Petition to bring Wonks back

Javert

Petition to bring Wonks back  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring Wonks back

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Traveller said:

ok but just because you didn't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean people won't enjoy wonks if they come back, other races have meme rp and its never an issue, orcs entire language is a meme i know at least some people here are being genuine about wanting them back, even if it comes with a rewrite/retcon

image.jpeg.2baf05e4d52ec1e1bb47a6482c1313e1.jpeg

GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP GIVE ME REP 

All of the beastfolk ca's should be opened up and let them wander to they contribute to the already existing settlements around. Lotc is a weird place it shouldn't be suppressed through activity requirements.

As far as I'm aware, there were real and legitimate reasons for the Wonks being shelved. Just as many other CA races, they gained a significant amount of popularity for a short amount of time, and then the people that played them just stopped playing them because they ran out of things to do, or they just got bored and went back to playing their other characters.

The ST pretty much understands that if Wonks were to be brought back .. the same thing would happen again. It'd be a waste of time and a short-lived effort unless people were to actually do a significant amount of stuff with the Wonks. Even if they contribute to world-building in some way, the reason why a billion CAs that people have submitted over the last few years don't exist these days is because of lore fluff. Too much lore is a bad thing. Too much of something good can lead to too much to deal with. It's messy for the ST to deal with, and that was part of why they got rid of it. Their reasoning for getting rid of it makes sense, and even if you did enjoy Wonks (i'm trying to be as unbiased as possible here), you can't really disagree with the ST's reasoning for getting rid of them.

Another CA that I can point to for an example of when CAs have failed is the Hou-Zi. The same thing happened - nobody really played them, so they got dumped. 

Please bring back the wonks so my sister can stop going on about them at 3 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep

No, Wonks should be cleansed and voided. Terrible idea! :angry noises:

I for one firmly believe wonks should be allowed. Even if it is on a limited run basis, anything at all. But I believe in a hard Wonk.

Let them encompass several bodymorphs of amphibians. Such as salamanders

Bring about Wonkage

38 minutes ago, Traveller said:

ok but just because you didn't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean people won't enjoy wonks if they come back, other races have meme rp and its never an issue, orcs entire language is a meme i know at least some people here are being genuine about wanting them back, even if it comes with a rewrite/retcon

I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks I hate wonks.

That being said, I didn't have an issue with the meme RP. I just said it was a contributing factor to them dying out about 2 to 3 weeks after their launch. There were somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Wonk CAs (this is a guess, I barely remember) made in the first week or so, and a couple months later there were 2 remaining active Wonk players, which eventually led, in part to their shelving. Just like now, when they came about, people clamored for them, and then they died out nonetheless. My main concern is that an attempt to rewrite them will just result in the same crash, and therefore be a wasted effort.

But hey, if someone produces a good rewrite and it gets accepted? More power to them, I guess. And if they're actually successful this time around, great. I'll bee holding an 'I told you so' in reserve, though.