The denouncement of an Alstion and a Novellen

Joseph d'Azor looked through the various libraries and archives in the Imperial quarters coming across a book "AH! Look at this Goran!" The Duke of Azor motioned a reformed dwed prisoner over. @Esterlen "It seems His Imperial Majesty is the senior line of Alstion anyhow...isnt that funny!" 

Joseph Clement de Sarkozy coughed as he read the missive. - Ordering a lot of Carrion Black and wine to be sent to Charlotte Augusta, as he penned a letter as kin and with friendly concern for his far relative; the box arrived with a card attached to it saying "You are going to need it.. auntie Charlie."  With that being done the young Sarkozic began to party all night long as he did before sending off the box full of Carrion Black. Though the poor 18 year old boy partied with concern for his longtime distant family and friend since he was 10.

@MunaZaldrizoti

Then a lad who had recently arrived 'pon the soil of the Empire seemed utterly confused. This lad went by the name of Aurelius, as he travelled alongside his brother Tiberius.  "Well.. good brother of mine - It seems that we have returned home - Only.. the circumstances are f-cked."

@MCVDK

A Herald of the Barrow-Downs came to glimpse such errant words - and the cold breath of the grave left pale lips, rolling as ethereal smog in the unhallowed grounds. 

"How wonderful... Perhaps this pawn might yet be made useful, if he were to loose that venomous tongue..."

27 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

Joseph d'Azor looked through the various libraries and archives in the Imperial quarters coming across a book "AH! Look at this Goran!" The Duke of Azor motioned a reformed dwed prisoner over. @Esterlen "It seems His Imperial Majesty is the senior line of Alstion anyhow...isnt that funny!" 

Emperor Charles Edward, were he in the mood to abandon his Elysian paradise in the Seven Skies to manifest upon Terra like his saintly comrades, would certainly make it clear to the diligent scholars of the Beyond-Book of Family Echoes that he and his twin brother had been brought upon the world in the same hour, and that his "senior" claim was a mere matter of agreement. His twin brother did inherit that claim when Charles made no effort to sire any legitimate male heirs, anyway.

Charles still loved his distant, matrilineal descendant Philip III, almost as much as his true heir, Leopold. From the Skies he offered Philip and his fans an encouraging thumbs-up. Losing half his crownlands and his one-day schism was no reason to give up! Lifting the double excommunication to avoid an eternity in the Void certainly wasn't worth joining him in Heaven above! Good work so far, Philip, said the spectral Emperor, (for)ever encouraging.

Grand King Ulfric chuckled. “O’I’ve nae even seen teh lass in sometoime, but everybody needs ah hobby o’I ‘spose.” He’d then stand, pouring himself a drink. “Wondeh ‘ow she’s doing’ anyways…”

"It is a most strange thing, for every missive that preaches against the High Pontiff, against the Church, and in support of the excommunicated former Emperor and Empress, they all seem to misunderstand what's actually happened..."

friar viktor looks about his Nu Loc tent with suspicion, ensuring his Holy Bamboo Stick was nearby to bonk any intruders who might be reading over his shoulder, as he continues scribbling in his diary

"The Church tries to stand with its Canonist flock, but the flock of Oren and Savoy failed to stand with it. Not long after the former Emperor and Empress were crowned, and whilst trying to crown the Prince of Savoy, the Michaelite schism was attempted, the High Pontiff's life was threatened. The flocks of Oren and Savoy rejoiced, for some reason they did not know, merely following along as their leaders commanded. The former Monarchs of Oren, and the Prince of Savoy were excommunicated, and when the schism failed, when the former Emperor and Empress and the Prince of Savoy fulfilled their penance and bent the knee, they were let back into the Church. The flocks of Oren and Savoy once again followed blindly, rebuking this evil false Pontiff Michael, praising High Pontiff Everard VI, their opinions quickly shifting at the drop of a crozier."

"The notion that the recent conflict between the Urguani and the Orenians is anything about defeating Canonism is drivel. The Dwarves, for one, count among their vassals both the Canonist groups of Sedan and Blackvale. Second, the Abbey at the crossroads has not been harmed, nor, to my knowledge, any clergy. Rather, they were most accommodating, allowing us to tend to the spiritual needs of prisoners of war. When they burned the tower in Providence, I heard that the crosses that adorned it were removed to prevent them being damaged. To argue that the Dwarves declared war to wipe out Canonists is ridiculous. To be frank, throughout this war I suspect some clergy felt safer on the Urguani roads than they might have in Providence, based on my own and other clergy's experiences."

"They should know better than to think the High Pontiff wishes to end the Empire. Merely, as per Canon Law, that which Canonist folk should know, and obey, remove the excommunicated former Emperor and Empress from the throne. Such was their penance, for them to pursue willingly, however now the years have gone by and it is now the duty of all Canonists to remove them from authority. And yet Orenian folk do the opposite, and whilst still claiming loyalty to the Church they decry the High Pontiff as a plotter when he moves to place other Canonist claimants on the throne rather than the excommunicants who those who claim to be good Canonists follow. Even the Vuillers abandon the Church for secular loyalties."

"This letter claims to want the restoration of the church back to greatness, to defeat those attempting to divide its followers? Restoring the church back to some lapdog to serve the whims of secular lords who would divide its followers by attempting to schism to chop and change a High Pontiff who doesn't grovel enough is a sad and sorry desire. Reminds me of the butchering of clergy and Holy Sirs by Haeseni and Orenian alike when they saw fit to remove High Pontiff Owyn III from power. You find more and more that faith amongst both Orenian, Haeseni and Savoyard alike is severely lacking, whether they deem the High Pontiff sufficiently docile or not..."

friar viktor concludes his passages in his diary, laying down his quill as he leans back in his chair, sighing with an air of discontent and exasperation. Perhaps it was always like this... probably. Would it always be like this? friar viktor hopes not, and proceeds to pray to the farfolk exalted owyn that those wielding teleportation and telepathy don't enter his tent or his mind

21 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

Emperor Charles Edward, were he in the mood to abandon his Elysian paradise in the Seven Skies to manifest upon Terra like his saintly comrades, would certainly make it clear to the diligent scholars of the Beyond-Book of Family Echoes that he and his twin brother had been brought upon the world in the same hour, and that his "senior" claim was a mere matter of agreement. His twin brother did inherit that claim when Charles made no effort to sire any legitimate male heirs, anyway.

Charles still loved his distant, matrilineal descendant Philip III, almost as much as his true heir, Leopold. From the Skies he offered Philip and his fans an encouraging thumbs-up. Losing half his crownlands and his one-day schism was no reason to give up! Lifting the double excommunication to avoid an eternity in the Void certainly wasn't worth joining him in Heaven above! Good work so far, Philip, said the spectral Emperor, (for)ever encouraging.

Philip III feels empowered by his Alstion blood, having completed the family dream of pressing a successful claim to the Empire. Charles Edward could now truly rest in peace. 

Philip gains +2 stewardry. 

Presbyter Ileana smiled as she put pen to paper.

It is so good to see people so young care about their fellow Canonists and the Church. It is always my pleasure to receive such correspondence, and I wish to encourage you to continue your learning and your writing. One particular passage stood out for me, and I wish to repeat it here: "It is inherent in our nature to make mistakes, to be misguided, everyone makes mistakes daily. Mistakes are forgivable and mistakes are natural, but we need to have the ability to learn from those mistakes to improve."

You are absolutely correct. In fact, this is a key tenet to our faith. We, Descendants all, are sinners in the eyes of GOD. Not one of us is perfect. We all, to use your words, make mistakes. It is in the nature of GOD to forgive our mistakes when we seek His forgiveness and after we atone for those mistakes through penance.

In this case, Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Novellen made a very big mistake. They worked together with evil people to have their father murdered. I know you must hope, as I do, that they decide to ask GOD for forgiveness for this mistake and atone for it. In this case, the High Pontiff said that they could make up for it by giving up their throne and stepping down. I pray each day that they choose to exercise their "ability to learn from those mistakes," as you so rightly said.

Mistakes ARE forgivable, as you have remembered. We have a just and fair GOD who forgives those who rightfully show they wish forgiveness. I pray each day that the Novellens remember that too.

"The heir to Othaman, you say?" She queried to her daughter, Josephine, as she aided the Pretender-Empress with sorting through the various missives and letters crossing her desk, "The blood of Mary Carrington, you mean to say," She'd correct her then, that final statement carrying more meaning than she relayed openly. "A child, made to speak on behalf of those who have sworn off GOD in favor of, as the Presbyter said, temporal power. I will pray for him, and for those other children that will likely be made to author such letters. Especially when he must contend with the taint of murder upon his lineage atop everything else."

To the imperial, it seemed murder had become a minor blemish upon a person's character in her stepson's empire. It would not be in hers.

5 hours ago, LithiumSedai said:

Adeline of Alstion watches the continuation of the Alstion name, in yet another succession feud with an excommunicated emperor, whilst lounging within the Seven skies alongside Charles Edward!

Melia Linoronnon the other hand, scratches her head in confusion as she adjusts her hold on her painter's equipment. "There are too many titles and names, I really should have thought twice before joining a human court. I hope that whoever wins has the best fashion sense." 

22 minutes ago, Ivoreyy said:

Amadea wishes she could give her mum a kiss on the cheek! 

alas, she was dead. She settled with giving her dad one instead. The two shared many traits, you see - they were both awful, absent and frivolous people.

it must have been their genetics that made them so.

The Princess Amelia sensed her mother, whilst contemplating her own lineage.

Wonder if mother and fat grandpa George are rolling in their graves.” Noted the Sarkozy descendant before sending a letter of pride and thanks to the young Othaman heir in place of her brother- the true Emperor.

12 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

The merchant, Goran Goldhand, knew precious little of human succession laws. However, he did know that he would get his revenge on the Duke of Azor for killing his trusted solicitor, Carapolla, and taking him captive. Fat fingers gripped around the wrought iron bars until his knuckles went white - from within the cage, the dwarf screeched at Azor, cursing him in the name of the Fidei Defensor.

Edited by Esterlen

1 hour ago, libbybelle said:

The Princess Amelia sensed her mother, whilst contemplating her own lineage.

Wonder if mother and fat grandpa George are rolling in their graves.” Noted the Sarkozy descendant before sending a letter of pride and thanks to the young Othaman heir in place of her brother- the true Emperor.

The young heir to Pompourelia known as Joseph Clement de Sarkozy nodded. "If good old fat Georgie rolls in his grave I am certain that we'll feel the ground shake.. Perhaps a few buildings collapsing here and there." With that the young Sarkozic began building supportive fortifications within his home to prevent the manor from collapsing, just in case!!