THE TESTAMENT OF BRAXUS NI'LEYA

Gavin_

Spoiler

OOC; 

Friends! Recently, there has been a bit of a family disaster IRL. Unfortunately, I'm no longer going to be able to continue as Sohaer, and so I have decided to step down, as it would be unfair to all of you. I've had an absolute blast as NL, it definitely gives you a unique perception of Lotc.

We've gone from 0.5% activity to over 7% in a very short time, and have created a fantastic playerbase over the last month or two.This is incredible and it can definitely increase! 

You're all amazing people and this is the reason why Haelun'or has existed for 10 years. We truly have one of the best communities on LOTC and I hope that whenever I return, we can all meet up again for some Tea at the inn!

Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya,
Braxus Ni'leya.

THE TESTAMENT OF BRAXUS NI’LEYA

Issued from the lin of Talonii Ni’leya,

5th of Malin’s Welcome,

Year 60, S.A

AOG35pqcSle67k9fbyZ1T60X91nNJBKzjip21qs3fQ7injvnIb9hTVXAQhNr_z1zhUWIiet_zJMwergDmHqHI14Mrsld8tr9lFpSV8WCTonfeIONJZ00wRc9KfkkmzC2BgmPSEm0

Cf96q8H9_CrOGA8EHG7m1FHbnaIp4cHFTBEgkZJ-ZxVdLKfI6-_WdnWJUFbdESGAwrJMxjbacF019I5DM0LfHz6K5eZlJ_2WyxhbKuxhF8fRTBWmh6uzJsDcTqzU0WhKaUAllN5B

Lliran,

Initially, I returned to Haelun’or, as I was made aware of her terrible predicament. I wished to help her, as she had helped me, so many times over the last few centuries. I, as a Mali’thill, had a duty to her, and to her continuance, and so I returned. Very shortly after, I was appointed Medi’ir, and then Sohaer - a position I have held for many months now. My ambitions grew as the enemies of Haelun’or reared their heads, and so I decided that I should stay on, as Sohaer. Haelun’or was flourishing, yet it could flourish even more, and so this would be my aim.

I am sure many have noticed my absence this past week. I have contracted a rather serious ailment, one which I do not believe I shall recover from. It is with great sorrow, that I must resign, with the greatest immediacy, so that I may not hinder the progress of our blessed Haelun’or. 

(art by Amyy#3796)

9wYpDeGbRo5aXgQdfOWQsCoMdT22OTFSA0N5wirwxhaenLKAEqmA3sz-4oabTHNwGdJzEpfzjDuYgsvPZXnmfSHYmxx0NlxWpAPyuHJZoKfRbkH8OnM1DtawkgcfyroVc1_I00f5

When I began my tenure as Sohaer, Haelun’or was groveling, depressed, and lacking. Due to an unshakeable adherence to maehr’sae hiylun’ehya, elheial’thilln has restored Haelun’or to where she belongs. She is stoic, strong, and plentiful. I say to you all, dear blessed denizens of Haelun’or, that now - Haelun’or is in good hands. My successor is known to all, our dearest Okarir’mali, Idendril Elassidil shall become Sohaer of Haelun’or upon the propagation of this missive. For as long as I am capable, I shall serve Haelun’or, and will continue to work alongside elheial’thilln, as Medi’ir.

Haelun’or shall continue to thrive, for it is in her nature. Blessed lliran, I ask that you trust in your new Sohaer, as you have trusted in me, for maehr’sae hiylun’ehya is pursued best, when we are all in accord. I have bridged the divides of Maheralist, Diarchist, Traditionalist, I came not to divide, but to unite - and we have achieved this. Long may it survive.

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya

LbvyWvvkZEwtOzr9NGPhqu_fPl2Pwa2Y-5p4wxWrTmWhwwWb7IZgelQBMKYmmuPcxRqHrZZF3TZ2a2P7fhQ_b0qXqcp8_eHrEKrvBEEhFE_Rn-0mxA73gq-a5qXHYhufQw0i_6bl

Medi'ir,

Braxus Ni’leya

Edited by Gavin_

Fortunately the Silver Council of Haelun’or was informed before hand, the Okarir’akaln having a good amount of time to adjust to the new situation. “It seems all good things must come to end, even the reign of our leaders” She said, a singular tear escaping her eye, running down her cheek and then dropping onto whatever paper she was writing “I truly hope Laurir Ni’leya will recover and we do not have to see the loss of yet another ‘thill, may he at least retire in peace. Thank you, Sohaer. Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya!” Usamea would conclude, now a smile forming on her face as she would go down the memory lane, thinking about all the good Braxus has done for the Blessed Motherland. 

After a long and arduous conversation in the house of Ni’leya Talonnii okarir’mali Idendril Elassidil decided to take a walk around the city. Behind the Silver Walls, one could not hear the roar of war tearing the continent apart or the cries of the victims of its endless conflicts. The noise of the Silver City was different. As she passed the Elibar'acal family home, she saw through the window the familiar faces of the high elves discussing the latest news over a cup of tea. They wondered where Sohaer Ni'leya had gone, for they used to see him every day coming out of his house, striding towards the square, with a lively, upbeat expression on his face. They did not yet know what had happened to their Sohaer. Idendril turned her somber gaze away from the window of the house as she carried on her way. She mused to herself: “And yet elSohaer is right. Our Motherland needs help more than ever. To get back on the path of elMaehr'sae Hiylun'ehya, to return to the ancient traditions, still requires a lot of effort. And a lot has already been achieved through the tireless efforts of Braxus...  As one of the first mali'thill to accept the call of Haelun’or, I am proud to say that my contribution to our common cause has also borne the fruits of progress.” 

From the height of the Upper District, an excellent view of the bustling city opened up. In the distance, close to the city gates, reformed by the Sohaer Ni'leya, elSillumiran had set up a formation, planning to set out on another expedition. Opposite the Weeping Blades could be seen the inn, parts of which were still adorned with the decorations from the recent grand celebration of the nation's anniversary. Inside sat two high elves, engrossed in a game of chess, while behind the bar, a young dark elf was brewing some tea. Idendril's gaze drifted towards the Market District, hoping to find a place of solitude. But there, too, were elves strolling between the newly opened shops, and away from them, a group of mages gathered, discussing plans for future research. She muttered aloud: "Everywhere there is a trace of his achievements, of his work..." she turned towards the Eternal Library, continuing on her way in search of encouragement.

The Eternal Library was immersed in the same, traditional, eternal silence. Idendril walked between the rows of bookcases, her gaze moving from one book to another. Then a sudden glance caught sight of the elf, local librarian, clearly busy sorting books. The elfess decided not to disturb him, walking silently past. Amidst the rows of recently written books, she spotted a familiar work by Braxus Ni'leya. Opening it, she stopped her eyes at the line, regarding the gifts of the Golden Pools and the most important gift, that was the altering of the soul - enshrined in all ‘thill, - The Silver Soul. Suddenly, in that already familiar phrase, Idendril found awareness of her own need - She had found freedom

Setting the book down in its place, she headed towards the Citadel with an accelerated stride. Hastily ascending the pure-white steps, she reached the door of the Council Chamber. Pulling the handle on the door, she stepped inside. Surprisingly the councilors were assembled, it was clear by the look on their faces that the news had already been revealed to them, though each had a different reaction. At the Council meeting, Idendril advocated the position that Haelun'or needs to continue the reforms proposed by Braxus Ni'leya. In the course of the debate, during the first election for the Sohaer title in a long time, Idendril won the majority. She concluded, "Together, elHeial'thilln will finish the work of our llir, the former Sohaer of Haelun'or, and restore the traditions of the Silver City, extending the privilege of Blessed Citizenry, the privilege of representation to elMali’thill.” Stepping out of the Citadel, Sohaer Elassidil took a deep breath. A lot was to be done, but based on the foundation of the work of Sohaer Ni'leya, true son of Larihei, everything seemed possible. 

A fresh breeze rolled through the Blessed Republic of Haelun'or.

Spoiler

We will be waiting for you, Restitutor Orbis. Best wishes for a quick resolution of all problems. And thank you for your hard work. < 3

haelunor.thumb.png.81bf405d3f2c91b580b09d1cb87934d7.png

"MAEHR'SAE HIYLUN'EHYA" cries out loud a faceless Sillumir, "AY'HAELUN'OR, AY'ELASSIDIL" his metal mask would be decorated with tears drawn on the surface... or that wouldn't be a paint?

Elsillumiran.png

Taevas reads the missive, a saddened frown playing on his lips.

He wheels over to a chest in the little shack. He rummages around, before taking out a small figurine of Braxus.

He then spins around, wheeling towards the desk, writing a letter to Braxus. He attaches one of the dolls he received to the letter.

Dear Braxus;

When we first met, you were genuinely one of the kindest people I'd ever known. Despite what's followed of that time period (that whole slavery thing) I still have the dolls that you gave me. I've sent one back to you; a reminder of a calmer time for you, I hope.

Under your rule, Haelun'or has flourished. Long may it do so.

-ChildTea

He sends off the letter, watching it go. "Good luck, Idendril."

Edited by satinkira

The missive quickly reached the banished elf Karirimir, yet not in his elven form. His dilated eyes scanned over the missive, handing it to Valindra @Moribundity"great.. an even worse one" the Vampire spoke

Maenor received the news whilst meandering through the Eternal Library, thus his neutral visage turned somber with grief. The Mali simply stood, bereft of words, and contemplated the grave times ahead of the Motherland, hoping only that the will of Larihei's children just might last them long enough to survive the night to come.

Kalenz Ni'leya would immediately rush to his maln's side to tend and care for him during his time of ailment

A human woman, a resident of the City, nods her head once and raises a glass of red wine. She would drink from it, and quietly utter "Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya - To you, Braxus - And to the future!"

"Good. A fair Sohaer- One who is mighty and just as strong willed as Braxus Ni'leya himself. May she bring a much needed strength to our city. Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya." A High Elf said in regards to the recent developments, along with others who discussed such around the table of tea.

16 minutes ago, Mephiedantes said:

The missive quickly reached the banished elf Karirimir, yet not in his elven form. His dilated eyes scanned over the missive, handing it to Valindra @Moribundity"great.. an even worse one" the Vampire spoke

"Worse or weaker?" Questioned that pale elf who had been inflicting disaster upon the 'thill from afar. Her features warped into a wicked, malice-filled grin as she read over the missive with her sharp gaze. Rather than showcasing anger, she appeared very much entertained by the sudden change in leadership. "His transgressions and foolishness during his time as leader will not be forgotten. Incompetency is unacceptable, even as a mere pawn." A slow shake of her head was given as though she'd won a battle in a war through the shortcomings of her opposition, a gloved hand shifting through her almost ethereal looking locks. "Poor Braxus, his mental deficiency has just made him that much easier to be captured and terminated, and I don't even have to lift a finger. In raising a new and frankly unready mali to power, he has just signed their own death warrant. It should be most entertaining to watch all of this unfold."

"He is sick?" The elf murmured to himself as he read the missive and his pupils glimered with dark purple "Hmph, he was better than the previous one, I'll give him that. May he rest in peace." Orinmon mutters out as violet flames embraced the missive and shortly after faded as flickering fire disappeared along with it

R