Into The Wildlife

Mewliet

mewliet_200822459.png

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

“What is your totem?”   Nivndil asked the freshly attuned mali.

“The Marten Druid…”  She stated so proudly once she rose from the pools.

This was the totem the Aspects deemed fitting for her when she rose from the waters of attunement. The Marten druid would announce her totem so proudly to those around her as the unfamiliar and overwhelming songs of nature began to flood her mind. Something she quickly grew fond of.

“Sister Marten!”

Her name had been declared countless times by her fellow brothers and sisters of the Order. The name that she carried for centuries and had been etched and carved into books and signs, even recorded throughout history, she was sure. Though as time went on, the name no longer felt… right. It lost whatever meaning it held to her and felt as if she were being called someone else’s name entirely. The more she felt out of place, the more she meditated and sought for answers.

“Who am I?”

The druidess murmured aloud as she stepped into the naturally growing circle of mushrooms and took a seat in the middle of them. The songs of nature grew louder, and her connection grew stronger, which she had hoped would help her discover the answer to her question. 

Memories began to cross her mind of her dedicancy with the man she learned to love as a father figure. The tasks she completed, the lessons learned. What did they mean to her? How did they represent her as a druid? She thought long and hard on this, even looking to the songs of nature for answers. The small druid swore she heard them speak clear as day to her. Or perhaps it was the lack of sleep. She asked again… Who am I?

“Free… Chaotic… Serene…”

The voices whispered sweetly, though none of them seemed to call to her. The words described her, but only one of them seemed to be louder than the rest. “Wild.”  She thought about the word and what it meant to her. 

The world around her was calm… restful even, though there were still the aspects of wildness to it. A warm smile crossed the druid’s face and she gave a nod as she stood. The voices of the realm softened as she stepped out of the fairy ring, returning to a soft melody in the back of her mind. The elfess drew in a deep breath before shouting across the village in a proud tone. She discovered who she was.

“I am the Druid of Wildlife!”

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

Spoiler

OOC: Howdy folks! In no way am I a writer, but this is just a little post for a totem change. It was fun to write, and I hope you enjoy reading <33

There was a shift in that melody surrounding Nevaehlen and suddenly Miven had an urge to find her Sister.

An old, red bearded dwed perks up his nose into the cold, mountain air that he wandered through. His lips curled into a wide grin, "Heh heh heh.. tha' lil' dwedki still beh kickin' around. Mrmrmrm.. vereh proud." He rumbled to the mountain goat idly chewing grass nearby, waving a dismissive hand, "'Ey, fock yeh! Whaddye' know, ye're ah GOAT! Barharhar!"

Varan would shake with fear... Scared of what this woman would do next

Roylan G. Sirame  was sipping his morning cup of honey from the treeline when he heard the sudden 'call' of a certain wild woman of felines. Blinking as he glances over in that direction of shrooms and finds himself smiling in amusement as he sips. "And here I thought cats were only noisy at night. Good morning to ya as well!" He voiced over in her direction with a warm ring of humour dancing on his honey doused lips. 

"Totems are gifts. They are given to us one way or the other, and much like gifts, you may move onto something else if it no longer fits you."
The Boreal Druid murmured as they watched from a distance, perhaps only heard by the trees. Yet the pride within their gaze will forever remain.