The Cursed Rose [PK]

Mattiii

THE CURSED ROSE

iXSKVNL8bqZrBQljRTM0m_XfZdn7YrTbs-14XAYXRKrgOBC_fqVycx3fkSr1pEHk-zTMzNxzbd0oFaU-kT3WhIYV9pfxU6GoCgOi-9nHnXZS_3duGhpmp2r2gegrrVuyQLMXumhe

Baron Otis Maximilian, circa 1837

The smell of roses flew around the air, attracting many insects and some humans - the now fully retired Baron being one of them, leisurely progressing towards the comely bushes. His mind was at calm for once, carelessly enjoying the moment of consolation. He leaned towards the plants, essaying to pick their flowers. “AAH!” An echoing scream spread across the gardens, the man falling to the ground as result of stumbling over a root. The body of the aging man hastening towards the cursed mangle of blossoms, which seemed to fully enclose him. Firstly, the thorns struck his wrist - reminding him of the time when he was bit by a Corcitură and subsequently turning into one. Secondly, his lips were pierced, florid blood slipping into his mouth, remembrance of when he sinfully fed on human prey. Thirdly, a vine with hiss as gentle as the Corcitură that originally glutted on his blood, began twisting around his neck. Tardily exhausting his body of life. Otis blindly pushed and ripped away at the bush, fighting for his existence, but ineffectively as the force of the plant became increasingly strong. The attempts only tore his skin and clothes furthermore, leaving him nearly naked. As the last breaths escaped his mouth, he continuously struggled in silence, reliving the worst and most pleasant moments of his life briskly. From the deaths of his beloved, the births of his children and grandchildren, and so on. Eventually the bush liberated the Baron, but his body laid onto the dirt - lifeless and naked, pale as the daisies nearby. 

Spoiler

OOC:

Otis was an immense amount of fun and I really am thankful for everyone that I got to interact with. Special thanks to @valecu, @Pompilidae, @Pompadour, and the rest of the Rosius crew. I was not a great head of house to be quite honest, I was really independent and only looked out for myself for the most part so I do hope that @1tzHyper does a better job then me. I will still be around so feel free to reach out to me!

Valent continuously glanced at his brother as Otis entered the Seven Skies, subsequently smiling profoundly. "TU DID IT!"

Anastasia Komnenos welcomed her old friend Otis with open arms "It's past time you arrived. Otis, I've missed you."

"That's what you get for killing Rose the mouse!" Emilie de Rosius chuckled wherever she was.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?" The mad Philip Hughes de Rosius screeched from within his cave.

Somewhere far across the world, a woman mourns. 

"Such a shame he's gone." Said the likes of one Maria de Rosius a woman thought to be long gone. Perhaps it was time she came forward with the truth, Maria , covered in burn scars, decided it was time to return home. 

Meanwhile, Chloe had the unfortunate timing of deciding to go pick some roses, after all her coming of age ceremony was soon and it wouldn't hurt to practice before the real thing. Suddenly, a scream pierced through the girl as she witnessed her grandfather bleeding out. 

Aliria Elodie de Rosius silently wept as she heard the passing of her Uncle. 
She had wanted to visit the chateau earlier if she knew it would end like this. She had looked up to the bright blue sky and mutter words softly to the wind. 

“May you be happy in the seven skies with the rest of the family Uncle, you will be missed.” 

On 1/20/2022 at 4:52 PM, EmiliainWonderland said:

Somewhere far across the world, a woman mourns. 

"Such a shame he's gone." Said the likes of one Maria de Rosius a woman thought to be long gone. Perhaps it was time she came forward with the truth, Maria , covered in burn scars, decided it was time to return home. 

Meanwhile, Chloe had the unfortunate timing of deciding to go pick some roses, after all her coming of age ceremony was soon and it wouldn't hurt to practice before the real thing. Suddenly, a scream pierced through the girl as she witnessed her grandfather bleeding out. 

The now widowed Baroness de Rosius heard her granddaughter’s screams from the chateau parlor. Louise threw down the book she was reading, mumbled some mere curse words under her breath, and scattered outside to Chloe.

The woman’s face crunched when she saw her husband’s corpse. Tears and anger flooded her, her one true love was taken by his own namesake.

The widow rushed from the gardens into the house, and dressed into a bright, pastel, splendid gown. In grief, Louise took a pair of clamps and took hold of a burning log from the parlor fireplace, dragging it onto the carpets and lush furnishings. The house began to burn to the ground. 

Before Louise could escape, one of the once grand, immense pillars of the chateau crashed down before her, sealing her fate within the history of humanity. 

There were only some fragments of walls left of what was once a grand edifice. Charred floorboards and the structure of the foundation remained. In the ashes would be a golden sheen for someone to collect.