Feedback on the recent Rule Update: Cultural Pedophilia

Unwillingly

2 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I had another idea I shared with Unwillingly, that I think it would be easy for tech team to implement:

unknown.png

See this persona card? You see how at the top, it says ((Please remember not to meta-game this information))?
Well, my persona is over 18... but if he had been under 18, maybe there should be a ((This human is under 18 and is not yet an adult)) underneath the metagaming sentence. This could be done for Halflings Under 36, Elves Under 50, and so on.

((This elf is under 50 and is not yet an adult))

((This halfling is under 36 and is not yet an adult))

((This [X] is under [Y] and is not yet an adult))

That way, there is always a constant reminder staring players right in the face when there is an underaged persona.

The age warning would go away once the persona hit their respective Adult Age, and would return to looking like the normal persona card.

The age warning would be reactivated if someone changed the age on the persona slot to be under 18/50/36.

Halflings are mature at 33, not 36, but race-specific age warnings would be nice

Late to the party but I always interpreted it like most others. Elves are physically/mentally mature at 18 and pretty much stop physically aging around that time, but the cultural age of adulthood is 50 was just to keep people from jumping on elves as soon as they were 18 (when this whole 50 year age thing first came about, the community I was in didn't even allow those under the age of 50 to get into relationships). Makes sense that a nigh immortal race would view those of their own kind under the age of 50 not being adults just yet (then again my elf is 540+ and sees everyone as youngins). No idea where the whole "they act like children until 50" came to be, but then again I took a 3+ year break so I'm sure a lot of weird shit happened in that time. 

52 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Halflings are mature at 33, not 36, but race-specific age warnings would be nice

I thought you guys were 2x slow, like an 18 year old is 9 years old physically and mentally... so i just thought a 36 year old was just the halfling version of 18.

3 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I thought you guys were 2x slow, like an 18 year old is 9 years old physically and mentally... so i just thought a 36 year old was just the halfling version of 18.

It's not super exact exact. The mature at 33 rule comes from Tolkien where 33 is considered cultural adulthood, and on Lotc it was decided halflings are about physically/mentally mature then too, so we say we age about half as slow as a rough guide.

7 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

Half-speed aging is more so for estimating your character’s human age equivalent quickly. It’s been 33 since I joined.

7 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I had another idea I shared with Unwillingly, that I think it would be easy for tech team to implement:

unknown.png

See this persona card? You see how at the top, it says ((Please remember not to meta-game this information))?
Well, my persona is over 18... but if he had been under 18, maybe there should be a ((This human is under 18 and is not yet an adult)) underneath the metagaming sentence. This could be done for Halflings Under 36, Elves Under 50, and so on.

((This elf is under 50 and is not yet an adult))

((This halfling is under 36 and is not yet an adult))

((This [X] is under [Y] and is not yet an adult))

That way, there is always a constant reminder staring players right in the face when there is an underaged persona.

The age warning would go away once the persona hit their respective Adult Age, and would return to looking like the normal persona card.

The age warning would be reactivated if someone changed the age on the persona slot to be under 18/50/36.

I like this, it would be an easy fix tbh

On 2/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, sami03 said:
On 2/17/2022 at 1:24 PM, kolya said:

you seem upset that some ppl dont like pedos ? why is this..

nvm went on your post history and youre defending erp on the server just over a month ago.

checked your namemc and saw ur a wood elf. hope ur parents are proud mate.

Listen here Schizo,

take your meds

On 2/17/2022 at 11:12 AM, sami03 said:

Listen here Schizo

Not very cute of you to use a mental disorder as a derogatorive term...