First Impressions, and the Front Page Problem

Slorbin

Hi Community Team,
I just kinda wanted to motion towards the front page and a big problem. It kinda sucks!
For the first thing someone sees on the server it leaves a pretty bad impression. Perhaps, it aught to be updated?

The current front page's 'home advertisement' is a paltry 600 x 2000 pixels, looking extremely fuzzy and blurry from even a low-res computer.

As an example, here is part of the original image... L6aGw2i.png

Compared to an upscaled version courtesy of Topaz Gigapixel AI. ItA65gx.png

(Recommended you view both by right clicking --> Open Image in New Tab to see just how awful the first one's resolution is)

As a 'first impressions' of the server, the homepage clearly is quite lacking. The text is blurry, the images are fuzzy, it says the server is only four years old, it still advertises the server's teamspeak and doesn't even bother to mention the discord. I'm sure that more than a few new players have been turned away from LOTC due to its lackluster appearance.

I propose @Telanir we aught to get a new front page, perhaps updated and brought to 2400 x 8000 resolution (or split up into multiple images) with updated visuals and info. It might attract a few new players.

I haven't been on the home page in so long I had to see if the Teamspeak thing was true and holy shit that's hilarious. Definitely needs some sprucing up

Yeah I'm confused cuz like, that front page was released when I was 16-17, and now I'm 22. LOL

Nobody thought, at any point, that we should advertise the present-day server?

Howdy. This is something that I am aware of and a concept idea was worked on in the past. I believe it was put on the backburner due to a certain forum related issue. I'll look into the possibility of updating it. Thank you for your feedback.

To be honest, navigating the forums AND the wiki were kind of hard. I'm glad you are planning on changing this!

This was a project in the past. We had a nearly finished product, but there was a falling out with the person doing the graphic and the project was scraped.