My Apology, and the Importance of Roleplay

Geckoo

I have known Gecko for about 3-4 years, and did not like him at all in the beginning. We fought often and did not get along. Over the years, the more we've both grown, it is clear to me now that he is far more mature then he was all those years ago and that is proven by this post itself. The way he has explored and created multiple communities shows that he is a capable player on the server and deserves the unban. 

r

I was not expecting this when I logged on the forums. 

Good post gecko, well thought out and well written. o7

Definitely wasn't expecting this, but hats off to you Gecko.

I've known Gecko for a good amount of time now, and I can speak directly to the fact that he was probably one of the worst trolls I've met (I myself was at the root end of it). Despite being someone that has had strife with him in the past, I'll come here and say that I can vouch that he's grown from his former ways, and has tremendously improved his character. When it comes to making decisions of morality, he's become more self-aware, not only for himself, but the people around him. I've heard several times where he's prevented and stopped other people from doing trolly behavior or generally rude things, which shows how much he's become.

In comparison from now to many many months ago, I can definitely notice that Gecko no longer acts on mere impulsive and bad decisions, but prioritizes many other factors at hand. Should he come back to the server, he has told me of a plethora of great ideas he has for creating and starting good and niche human RP on LotC, and has expressed wishes to cultivate good experiences for those around him. His most previous infraction (and ban) was resulted due to his participation and miscommunication in PvP, although both sides have agreed it wasn't in bad faith. The fact you've written this much and put time into recognizing your failure speaks volumes.

Coming from someone who's beefed with him in the past, I'd give him a shot.

It takes guts to legitimately apologize for things you've done incorrectly in the past, especially in a way that is as thorough and well thought out as this. Cheers Gecko, here's to the future.

I have known Gecko for almost 2 years now and I can honestly say that I did not like him at all when I first met him. He came off as childish, rude and unaware of how his actions affected others.

Though as I began to spend more time with him and get to know him and how his brain actually works, I saw more to him than just someone who 'trolls'. Gecko has grown immensely over this last year and has finally matured into a man. The name 'Gecko' is blatantly a persona that he puts on and doesn't define him one bit, and that is the sole reason I do not refer to him as Gecko, rather his actual name (won't do that here for the sake of doxxing lol). Deep down Gecko is someone who has a lot of care for his friends and the community as a whole. He loves building communities and bringing people together and whenever he has a new idea for a settlement/vassal he'll take great care into researching and will sit in a VC talking about it for hours as he is so passionate about said topic to a point where it can sometimes get annoying! He has been there for me countless times when I perhaps did not have a shoulder to turn to and would sit in VC with me for hours as we worked through the problem. He has a very mature way of thinking when you actually sit down and have a conversation with him. I am forever grateful for him and proud to call him one of my closest friends on this little mineman block game.

He has made a lot of mistakes, as a lot of people can account for, but with a stable community and the proper people to be around, I truly believe he can outgrow this way that people view him. I am a firm believer in that Gecko deserves another chance on the server. 

Listen, self reflection is the first step of showing maturity. Gecko knows he had done his wrongs. I think it is only right for Gecko to be allowed another chance on the server. As well, being able to apologize takes guts and is extremely brave, because in the end they know that not everyone will forgive him and will experience exclusion from others. It never hurts to give someone another chance, because we as people are always growing and messing up.