Blindness In Hate

TheCapybara

Spoiler

Music :

Blindness In Hate

A View From Fear And Sorrow

I am foolish, surely. I know this by simply writing this after the recent Imperial Court when two Haense men were put to death. At this court, a man had exclaimed, give mercy, two more asked the same. Then I wished to speak of my own thoughts. I said, “Your Imperial Majesty, I disagree.” This is when I was silenced. After this, the people within the court had started to cheer for the death of the Haense-men. I was given cold stares by objecting. I was upset. Why was my own voice silenced above others? 

When the rest of the courtiers and citizens left. I spoke with a woman. I said how distressed I was. To think we will cheer for death? Even when these men have killed our own brutally? Do they deserve this fate? Of course traitors of the Empire and to God must be punished. But to cheer for the death of an entire people? Cheers of “Death to Haensers.” I remembered, I was asked by my dear friend “Would you really speak even if a noose was wrapped along your neck?” I responded. Yes. Because I value my voice. If I was given a voice by God, why not use it? So here I am.

otK5TIzSZ11Qbhn7Jve1NFuw8W-whE55B42MWUsG5KgjT0RiXz2uR-Tq7litbK6gLsTR0TJVj3Ld9PwR9jZz83gzf9B_1e2o9XFyVOAyhxJtmrYTrbH__lVqTb1skDYtSlTvy9Ov

The Halls Of Providence (1800)

Why do I write this then? I want to show, no, express my sadness. Of course, cheer for our victories. But that doesn’t mean the ones we kill don’t have families, children, and loved ones. Alas, traitors must be killed, alas, heathens must be killed. We are at war and we must kill to win. War is depressing and bloody. Violent. But will we become so blind in hate? So blind in hate to even fear of death for speaking out? To fear within our own home, our own soil and grass. 

I am not afraid, I am open to criticism. But I will not be silenced. But will you all be open to the same? For me to give critique? Is it not the foundation of our Empire! That all of us will have voices. That all of us are children of God and united under the Orenian flag. I will not stay silenced and I will speak my mind. I will speak my heart, my soul. I will share my view from this fearful and sorrowful island which I stand on, covered by a sea of hate.

I pray for victory of the Empire,

I sacrifice for our Empress and Emperor when in battle,

I pray for the souls corrupted by heathen kings and princes,

But I will not fight or pray for hate.

Sincerely,

Héloïse

Spoiler

Listen, well not listen but read. I understand this entire role-play war has had a lot of OOC fights and disgusting toxicity, like any “war” on this server. This is role-playing. Leave the role-play as it is. But I do not want to be held to a standard because I role-play in a mineman community within a mineman role-playing server. And If you truly do have so much hate in you OOCly to say something OOCly which is rude or toxic, then touch the grass.

The Baroness of Artois prepares a letter for her younger cousin.

[reserved]

"And to think I would ever agree with the loud-mouth Halcourt." The d'Azor lofted a brow, reading over the missive shortly after his morning breakfast. 

Edited by Cubicita

The Prince of Providence would look towards the actions and later the missive that was offered by Heloise. Peter would take a moment to himself as his eyes would lower for a mere moment. "Death, or hate?" He chuckled lightly to himself. "I was present at Southbridge, I was present at Providence, I was present at Sedan's fields, and I was present for the many times in which we have raised blade to answer those whom wish us nothing but death." He would close his eyes once more. "It is but foolish to think they consider the welfare of yourself or the people of this realm. God be with us all." He opened his eyes as he moved off towards the call of his advisors. 

"It is a blessing, perhaps, that you share an affinity for clemency or compassion -- but it is a curse, for this respite is not shared by the brethren of the North." Ser Hilal comments, as he takes the missive.

"They may claim as they like, yet had the positions been switched, there would be no difference. There is no weakness in war. They may claim that their assaults are confined to the field of battle. There is no discrimination in the slaughter of life. We stand against them, as opposites, and could not be anymore different in hate. This is prejudice. But there is one that stands true between us both: duty. Duty, for the glory of our Sovereign, vengeance for our fell lands, and the upheaval of Godfrey's legacy that has been tainted by Yemekar's servants: Horen's race traitors."

"Until one side falters, this duty will not cease. This - it is war."

"The Haeseni have killed thousands of Orenians in the recent years. They have committed the greatest crime that any men can commit: Treason against the Imperial Crown. As long as they don't regret their actions and ask forgiveness there is no mercy possible for them. I must admit, though, that personally the recent vile actions of the haeseni did not surprise me at all since we are talking about a Kingdom that has been forging unholy military alliances with dwarves and pagans against the Holy Orenian Empire for years since their imperial expulsion from the Empire. As His Imperial Majesty usually says: damnatio memoriae!" Sir Charles Galbraith remarked.

Karl Sigmar found himself scanning over the missive with some curiosity. The boy had been raised in a war, had watched from the battlements the wars in Karosgrad, and even the death of an Orenian knight in the square that day yet other memories continued to parade his conscious. Times before war in which he walked about the ballroom of Providence as a  youth, and the friendly faces that which he found inside. "I don't think my father would wish to kill any if it did not seem as though some wished to extinguish our own kingdom or foam at the mouth at its mention."

Remon shakes his head. To not speak hatred.. I wonder if you would feel the same if it had been YOUR son, YOUR father cut down in the war. Not that I've lost mine, but I do suppose that a great many people in the halls that you speak of have.

8 hours ago, GMRO said:

Karl Sigmar found himself scanning over the missive with some curiosity. The boy had been raised in a war, had watched from the battlements the wars in Karosgrad, and even the death of an Orenian knight in the square that day yet other memories continued to parade his conscious. Times before war in which he walked about the ballroom of Providence as a  youth, and the friendly faces that which he found inside. "I don't think my father would wish to kill any if it did not seem as though some wished to extinguish our own kingdom or foam at the mouth at its mention."

Anna Ulyssa mutters the sentiment in exact words from across the continent where she stood in prayer at the altar, though exchanging ‘kingdom’ for ‘empire’. 

She adds thereafter: “The haeseni have never given us peace since their departure. It is a folly of revenge that consumes them. I pray for the souls of those whose life hinges on our destruction, who now cry wolf when their malevolence makes them a target, as all malevolence should. Amen.”

15 hours ago, sergisala said:

"The Haeseni have killed thousands of Orenians in the recent years. They have committed the greatest crime that any men can commit: Treason against the Imperial Crown. As long as they don't regret their actions and ask forgiveness there is no mercy possible for them. I must admit, though, that personally the recent vile actions of the haeseni did not surprise me at all since we are talking about a Kingdom that has been forging unholy military alliances with dwarves and pagans against the Holy Orenian Empire for years since their imperial expulsion from the Empire. As His Imperial Majesty usually says: damnatio memoriae!" Sir Charles Galbraith remarked.

"Right, and the Empire has been no better. It is truly marvelous how you can spin a foul web of lies. Treason would require that Haense was still vassalized." The words restricted and enslaved had been attempted to be crossed out, but to little avail.  "And thank Godan we have had a prosperous time of great national upheaval, as the popularity of your Empire has only descended further and further, after decades of mismanagement, and terrible diplomatic solutions, It is surprising your Empire have not erupted into civil wars with the lackluster agenda, and wrongful propaganda you spread to your poor citizens who are so heavily taxed by the greedy Imperial Government, such is not a virtuous trait in the eyes of Godan! And that is just another reason your delusional Emperor is unfit, Iblees already beckons to take his blackened soul." Sigmar Baruch shook his head, although not surprised if the constricted people of the Empire would believe this man's word over anything factual.