[Completed]DISCUSSION: THANHIUM'S STRENGTH !

ronin_champloo

I kind of wish that the other materials were buffed and thanhium remained the same. It's important that there is a progression, but at this point Thanhium is quite clearly on the top, the problem is, a lot of the metals need to be close to equal to steel, I think this is the wrong mindset. Azhl is dogshit, Lunarite is just steel but cooler, Frost salts are dogshit, I think all of these materials should be more powerful then a standard steel blade / armor when refined into a weapon or armor.

I would love to see Azhl durability buffed and an in combat effect of fatigue.

Star-steel now harms undead and magical creatures when glowing under natural light

Frost salts now slow movement or hinder actions of enemies when applied to arrows / other projectiles.

There's also no node materials for bows, bowstrings or anything archer / ranger related, there's also not really any good node materials for armor, and most of the materials are quite clearly made with swords / blades in mind, where is the hammer love? it's with carbarum, but carb is so rare, the ST don't even want to hand it out, what's the point of having it then? nerf it so it can be put back into the economy.

So, yes, I think Thanhium is good where it's at (albiet, it needs to much harder to come by), but none of the other nodes, SAVE for boom, which could still use a buff are in a good place.

I personally would agree with changing properties such as the frostbite. I personally have never used, or fought it, but from what I hear and from what this details it's just not fun in crp.

Another Idea, which probably won't be taken well, is it being stronger than steel. Azhl is a different case, where it's weaker in exchange for it's properties. Why can't thanhium be the same?
I feel like the only purpose of it should be anti-magic, not also instant frostbite that just screws someone over in 1 slight cut. At that rate, what's the point of even enjoying combat if it's just "Haha! You can't use your arm because you couldn't hit me first and I have a super op material!"

ST will have a discussion as to what to do further with Material Nodes in soon time, we'll make sure to bring up different pieces and parts to discuss what we deem might be best. Afterward we'll move to a drafting phase where we get opinions of the wider playerbase. Make sure you're in the story discord ( https://discord.gg/n5yhmKgP4t ) to be a part of this when it goes down. 

6 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

ST will have a discussion as to what to do further with Material Nodes in soon time, we'll make sure to bring up different pieces and parts to discuss what we deem might be best. Afterward we'll move to a drafting phase where we get opinions of the wider playerbase. Make sure you're in the story discord ( https://discord.gg/n5yhmKgP4t ) to be a part of this when it goes down.

i love u ...

My own opinion Most of you talk about nerfing it, just buff others. Or re-introduce some more various metals so that way thanhium isnt so hunted down by Node campers :P Almaris is a large place, the fact that there are ''coincidently'' only 1-2 nodes of each time that appears, and fades is wacky.

Only reason I say Buff instead of nerfing, is due to the pure fact most metals aside from a handful are just retextured versions of common steel, save for a handful. (lunarite, whilst Lore based, is still just a silver textured steel that dimly glows. IDK about you but whilst its "Exotic" I feel like it should do more than just be essentially a glorified dim torch. Azhl is one of two poisons of lotc that have something dire. (Other being thanhium poisoning.) And I feel its durability makes it worthwhile. But most injuries are either one, optional, or two people meta the new Alabaster cure for it. Boomsteel seems balanced enough, heavy sword that spits fire or makes your own bomb, enough said on that. Thanhium, whilst powerful in many abilities, and plays out in other lores. (I e Golemancy, a bit of Alchemy ect ect.) It's one of the most- if not the most powerful material aside from bluesteel/carbarum (Which are only given out via EVENTS). But Thanhiums one of the few metals that goes more than just "Oh hey its funny haha metal" maybe the rarity can be increased, but if it's going to get nerfed to the ground to the point even aurum might be better, that takes some consideration.

You also got to consider there are only a handful of thanhium smiths or forges for that matter. But ey, shiny blue crystals are always going to get themselves camped by groups since people want the frost stuff. The most I can say is increase PC on nodes for that particular metal so it can't just get camped to destruction by 1-3 Groups every month.

Thanks for the tedtalk