Lament of the Damned

Lhindir_

Music

1mZIcoAWEL6tQMjj33fds4Mu5GMm7wciKKp6On_mVCzac5cMgoPy7POXpcXapHy3kqKGbZtCY59Q_oUoAs0wKsFcYPMrG-Us6mc2l9YAowE_R7wNW--QlVAUd0hxBAxI-ZXrpOwX

From ash we are made gold

LAMENT OF THE DAMNED

(Big Ty to Nozoa for help)

I sit here, lamenting my state, and it came to me; I possess all there is to possess. I am everything there is to be - but better. I am a God, and a sick one at that, for what God questions himself, his own faith- his own nature? So now I remain, rotting away endlessly but unable to die. Starving but unable to eat. Craving a high which I may never repeat. I have forgotten what it means to be alive, and I will never get to experience death. What kind of existence is this? A fool I was. “Salvation” I thought. “Godhood” I still think. 

My skin crawls, my throne festers, my crown beckons; my court answers.

For I am nothing but I have everything. With the snap of a finger, a city is razed. The flick of a wrist, a dead body is raised. But it’s lost its meaning. The power I now have has lost its allure, its charm; the illusion has been broken. And now my chronicles have been left unspoken, and those few who still recall my name reside by my side in a tomb unopened.

That feeling, oh! The feeling. Yes, now I recall. The scent of crimson ichor coating the whip as I struck it. It was so real. It was true. I was ravenous for their screams and cries for mercy. It gave the air a certain profound freshness; a fleeting nirvana. How I wish for it once more. The touch of her hands upon my skin. But now I have no skin. I am a shell - an amalgamation of flesh and bone. And my voice; sweet like syrup, but ripe with decay like an apple that fell too far from its tree. 

A life of strife, ambition, and power, all up to this moment beyond itself. I am empty, my soul long sacrificed in pursuit of selfish desire. Flesh and bone, I simply am.

My mind perpetuates, endlessly drifting in and out of places unimaginable to feast on truths incomprehensible. My throne has become one with me, as I am one with it. A crown in the place of a soul. My Bones brittle, but unbreaking. My Blood dried and tainted. I am not dead; For I am death. I am a God, a parable, a symbol - a meaning. I am eternal.

From the cabins of Dobrov, a Carrion gazes out his window as the hearth fire of his pit crackles in a malignant light. The moonlight is covered by the dark gaze of storm clouds above. Lightning streaks across the sky, and Ostromir the V has an unnerving feeling that something born of pure malice lurks just beyond the safe comfort of his warm hovel. It was a terrible feeling, one that makes the mind feel as though the world was about to end.

Spoiler

Twisted and sad. You can feel the unimaginable self hatred yet still the pride of "But I am still better".

Considering I know who is speaking this words (I think), I can't help but think "should you pity the monster" or did it get what it deserved after all it did. Love this post though. Truly fantastic writing.

Some long, silent moments were spent - pondering these words truly, those thoughts navigated through a twisted mind, only to return a twisted judgement;

"I suppose those born mortals, are forever haunted by pathetic desire. Despite the power they accrue..."

That freak thought on this for some time, wondering if perhaps with time, their views may shift in some similar way.

Though not any time soon.

Spoiler

Based

Tobias would be among a medium sized group surrounding a firepit. Roasting his newt alongside his students and heralds he would perk up a brow as he caught a though, "I should visit uncle some time, perhaps he is still alive or am I the only one of my time remaining alive. . ." at this the man would stand up before departing down the nearby path through the woods. As per his students, they would be starstruck in regards to what the hell the senile old man had just said!

Alec woke from his small village hovel, tending to the small crop of carrots he had planted outside. The world was still, and in these rare moments he liked to sit on the porch and stare out at the quaint land, watching the earth slowly reclaim what was lost when that damned castle had vanished. He could not read, it was a luxury he wasn't able to afford as a youth and couldn't learn now as an adult, but if he could perhaps he'd pick up all those missives people were so keen on reading, panning through them idly as he embraced the sweet joys of simple living.

He failed to notice the stormclouds thundering above until it was too late...

Upon that very eve, a figure trudged through the woodlands of man, a rusted lantern in hand- the burning pure inside allows shadows within the light to cast and dance upon the shadowed saplings of the path, and the proud oaks aside them. This Illatian traversed this endless scape as he so often did to clear his mind, humming a native song on his tongue- well lost to time, before something morbid and fascinating came to his mind.

FOOLISH and frail, just like that myth and that therein.”

Spoiler
8 hours ago, King_Kunuk said:

Truly fantastic writing

thanks

Luthie daydreams about how there's probably an infinite amount of mathematics and science to learn and discover, machines to invent, and art to create, and wishes people blessed with long lives would consider drinking from this infinitely deep well of thrill and joy instead of doing dumb stuff like killin' peeps.