Feedback on the recent Rule Update: Cultural Pedophilia

Unwillingly

LOL elves and their shitty aging system strike again, unknown to new players and weaponized by weirdos

either just retcon their convuluted aging or outright mention it in the rule 😭

I mean I agree that we can't have a rule to every thing since more rules open the door for possible abuse. But the cultural side of this is that all elves are considered adults when they turn 50, it's within like every law that no one should be romantically involved with an elf under the age of 50 unless you have a nation filled with weirdos. 

It's also kind of frowned upon to marry when your character is under 100 since they're considered to be living their "human years"-- 

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

But the cultural side of this is that all elves are considered adults when they turn 50, it's within like every law that no one should be romantically involved with an elf under the age of 50 unless you have a nation filled with weirdos. 

does anyone remember leowarriors forum username and also how do you remove quotes when typing a comment

I've got the perfect solution!
Simply remove LotC!
Don't put out the next server room fire, let it burn!

Can't wait for someone to rule lawyer in order to date a Halfling child because we don't mature until 33 but 'hey! the rule says no one under 18!'

We've already had to police ourselves for years, and people outside the core group of Halflings often don't even RP the maturity part.  Just this week I had explain to a Halfling that even though he was 18 he was still a child.  

Are the elves that are 18 less emotionally and mentally developed than a 18 year old human?

If the answer is yes, I think it's pretty irrelevant what the culture is, if an individual can rationally consent to an act and is physically mature, it's nonproblematic.  

I think OOC grooming and underage interactions are a lot more problematic than anything in character.

1 hour ago, TakeMeT0TheFae said:

Can't wait for someone to rule lawyer in order to date a Halfling child because we don't mature until 33 but 'hey! the rule says no one under 18!'

We've already had to police ourselves for years, and people outside the core group of Halflings often don't even RP the maturity part.  Just this week I had explain to a Halfling that even though he was 18 he was still a child.  

Unlike elves, halflings have slow-aging until 33 built into lore and not just a cultural thing, so I think it’s fair that the rules should have some little footnote that you shouldn’t do a bunch of romance RP as an 18 year old halfling that is, per lore, not physically or mentally mature.

just dont trust elves ever??? simple as.

2 hours ago, Priceflash said:

Are the elves that are 18 less emotionally and mentally developed than a 18 year old human?

If the answer is yes, I think it's pretty irrelevant what the culture is, if an individual can rationally consent to an act and is physically mature, it's nonproblematic.  

I think OOC grooming and underage interactions are a lot more problematic than anything in character.

No they're the same, its just cultural. 

make elves a ca

after recent events IRP i have been enlightened as to why this rule is 100% necessary. thank u for suggesting this

elven not being considered adults at the age of 18 in a world where every other race is, and where they physically and mentally mature by that point is stupid. WHo ever decided to make it to the age of 50 was dumb in the first place and it was not on original LOTC, its a change made along the way and to this date i refuse to rp my elves as not being proper adults by the age of 18. 

the 50 year thing as mmonkee pointed out is more cringe by the fact it gives people an excuse to rp being mentally a child while physically an adult.

Just remove the 50 year cultural thing that already many people on the server do not follow. Not all elven cultures or communities are the same, just because Hlnr wants to consider a elf under the age of 50 a child doesn't mean i should have to when my elf grew up in a human nation.

But why should those who abide by rules suffer for the actions of a few rotten apples? They should be removed instead of systematic targetting. Making Elves a CA race will not bring any good with it.

Edited by Tulan