[✓] [Alchemy]Adunic Alchemy

Damnit_Delmar

Adunic Alchemy

25 DnD Herbalist Botanist Florist Herbalism ideas | fantasy characters,  character portraits, rpg character

An adunian bowie alchemist, currently sorting and preparing the herbs to make into medicine or symbols. 

Lore

Spoiler

After being cultivated and formed by the wandering Adunic bowie, many of the travelers decided it made sense to not only embrace their deep ties with nature, but also to utilize these ties to their advantage. As such Adunic Alchemy was formed, utilizing nature's glorious bounties.

Reagents 

Deer Heart

Spoiler

Signs

Earth/Water

Symbols

Life x2

Endurance x2

Swiftness x2

Appearance

A heart but its a deer heart

Harvesting

To harvest it, one must carve it out of the corpse of a dead deer

Raw Effects

Its a deer heart that can be used to make tasty food if you truly wish

Redlines

-All Reagents must be gathered via roleplay

-It is just a heart, so how many of them you want, you need to kill that many deer. 

Potions 

Stags Stamina

Spoiler

Base: Aqua Vitae

Growth x3

Vigor x3

Deer Heart x1

Kings Ivy x2 

Effects 

Upon consumption of this drink, the user would find themselves beginning to feel energized and refreshed, as though their body and self was pumped full of Stamina. In actuality the user is filed with false stamina 

Upon drinking a drought of it, the user would find themselves beginning to gain more energy and less fatigued, becoming energetic. For the next Narrative hour, they would be pumped full of false stamina, their supply seemingly filled. For healthier individuals, this is great, however for the more fragile and magically attuned, the effects of this potion would be lessened by half, due to not only the individuals capacity being smaller, but their muscles being more susceptible to tiring out. In terms of combat, it will take 2 emotes to set in [1 for consumption, and 1 for the effects to settle in]. While the effects will last for a total of 10 emotes. 

The Use of this potion is most common for long traveling, as it allowed the adunian people to traverse long distances. In fact, it was extremely common to give their horses this supplement, as it allowed them to travel vast distances. That said after the effects wore off, they would find themselves drained and lethargic for several hours afterwards. Requiring a normal healthy individual 30 narrative minutes to recover, and a magically weakened one 40 minutes. 

Creation Method

1. The first thing the user must do is ground the king's ivy into a paste, and cover the deer's heart, allowing the natural stimulating effects of the plant to marinate into the heart. After one narrative day of letting it marinate in this, the heart will be primed and you will be ready to properly create the potion. 

2. Upon the heart being ready to be used in the potion, the crafter must begin to carve the hardened crust off of the heart. When they have completely done that, they may then chop and grind the deer heart crust into a paste.

3. Afterwards the user must mix the Vigor x3 into it, then they must do the Growth x3. Afterwards they can finally mix the powdered mixture with the aqua vitae, shaking it briefly and allowing the dark brown and red mixture to fully sit. 

Redlines

-T3 Potion 

-Requires an St Signature

-This potion is counted as “Rare”, meaning you must learn from someone or find the proper recipes in order to learn

-Magic Users that lose muscle mass, and tire faster from physically fighting, will only be able to last for half as long. 

-If the user had used it during a fight, they will afterwards find themselves completely drained of Stamina for the next 6 emotes, as their body is recovering from overproducing

-This in no way boosts one’s strength or physical speed, neither does it increase actual agility or reaction speed. This merely boosts a person's Stamina, making them less tired and able to fight or travel longer. 

-One cannot constantly drink this brew to fill up on Stamina, healthy and physically adept individuals would be able to partake in three of these brews every ooc day, while a magically weakened and degraded individual would only be able to partake in two of the brew per ooc day. Drinking more then the alloted amount, will provide no beneficial or detrimental effects. 

Bowie Camouflage 

Spoiler

Base: Lard 

Air Silence x4

Mundane Connection x2

Mundane Peace x2

Mundane Balance x2

Effects

This oil was made under the idea that visual camouflage was a need for the adunic rangers. With wanting to save precious time and resources, they came up with this innovative and smart camouflage to not only track their prey. But also hide from the hunters that so desperately wanted to hunt them out. The oil can be applied on any light armor and clothing, adapting the fabrics to the color of the environment to hide from individuals. 

Redlines

-Cannot be placed on metal weapons to make them invisible

-Cannot be placed on Metal Armor

-T2 to learn and use

-This potion is counted as “Rare”, meaning you must learn from someone or find the proper recipes in order to learn

-Does not require ST Signature

-Requires you to stay still in order for the camouflage to properly work 

-Bowie Camouflage only changes to the color (Not texture) of of the surrounding area, meaning that one under the effects of this potion is still  somewhat distinguishable from their environment past a glance.

Purpose

Spoiler

With a lot of old adunian culture involving bowie and hunter aesthetics, I wanted to bring about a chance to give back some of that culture in this piece. With for example, having a background in traveling I added the Stag's Stamina. In terms of quick food, I thought the Seared Salts would be a nice addition to add some more flavor to rping out making rations on the fly. Lastly with the Bowie Camouflage, it gives those who enjoy hunting or have characters that hunt frequently some cool new gear. All and all, I wanted to contribute a small amount to those that enjoy the more gritty travel and ranger rp. 

OOC Comments and Shoutouts:

First I want to make it clear, this is my first time submitting lore or alchemical lore for that matter. So apologies if it seems a bit weird formatting wise. Secondly, I want to give a huge shoutout to those that reviewed the piece and gave some advice, that being Nooblius and TheBlackBobRoss. Along with, those that just peer reviewed it with me, such as DrHope and Jameson, this is was a lot of fun to make and work on. Regardless of all of that, I hope to write some more lore in the future. If you have any criticisms or comments, by all means comment on the post or just dm me. 

Certainly offers a nice niche to Alchemy, as does most Further Alchemy pieces. +1

The John stamp of approval

+1 With the Bowie lifestyle adopted by a lot of adunians, even during this weird transitional phase we’ve adopted, I love this. It showcases very well the practicality of the race and culture while also providing a small well adaptable addition. 

I feel like there are already potions for a bunch of this stuff.

36 minutes ago, Sri said:

I feel like there are already potions for a bunch of this stuff.

Honestly I searched through the alchemy list, trying to find potions that did a lot of this stuff, and it was surprising that there was not really anything that did what these potions do. Hence why I thought I would try my hand at writing the lore up. 

I concur with SriFoo, Stag's Stamina's effects are already present in Kings Ivy, while Seared Salts are just the effects of Cryptid Mushroom. Mundane botany herbs that don't need alchemy and won't be gatekept.

Adunian camo is kind of cool tho ngl

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.