Story Update - Winter

squakhawk

Wonk comeback when?

6e15c8a840843513e38da5ed72161b14.png

I joined ST a week ago, but my LOTC life hasn't been the same since. Ever since getting the green tag, I've had various ST approach me in DMs begging me to be their magic student. I've been offered siliti, varg, paladinism, blood magic, alchemy, naztherak, templar, frost witch, necromancy, and pretty much every other playable magic and CA there is. It's honestly difficult to choose between which I want to play just because I have so many opportunities. This never happened before I was ST. Before I was ST, I was a lowlife greasy-fingered neckbeard like the rest of you non-ST. My character was meaningless without magic. Life was fruitless. Bleak. Now, whenever I emote my character smirking and baring his fangs in the process (the emote would be something like, *smirks, baring his fangs in the process), every female character within a 50 block radius swoons. Every day I run down the streets of Providence while my horde of fans flock at my heel, hoping to breathe the same air as me. Even squakhawk regrets letting me onto the ST because he didn't realize power I had over people as an ST. It's both a curse and a blessing.

2022 might end up being 2020 part 3 but at least the future of LotC is bright.

look i know im in the sponge room but im on new meds now i I I I can do good I can event hahaha come on man please man just give me a chance i can do it

take me off watch man let me do it the event team under me will have a more active discord chat than lorelets just please oh god the hat man holy **** happy egg time no no no no no no no no 

image.thumb.jpeg.cf61060054f1493e3be10909b0a9f586.jpeg

6 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

Q8: "Kill high elves, stop pandering to Oren"

A: 🤨

I approve?

jk

Doing a good job, both of you.

However I was surprised to find out coming back, the snow elven racial status is gone. I’m not a high elf. I’m unsure how we can stop being something all of a sudden and become like the racists in haelunor

Can't wait for self teaching altars, seeing as I've found four of them.

What are you going to do to prevent these mechanics being weaponised, basically? I can't imagine a gang of peasants who'd all used the self teaching altar simultaneously beaning me with fireballs. There has to be a level of difficulty and danger beyond parkour.

I want to ask:

1: do you shelf lore and repair it while it's offline?

2: if not, could you allow people to download the shelved lore and fix it themselves?

24 minutes ago, The Harbinger said:

I want to ask:

1: do you shelf lore and repair it while it's offline?

2: if not, could you allow people to download the shelved lore and fix it themselves?

When we shelf lore typically it's a problem fundamentally with the lore or it's concept which struggles to find a place or make itself a position on the server where it might interact with others. We don't really re-worked shelved lore as we see it beyond the point of trying to save via lore surgery. We aswell don't delete shelved lore or anything, it's able to be found on the forums just like before.

47 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Can't wait for self teaching altars, seeing as I've found four of them.

What are you going to do to prevent these mechanics being weaponised, basically? I can't imagine a gang of peasants who'd all used the self teaching altar simultaneously beaning me with fireballs. There has to be a level of difficulty and danger beyond parkour.

Well before there was an event and a pk clause attached to which many did succumb but i'm not quite sure what you're asking. Like I said in the post we'll think on if the altar system as a whole is something we want to continue with or if we want to look elsewhere.