The Tome of Entelechy

Keefy

Spoiler

pBCHKmK.jpg

The Tome of Entelechy 

uMORbHH.png

How many times do you find yourself sat somewhere, laid somewhere, occupied anywhere, amongst thoughts of what you can do?

How often do you accept and acknowledge what you could do, how often is it pointed it out to you by others, brought to the surface?

How often do you bring this concept into realization? Owning that which is you and taking it the distance?

Let me preface this.

This is not just meant for only druids.

This is not just meant for only those who cling to dirt and wood.

This is for all those with feet. With hands. With a will, with a talent, with a life.

This is meant for people.

Inside of every single one of you is a burning energy, pulsing always, never sleeping.

Hidden in everything, immortal and ever-present, capable of achieving the peak of what you are.

Who you are.

And you are the only one stopping it from thriving.

Burning.

Sparking.

You sit amongst yourselves, valleys upon your back, with burdens innumerable.

Hollowing you out as you do what you believe is your limitation in life, a crumbling mountain of souls.

You idle like stale alcohol, you preserve ghosts that have long since left, cling to molded bread.

This is not how to live.

ctqjJVH.png

CHsC651.jpg

We are not meant to be cages, designed for our own imprisonment. 

We have the capacity to learn ourselves so well we achieve a personal balance no-one else can effect.

Our dogmas, faiths, cults, beliefs, they have the capacity to drive us forward so far forward we can't see those futures.

We are meant to exist loudly. We are meant to exist freely. The chains that bind us are not wrought of everlasting bonds.

We choose these things, these commitments, these oaths. 

We break them and hurt. We break them and thrive. We never know until we try.

All to achieve a vital purpose in life that you'll never know until you accept everything that you are, and cast away what you are not.

There is no real secret to this. There is no real taboo to achieving it. No valid plan. No illusion that can't be discarded.

There aren't even proper words that can define this undefinable something, that makes up our everything. But here I try.

There is blood in your body.

There is power in your heart.

There are ideas in your head.

There is grace to your soul.

No-one else will ever be able to match what you are capable of. 

You are the sum of your life, given direction.

You will succeed at times. You will fail at times. You'll want to give up. You'll boil with anger.

And that is how you know you're in the right direction.

NJq03xp.jpg

My fellow Sages, we all are taught many concepts.

The Beauty of Life.

Accepting Death.

The Flow of Balance.

The Guidance of Fury.

The Soothing of Harmony.

We all follow Tenants to help us achieve what we are meant to be.

Not all of us follow the same paths, and mine will never be reflective of my fellows.

As is the same with all those who bother to read these texts.

You might be a human librarian who got bored and flitted through these pages.

A dwarven smith who took a peak before pitching it into your forges fires.

You could be anyone.

And there will always be one thing in this reality we all permeate through and exist in, that no-one else will match you for.

Within you exists the potential to achieve this.

Realize it.

Grasp it.

Embrace it.

You are capable of it. You and you alone.

Turn your potential into reality.

Be You.

RtT9bqx.png

OOC: I forgot to credit the art, i cant recall the first one but the other two are pieces from Stand Still Stay Silent by Minna Sunderberg(?)

Edit: Bisco found the first one linked here https://www.deviantart.com/wakingofskytree/art/Spiral-Dreams-Of-The-End-886850736

"Hoi there, just going to get a little bit of reading done. Don't mind me." A human with a almost ever curious mind waved to the others within the den of wood, paper and ink as he flowed through the shelves. Through the many arching towers that surrounded this space and roamed his fingers upon the spines of knowledge like a bird. Pecking at the meal he was about to have and testing the treat before he consumes it. Tap-Tap-Tap. The finger went. Drumming from one tome to another. One book. One spine. Moving along as he searched for something that sparked his interest. His intrigue. And found it finally. A tome with a title of a word he didn't know. 

The final plucked, it pulled. It drew the tome within the rough hands of the artist and craftsmen as began to flip through the pages. The parchment and ink brushed along by his fingers as he read. Whirlpools swirling as he took every word, every letter. And finding a gentle smile resting upon his lips by the end. 

"Such a wholesome, gentle tome. A pleasant read indeed...."

Setting it down upon upon the shelve once more he walked off with a hum and a song on his lips. spirits lightened. 

"Hoi Hoi I Ho-i~"

Hidden amongst the leaves of the tallest tree did she uncover the words; a ritual done sometimes even three times a day. Hours would she sit there, pouring over the words and meanings until her eyes ran dry, until there was no more daylight left for her to enjoy. No matter how many times the pages became smudged, shaky handwriting doing its best to fill in the blanks, no matter that she had memorized and now knew the words by heart, the ritual continued daily, and a new set of stains on parchment always followed.