Feedback on the recent Rule Update: Cultural Pedophilia

Unwillingly

33 minutes ago, Tulan said:

But why should those who abide by rules suffer for the actions of a few rotten apples? They should be removed instead of systematic targetting. Making Elves a CA race will not bring any good with it.

it's usually a smarter idea to write down a rule and enforce it than not have something be against the rules and punish people for it.

you might not have compulsion to roleplay rape or grooming children or but there've been people that did forced marriage rp (consummated) as recently as five hours ago

if youre "suffering" (this is the word you used LOL) because u cant rp a 40 year old man with a hot new 10 year old wife youre fucked in the head & should put ur harddrive in a plastic bag and let the local police check it over mate. cradlelurker nonce. 

Gotta love the hate on the broad term of "elven roleplayers", when its primarily the older generations who probably dont even play that introduced the cultural problems addressed on this thread. In my opinion its stupid, and the lore should be tweaked to make it more clear, and the nations that enforce this culture should adapt. But at the same time, if you want to play an elf and start a family or something of the sort literally don't play a f**king man-child. Read the lore and have sense.

4 hours ago, Tulan said:

But why should those who abide by rules suffer for the actions of a few rotten apples?

the greatest suffering known to man is not being able to groom a child

- tulan#7704

4 hours ago, kolya said:

if youre "suffering" (this is the word you used LOL) because u cant rp a 40 year old man with a hot new 10 year old wife youre fucked in the head & should put ur harddrive in a plastic bag and let the local police check it over mate. cradlelurker nonce. 

Listen here Schizo,

why dont you take your virtual signaling, put it in a plastic bag and shove it.

Read his reply again and properly and you would understand that he is replying to the memes about making elfs a CA. He is not defending pedo rp.

These accusations are very serious so please read before you let your emotions out.

4 hours ago, kolya said:

it's usually a smarter idea to write down a rule and enforce it than not have something be against the rules and punish people for it.

you might not have compulsion to roleplay rape or grooming children or but there've been people that did forced marriage rp (consummated) as recently as five hours ago

Hold up dude.... He was talking about those arguing for elves to be CA to stop those doing cultural grooming roleplay. That is a very serious accusation that you can't just throw around. Learn to read properly before claiming someone is a pedo because you thought he was saying something else...

5 hours ago, kolya said:

I don't disagree with your view on this. Those responsible should be the ones who get the punishment, you can't live in fear of what might happen, merely set a strong example of a no tolerance policy. That's why rules are there to protect the young players for a reason, so we can swiftly deal with the creeps. 

And what @MissToni said

Edited by Tulan

Stop writing weird lore around when a race is "culturally an adult" yet they still look like a child cause some fae mother was like "yo my kids finna be 120 but still look like they are 12." I get this is fantasy rp but you open the gates to some weird ass rp. This extends beyond just elven races, this goes for every race that exceeds a lifespan of over 100-200 years. 

Edited by Summerisdumb
cause i can?

17 minutes ago, Summerisdumb said:

Stop writing weird lore around when a race is "culturally an adult" yet they still look like a child cause some fae mother was like "yo my kids finna be 120 but still look like they are 12." I get this is fantasy rp but you open the gates to some weird ass rp. This extends beyond just elven races, this goes for every race that exceeds a lifespan of over 100-200 years. 

pin this cheers

dont know about those other kids commenting but marrying a grown woman that acts like a toddler isnt the kind of fantasy this server is

2 hours ago, sami03 said:

Listen here Schizo,

why dont you take your virtual signaling, put it in a plastic bag and shove it.

you seem upset that some ppl dont like pedos ? why is this..

nvm went on your post history and youre defending erp on the server just over a month ago.

checked your namemc and saw ur a wood elf. hope ur parents are proud mate.

1 hour ago, kolya said:

you seem upset that some ppl dont like pedos ? why is this..

nvm went on your post history and youre defending erp on the server just over a month ago.

checked your namemc and saw ur a wood elf. hope ur parents are proud mate.

Listen here Schizo,

take your meds and the pedo defenders will disappear. Dont forget to take your virtual signaling and shove it.

20 minutes ago, sami03 said:

Listen here Schizo,

take your meds and the pedo defenders will disappear. Dont forget to take your virtual signaling and shove it.

i dont see u disagreeing with what i posted... only calling names instead....

1 hour ago, sami03 said:

Listen here Schizo,

But they won't though and that's the thing.

Coming from the Dwarf community where 50 is basically the rule there too. It makes sense but I mean, realistically (as some people have already mentioned) just have people reach physical and mental maturity at the same time. Keeping it so that elves are "adults" at 50 culturally depending on cities laws but have become fully grown at 18 seems to be the right play. The people who eternally child rp and romance rp just shouldn't be allowed to do what they do, it's cringe and jailbaity.

Let people deal with rp consequences of their actions. And if their actions are so terrible that it leads to ooc targeting harassment, then that's a moderator's job to control. People are known by the rp they do and what they can bring to a community, if all they bring is pedo rp I think it is a good thing people call it out oocly.

On 2/15/2022 at 1:02 PM, 1_Language_1 said:

Honestly if you just wanna take care of this elf shit, just say with rules that elves can't have relationships until 50... or that elves can't have relationships if the older elf is more than 2 times their age... if it's not accepted by the server's playerbase then why isn't it upheld by the server? That way there can be 50 with a 100 but not 50 with a 150.. just a suggestion.

^ This is a sensible idea.

The age of consent for characters across the board remains at 18, but romantic relations could be limited to a 2x age difference for all races. So, a 20 yo human max partner is 40, 40 with 80, etc -- a 100 yo Elf max partner is 200, etc. Once a character is 300, 400... it doesn't seem like it really matters if they're romantically involved with someone who is 600 or 800, which are increasingly rare ages anyway.

Yeah it's going to restrict 80 yo's from dating 20 yo's and 500 yo's from dating 100 yo's, but are there seriously that many relationships with ages that are so far apart? I'd be genuinely surprised if so. A character who has been around since 1, 2, 3.0 probably just shouldn't be romantically involved with a character born in a recent map. Seems to me like it would be culturally inappropriate for an ancient Elf or Dwarf to procreate with someone who could potentially be a descendant of theirs (whether by blood or not).

Edit: Alternatively -if we think the 2x rule would allow for too big of an age gap- then we just set an acceptable age gap between each race that seems culturally appropriate. I.e., 20 years for humans, 50 years for Dwarves, and 100 years for elves...

Just now, HistoryChap said:

The age of consent for characters across the board remains at 18, but romantic relations could be limited to a 2x age difference for all races. So, a 20 yo human max partner is 40, 40 with 80, etc -- a 100 yo Elf max partner is 200, etc. Once a character is 300, 400... it doesn't seem like it really matters if they're romantically involved with someone who is 600 or 800, which are increasingly rare ages anyway.

Yeah it's going to restrict 80 yo's from dating 20 yo's and 500 yo's from dating 100 yo's, but are there seriously that many relationships with ages that are so far apart? I'd be genuinely surprised if so. A character who has been around since 1, 2, 3.0 probably just shouldn't be romantically involved with a character born in a recent map. Seems to me like it would be culturally inappropriate for an ancient Elf or Dwarf to procreate with someone who could potentially be a descendant of theirs (whether by blood or not).

Edit: Alternatively -if we think the 2x rule would allow for too big of an age gap- then we just set an acceptable age gap between each race that seems culturally appropriate. I.e., 20 years for humans, 50 years for Dwarves, and 100 years for elves...

I had another idea I shared with Unwillingly, that I think it would be easy for tech team to implement:

unknown.png

See this persona card? You see how at the top, it says ((Please remember not to meta-game this information))?
Well, my persona is over 18... but if he had been under 18, maybe there should be a ((This human is under 18 and is not yet an adult)) underneath the metagaming sentence. This could be done for Halflings Under 36, Elves Under 50, and so on.

((This elf is under 50 and is not yet an adult))

((This halfling is under 36 and is not yet an adult))

((This [X] is under [Y] and is not yet an adult))

That way, there is always a constant reminder staring players right in the face when there is an underaged persona.

The age warning would go away once the persona hit their respective Adult Age, and would return to looking like the normal persona card.

The age warning would be reactivated if someone changed the age on the persona slot to be under 18/50/36.

2 hours ago, HistoryChap said:

Too much math, and there's nothing wrong with age gaps after you're over the age of adulthood. Like, my elf was 52 and married another elf who was 150+. How would you even enforce "You must only be x2 apart in age" across the board? You can't. @1_Language_1 's proposal under your post is kinda based though, even if its probably coding no one would want to do.