Lore Change - Racial Updates

squakhawk

18 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

7b6ea260a6ceed51c7c3b2ba9f45a7b8.png

I'm happy that a different subsect culture of the High Elven race is thriving so much! I know the warclaim was very strange, having two of the same race battle it out. But that's the joys of the craft, when different people within the same race oppose one another. Whether that be the Mali'aheral High Elven Culture, or the Snow High Elf Culture

when are we getting high elven nation status ?

1 minute ago, Monkee said:

when are we getting high elven nation status ?

We can just rename high elves to snow elves right, when we have the nation status? Then the current high elves can be called snow elves, that makes sense to me and seems the most logical way forward if lore team want to play shenanigans with such things

You try to be nice about these things but then they just remove it without discussion and think they can get away with it 

@SquakHawkjoel stole snow elven racial status and nation status, we would like it back please if you won’t recognise us as the main high elven nation. You can’t have your cake and eat it too, it’s either one or the other. We are either the main nation of the high elves, as the largest and most active settlement, or we are our own separate entity entirely and therefore are our own race and nation. @ScreamingDingo @Monkee

33 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Ah, it’s always wonderful when a 300 year old elf has children with an 18 year old 😍

and yet this post solves none of the issues of a 300 year old elf having kids with an 18 year old elf

"but officer grudgebeard she said she was 18"

tbh some people liked my idea about not letting 50 year old elves date elves older than 200 and so on.

WUB DA SKAH? NUB LEGUL?

snelves btfo xD

2 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

kind of lame orcs having sex at 12 tbf

I am concerned that you are having an idea about 12 year old children copulating, especially when people in their sane minds aren't even thinking about this because anyone attempting such a thing would be banned and shamed within a heartbeat. It's stated clearly that no FTB will happen between characters that are under 18, so this thought 12 year olds you are having is a situation already against the rules.

I’m a racial snow elf.
That’s what I roleplay.
My race is snow elf. 

4 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I am concerned that you are having an idea about 12 year old children copulating, especially when people in their sane minds aren't even thinking about this because anyone attempting such a thing would be banned and shamed within a heartbeat. It's stated clearly that no FTB will happen between characters that are under 18, so this thought 12 year olds you are having is a situation already against the rules.

people have done it and did remain unbanned till very recently when it was readdressed by the admin team after getting hushed away for 6 years. (This team only found out about it recently, btw. Which it was quickly acted upon)

I've got a funny perspective on the server, one that slightly gives me a bit less empathy and resilience surrounding these topics and knowing they have come up in discussions prior. Using the words "mental and physical maturity" to define consent and gross roleplay like that.

6 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

people have done it and did remain unbanned till very recently when it was readdressed by the admin team after getting hushed away for 6 years. (This team only found out about it recently, btw. Which it was quickly acted upon)

I've got a funny perspective on the server, one that slightly gives me a bit less empathy and resilience surrounding these topics and knowing they have come up in discussions prior. Using the words "mental and physical maturity" to define consent and gross roleplay like that.

I think then the fact that they remained unbanned despite the clear rules on FTBs, is a fault on the residing moderation/admin team of that time (not the current one) and it shows that sometimes the rules don't need to change, they just need to be properly enforced. Not enforcing current rules just leads to more rules being made and the cycle repeats. 

I'm glad you replied to my post because I was worried it was just going to be hidden and given an infraction for poking a staff member. 

Is anything going to be done about massive age gaps in character relationships? Even though both characters may have reached/surpass the adult age requirement, I know some of the playerbase expressed concerns when a character is in a romantic relationship with someone four times the youngest's age.

1 hour ago, 1_Language_1 said:

and yet this post solves none of the issues of a 300 year old elf having kids with an 18 year old elf

"but officer grudgebeard she said she was 18"

tbh some people liked my idea about not letting 50 year old elves date elves older than 200 and so on.

I don't see the point though, can happen with humans just the same. 90 years old and 18 years old? Can work! It's dumb to that irp and barely makes any sense at all and I think it's really disgusting. Who would want to be with some ew old gnarly and stubborn man/woman at that age? Even if they love each other, one of them would pass away probably decades, if not a century before the other. 

However, from and elven perspective, that's WAY less severe. Why? To take your extreme:

300 and 18. Of course, that sounds crazy, but think about that you're basically immortal - it seems way less problematic. The 18 year old won't have some old gnarly and stubborn old idiot, but one that looks alike themselves in age, isn't ugly and probably not stubborn either. One partner doesn't need to be afraid of the other passing away earlier. All these concerns of the human perspective are gone...

It's way more troubling for me to see 20 year old human girls marry 50 year old humans, then seeing a 18 year old elf marry a 300 year old elf.

Just ban all romance roleplay.

It has no place on the server when there are minors on the server.

It’s ******* cringe anyway