AN OPEN LETTER TO IVARUS 'THE BASTARD'

Javert

Spoiler

AN OPEN LETTER TO IVARUS 'THE BASTARD'

To my former Kin, Ivarus 'The Bastard', 

You confuse me, Ivarus. Many years ago during the Sedan Rebellion, when both our Fathers lived, you decried the Empire as a tyrannical secular nation with no respect for the Church, thus your reasoning for joining the rest of our family in the Sedan Rebellion. You were already an adult at that time, no? Had you not supported the Anti-Imperial cause, you had the capability of choosing not to join it yourself. However, you made the conscious choice to do so anyway. It now seems strange after several decades following the Rebellion, now that your beloved Father rests in the Seven Skies, that you would now turn coat and support the Anathema Emperor. Were you perhaps too afraid to express your true feelings while your Father, may his soul rest, still lived; knowing it would break the man's heart? Perhaps you were bribed by the Orenian treasuries, or gave into Imperial propaganda, I know naught your motivation. Even so, there is one thing I make very clear. You do not have the backing of the Audrickian Line. You do not have the backing of the Devanite Line, the rightful patriarchs of the House of Bishop. I know naught what your Josephite Kin have to say about your treacherous actions, but should they have any sense, they too would see your act of supporting the Anathema Emperor as an affront to all the Bishop family has fought for the past sixty years.

Moving on, I do not believe your motivation to be that of pure faith, yet one of greed and ambition. It is well-known that you cared little for your own flock when you were Archbishop. And, shall I tell of another family secret that you prefer to keep under wraps, dear cousin? When you were beginning your clerical career, you attempted to drown my Uncle, Audrick II, for his sins. You called it purification, I call it attempted murder. Uncle Audrick was a sinful man, such cannot be denied in any regard. He denied the church, and disrespected the clergy. However, one would expect a man of the cloth to have patience with such men, no? Attempt to redeem them with words and kindness first, rather than immediately try to take their life in such a cruel and inhumane way. Let it be known of your crimes, Cousin. Not only did you attempt to drown a man, you attempted to drown your own kin. And the line of Audrick does not forget such a crime.

I will not dwell on your acts as a man of the clergy, I merely wish to prove a point. You are not fit to replace His Holiness, Everard VI. I will not spend time speaking of scriptures, philosophy and such, as it is not something I am well versed in. However, I will once again reaffirm that on behalf of the Line of Audrick Bishop, we do not support you in any capacity. We denounce you, and proclaim that you have no association with us. I encourage our Kin, the Devanite Line, to proclaim the same in light of your treachery.

Ludwig von Audrick, Son of Jakob Bishop

"Who is this guy again? Ah.. the pretender line or what?" Ivarus merely asked to no one in particular knowing of much of a psycho he is.

Vladislaus shakes his head, disapproving of his Uncle Ivarus's missive, strangely being on the Devanites side on this "May GOD save his soul" He remarked!