Story Update - Winter

squakhawk

1 hour ago, SquakHawk said:

When we shelf lore typically it's a problem fundamentally with the lore or it's concept which struggles to find a place or make itself a position on the server where it might interact with others. We don't really re-worked shelved lore as we see it beyond the point of trying to save via lore surgery. We aswell don't delete shelved lore or anything, it's able to be found on the forums just like before.

Well before there was an event and a pk clause attached to which many did succumb but i'm not quite sure what you're asking. Like I said in the post we'll think on if the altar system as a whole is something we want to continue with or if we want to look elsewhere.

Can you explain how Snow Elves lost racial status, when lots of others haven’t? 

21 minutes ago, Harold said:

Can you explain how Snow Elves lost racial status, when lots of others haven’t? 

Here's the official post on it, it has all the reasoning; the reason I redirect you is because I'd pretty much just have to repeat everything on here. Overall however, both administration and story team as a whole agreed 100% unit agreed to shelf the "official" racial status to revert it to a culture.

thanks for making me the loreholder of necromancy i will be bringing back my arthas character to rp the lich king soon

7 hours ago, satinkira said:

Can't wait for self teaching altars, seeing as I've found four of them.

What are you going to do to prevent these mechanics being weaponised, basically? I can't imagine a gang of peasants who'd all used the self teaching altar simultaneously beaning me with fireballs. There has to be a level of difficulty and danger beyond parkour.

people who rp peasants are rarer than people who rp magic

7 minutes ago, Narthok said:

thanks for making me the loreholder of necromancy i will be bringing back my arthas character to rp the lich king soon

people who rp peasants are rarer than people who rp magic

That is true

5 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

Here's the official post on it, it has all the reasoning; the reason I redirect you is because I'd pretty much just have to repeat everything on here. Overall however, both administration and story team as a whole agreed 100% unit agreed to shelf the "official" racial status to revert it to a culture.

@ScreamingDingo so it’s you I have to blame we will have words in the retirement home discord okay because I’m very upset and haven’t had my pills today

On 1/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, SquakHawk said:

The other three (Chi, Enaction of Yeu, and Striga) were shelved after multiple endeavors and attempts to increase the availability and the number of users

Striga was shelved because of a Joel hateboner, cope.

11 hours ago, Tiresiam said:

Striga was shelved because of a Joel hateboner, cope.

they were shelved for a horrid rewrite + a year straight of full inactivity apart from two players. don't be the whiny baby as usual

FULFILL AVAILER'S PROMISE TO HOREN

RELEASE WONKS FROM THEIR ENDLESS CAGE

FLYING FROGS 2022

just bring back an antag or story arc please, give us something meaningful to do

Edited by Basil Moroul