Dear Diary - Entry #1: Cold and Lonely

erictafoya

Spoiler

Some hilariously relevant music to go along with the post lmao

HR6zzfW1z88CWUKVvdCX2dcNXsKJvZ9BKs4d173w0sbaZ9-pLcpL_Nq2_HLf0BLbblOS53s0QxxrBYSATEEptXVPRkMtd_LynDgjRq21wha9lHSmmeqh6BB7cRuhkLomL0jprIU4
[!] A rudimentary painting of Prince Andrik in tears. It can be inferred that the light that shines upon him is GOD looking over the faithful, and the dark bedroom that he sits in is his everlasting loneliness and suffering.

Spoiler

[OOC] THIS DIARY IS NOT MEANT TO BE IRP PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. This is just a log of events in my persona’s life and to expose interesting Rp to others. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PARTIES INVOLVED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE RP. Please don’t metagame :)

18th of Tov & Yermey, 408 ES | 18th of Sun’s Smile, 1855 FA

Dear Diary…

“It’s been cold and lonely in the Prikaz… Colder and lonelier than it ever has. The past few years have been nothing but unpleasant, to say the least. It first started with a tournament. Lady Vasileia Basrid accompanied her uncle, Matyas Basrid. Funny… the event itself was not even official, just an impromptu event meant to lift the morale of our brave fighting soldiers. I was up first, against ‘Danger’ Dougal, and I was the first to get knocked out of the tournament. It’s not like I expected to win anyways. I was just there to have fun, as we all were…

As the tournament and time, itself went on, I made my way to Lady Vasileia and made my usual diplomatic remarks. I will admit that I do hold a considerable amount of respect and admiration for the Lady-Regent of Savoy, but to go as far as to question my honor because I invited her to the Royal Booths, a right that is entirely my own, is simply outrageous. The mere notion of me cheating on my beautiful wife with a Savoyard is simply preposterous…

My beautiful wife… It’s funny I still call her that. Nikoleta stopped by today in my slumber. Whilst I tossed and turned in my our bed, she collected her belongings as well as our beautiful daughter, Cazimiera. I’d not been close to my children, nor have I been a very good father. Perhaps that is why Nikoleta left me… and perhaps that is why she sent a letter requesting a divorce to the Pontiff…

[!] Between the spaces of the paragraphs, dried tears would be found staining the parchment. It can be inferred that the heartbroken Prince was crying whilst writing this particular part of the entry.

Dearest Diary, never in my life had I felt such pain… I’d never felt so lost in my entire existence. Why? Why was this happening? Whatever happened to second chances or trying to move on? Why did it come to this? These are all questions I asked myself while it happened. It all happened so fast… I was begging for her to try and stay… but her answer stayed firm… Funny… Nikoleta was always one to stay true to her own beliefs, and so she did. 

Our conclusion was short, but my feelings showed true. Every single part of it. I affirmed my love for her and bid my farewell and she bid hers… My eyes had been drowned in too many tears to even notice her leaving. As she left the Palace, I started to cry out in pain. My throat felt as if it were clogged up with the blubber of whales, and my heart sank into my stomach. I felt sick, and I nearly threw up. Questions started to race through my mind - What if?

What if I never went to that tournament? What if I never invited Lady Vasileia to the Royal Booth? What if I’d never taken up the mantle of being Ambassador? What if I never became a diplomat at all? All I can do now is wonder and hope that the Pontiff does not grant this wish of hers. I know, it’s selfish, but I still cling on to hope that I can fix this. I gave her my word that I would respect her wishes either way, but how can I? I love her. I want her by my side once more. I want to see her smile, sense her warmth, feel her embrace… I want to turn back the times and tell my younger self to enjoy the smaller things in life. I want to raise my children with her, not alone. I just want her back…

But it’s too late for that now. I’ve lost her, and now I’m alone. I feel lost. I have no more friends, and my family despises me. I wonder… is Godan punishing me for my sins? Was it because of the Bishop girl, whose name I’ve already forgotten? Could it be that drunken kiss that had no love behind it but just blind passion? Was that it? Or was it deeper than that… Perhaps it was my negligence as a husband… as a father. Perhaps Godan was not punishing me, but rather I’d punished myself…

I don’t know… All I know is that I’m alone once more. I wish I could take everything back. I’d sell my job, my titles, my soul if I need to… If I had just a day to experience true happiness again, I’d sell it all… What’s a Prinzen without his Prinzenas? What’s a father without all his children? What’s the point in continuing if I am lost at every corner? I beg and pray that Godan wakes me up from my eternal nightmare. Please… I just want to wake up. It’s cold and lonely in here”

-Andrik

Erwin Bishop is almost moved to tears as something within him tries to let him know that some random prince was sad about something. "Ich hope he regains his vigor.... Gott have mercy." said the man, penning a letter and sending it away with his son to deliver to a certain barbanov.