In which I talk about currency for no reason

Latelle

Hello it's me your favorite southerner e-girl yeehaw am I right

Anyways, mina. It's what makes our funny little block world go round or something like that. But why does mina exist? Well, to be honest, it's a roleplaying game and we play it to have fun, and not many people consider the exchange of currency in a block world RP particularly fun, so, we have mina. Some nations have minted their own coinage, though. The Elysian Ecu comes to mind, but that's simply because I play in Elysium (insert joke about how I'm a pacifistic softie here). I personally haven't seen the Ecu used outside of paying for taxes.

So, if you were at the controls and were able to rework our currency system to whatever you pleased, what would you make it and why? Some examples that spring to mind immediately would be:

1. **** currency, only the barter system

2. Have all nations and settlements invent their own coinage and decide ICly or OOCly on exchange-rates. All coinage will be items.

3. See above, except coinage is implemented in a mina-esque plugin.

4. Adjust mina in some way.

5. Some other weird-ass form of money.

Obviously I don't expect mina and money in general to change anytime soon, this is moreso just to spark thought and debate than anything.

Cheers, have a good night.

I've spoke to others about this before - and while it's not viable for the server because the main reason people vote is mina, I'd personally just remove the currency altogether. This would come hand in hand with the removal of banks, auction houses, and chest shops. While inconvenient for some things, this would allow people to set up their own forums of currency and allow economy to flow in a more natural manner.

Though again - Unless we can find another incentive for people to vote, this is not really a thing we can do.

43 minutes ago, Polysemic said:

I've spoke to others about this before - and while it's not viable for the server because the main reason people vote is mina, I'd personally just remove the currency altogether. This would come hand in hand with the removal of banks, auction houses, and chest shops. While inconvenient for some things, this would allow people to set up their own forums of currency and allow economy to flow in a more natural manner.

Though again - Unless we can find another incentive for people to vote, this is not really a thing we can do.

spitballing here, i just woke up & this is probably an awful idea, but what about voting = getting a random item or items, or getting to choose one of multiple.

Gotta be careful tho to ensure everything's balanced and equal otherwise it becomes an RNG game which is no fun

I'm happy removing minas entirely as a currency. I feel like it discourages roleplay more than it creates it.

If minas were removed, nations would, by necessity, invent their own forms of currency, and I think that's fun. I also think it would encourage nations to do more of what Oren is doing, which is creating jobs and paying people. 

As for voting, what about just giving players tokens that can be spent at a mod shop for rare things you can't get anywhere else?

I've always felt the voting system was lazy. Minas is a boring reward for voting.