight hold over his ears as water began to well up in his vision.

"You... were most definitely the reason Ulfrennallar is gone, after the damned torment you put that boy through. Must I name that entire list?"

The voice cackled amusedly, sounding as if it took pleasure in tormenting Air.

Air on the other hand would have his gaze locked to the floor, tears quietly streaming down his face as he could no longer find the strength to respond to the voice.

"YOU...! Are the reason VUNLEA was not able to have a normal childhood!"

"You drove her once loving haelun into insanity! The woman hardly even wants to speak with Vunlea anymore because of your own stupidity!"

"You hardly even spent time with Vunlea after a certain age, you're a horrid father."

"And YOU have the audacity to stay in her life? To claim to be her father?"

"Please... just... go away... I-I know this already..."

Air sobbed out in response from his position in the corner

"You... are hated... Air... and rightfully so. There are ne redeeming traits about you, you worthless filth."

"I'm positive your 'closest llir' holds some form of hate for you, most likely just using you until you proved useless. Remember what Arevthor told you about Valindra?"

"STOP!"

Air responded through his tears defensively, voice breaking.

"Face it Air... you... are... worthless..."

The voice scoffed disgustedly toward Air.

"Die already"

With that, Air shakily looks up from the floor, setting his gaze onto his right hand. The voice seemed to have left him be, though he wouldn't hear any footsteps retreating from the room.

Air slowly rears his wrist back until a blade extends from beneath his forearm, his arm would shake violently as he stared at his own reflection in the blade.

"Do it"                                                                                                                  

"Do IT"

"DO IT"

"Hurry up and do it already"

Tears flooded and obscured Air's vision as he stared to the blade, various voices from all around speaking at once. Some sounding familiar and others not, all of which steadily growing in volume as Air struggled to hear his own thoughts.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR... AIR PUEROKAR?"

The voice boomed in a commanding tone, followed by snickers and other unsavory insults alike.

Air's right hand shakes as he slowly turned it toward himself, his blade scraping across his chest until stopping over the area where his heart was located.

"I'M NOT THAT MAN ANYMORE"

"THAT IS NO LONGER MY NAME!"

"SHUT UP!"

Air shouted in response as he pulled his arm away, thus bringing the blade away from his chest and then thrusting it into his left bicep.

Air cries out into pain as the blade enters his arm, he slumps back into his corner with a face full of tears and blood leaking from his left arm now, paired with a new wound for him to tend to. Leaving his floor with drops of blood, tears, and shattered glass. Though, for some reason... it'd be quiet once more, the voices silencing and his room ever chilly. No footsteps were heard leaving the room, then again, there weren't any heard entering either...

OOC:

Spoiler

I enjoyed writing that, I find it much more fun than rping alone.

Really I just wanted some ez rep.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my schizo here.

And no, this is not a PK post, you've been baited.

image.jpeg.011724c888fd900ae01c082c0ba522fd.jpeg

Edited by Air

In the heart of Elysium, Timothy Newton sits at his desk. Steaming Oracle Wood Tea sits beside the book he is currently pouring over, in a World's Best Dad mug.  Oracle Wood can also be found in the bowl of the pipe that rests in his mouth — one would think he is addicted. As Timothy let's a puff of smoke circle to the ceiling, he remains blissfully unaware of his father-in-law's deteriorating mental state.

Spoiler

Good schizopost, 11/10

“Bosh, Air’s no longer? ‘ow am I s’possed t’ breathe now?” The elf frowned

((We've been tricked. We've been backstabbed. And quite possibly, bamboozled.))

Spoiler

Lmao, lovely post. Had me scared for a second you were pk'ing. Have a great day, nice writing!

Mèlawen closed her eyes for a very long moment her sun-kissed skin basking under the sun as the 'ame stood atop of a very large statue she'd once enjoyed the pleasure of leaping from and falling to the ocean bellow "Clematis.. it's diferent now." She patted the top of the frogs head a thin smile forming on her lips as she stood unaware of the state her old friends and family remained in.

An Elf long forgotten and buried in the hearts of many looks down from the seven skies upon his Llir, hoping that he can find forgiveness.

Rosalind Ferinn-Vildr wonders when Air is gonna finally die