An Ode to Seas over Silver Isles

File:Jupiter Pluvius, ancient Greek city of Lebadeia, 1819, Joseph  Gandy.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

-Sulianpoli The First, an 'Aheral Colony in warm Akritian seas

In the times of my youth, as a young Mali'aheral of the citystate, I benefited much from the laws and privileges afforded to a citizen. Benefits seen carried to all colonies of beautiful Mali'aheral upon distant isles. To which, journey is made easy when one is not bound by limits of lesser sailors, freely we travel over Silver Seas to distant waters, warm and cold. The bounty of the Blue, She grants us much for little. Oh, Haelun'cihi, To return after great Odyssey! To these beautiful lands of my youth, I am always awed to witness the splendors of our beautiful motherland.

Always I am awed to stand at the mast of my ship as our glimmering silver cliffs crest the waves, welcoming me to and from the bay. Upon her slopes we live easy lives of content bounty. Our swift ships laden with the catch of the day, we know no time, but the small shadows creeping over the isle from the boughs of our trees, heavy with olives and nuts, and the sun in the sky are signals for when we cast our nets. We pull as we need, living for ourselves and for the benefit of our brothers and sisters. Greeted are we by song and dance, and beautiful music, as even the air dances about you, warm and welcoming.

Oh great Motherland! Our beautiful Citystate! Our sublime island,

it is because of you our labor is not labor,

our lives are blessed, we soak the rays of the sun,

all the art of the world before us

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/925860222474539019/932158904299843644/Screenshot_20220116-012440.png
-Words of an ancient explorer from "The Ultimate Isle" , a classical Akritian tale

The Bronze Sunlight, The Silver Sea, and The Sublime Islands

To be apart from one of these is like to be apart from what has nursed you all your life, your gracious mother who provides all you need

Oh to be at ease, a life lived well so as to focus on life's great challenges, and her deepest mysteries. To take from her vine and savor her sweetest beets

kaean ito lin'Mali narnae kento? Leyuan valein Haelun'cihi!

For you I raise my bronze spike! For you I strike to take great privilege!

HD wallpaper: brown concrete building interior, Tekkon Kinkreet, city,  steampunk | Wallpaper Flare

May all who stand before your silver walls, know greatly.

-Pamphilos Callidora Hyptos

((Come check out Hyptos! A fun part of beautiful island life to explore! We are bronze aged heroes who take what we need!))

Edited by SteppeNomad

"Since when have high elves been on Akritos?" The Matriarch of House Basrid inquired as she passed the missive over towards her Uncle Matyas and younger brother Ioannis. A mild sense of confusion washing over her visage as she looked towards the other native Akritian in the room. "What happened within the few short years we were gone or are the elves back to being clinically insane?"

1 hour ago, Cepheid said:

"Since when have high elves been on Akritos?" The Matriarch of House Basrid inquired as she passed the missive over towards her Uncle Matyas and younger brother Ioannis. A mild sense of confusion washing over her visage as she looked towards the other native Akritian in the room. "What happened within the few short years we were gone or are the elves back to being clinically insane?"

An actual full-blood Akritian, a descendant of Holy Sir Theophilos Komnenos-Arianites - Who went by the name of Filippos Komnenos-Arianites heard the words of Vasileia. "TI STO DIAOLO! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY PEOPLE!?! ELVES AND AKRITOS? NEVER! MY FOREFATHERS WOULD ROLL IN THEIR GRAVES! GOD. PLEASE. NO."

On 1/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, sashimichopped said:

An actual full-blood Akritian, a descendant of Holy Sir Theophilos Komnenos-Arianites - Who went by the name of Filippos Komnenos-Arianites heard the words of Vasileia. "TI STO DIAOLO! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY PEOPLE!?! ELVES AND AKRITOS? NEVER! MY FOREFATHERS WOULD ROLL IN THEIR GRAVES! GOD. PLEASE. NO."

And roll they have, as the great Anaxagoras likely put them there. Father of MANY 'Aheral colonies, founded them by putting many akritian citystates to the flame. Taking the best islands for our kind. Lost are they, the old Men and Dwarves of Ancient Akritos. Only the remnants of the states untouched by conquest of piratical 'Aheral hoplites remained. Their pillars toppled, their forums trod underfoot. These remnants took inspiration from great elven architecture and laws, and the eternal glimmering marble of our great 'Aheral colonies!

Edited by SteppeNomad