Acolyte's Thesis on Mass

Balthasar

PEACE AND BLESSINGS

ACOLYTE’S THESIS ON MASS

10th of Horen’s Calling, 1861

W171qEQcm2YbkphS7q0pLvBI9hw-vnNoAcQo6bh9ojtSbzi9RjruKBaiKGJIln-gKM5acvmO9kxiiiRsZk22ihuniL7n0ozdIhdxW8KTn3-kpI3By_qr1LxEE9D0HbQj-d-XAbkc

The Basilica of Bl. George of Leuvaarden

Mass is when we, the faithful, are called together to worship God in community. The main objective in mass is to connect with the audience and inspire them through His word, so sermons may differ from priest to priest. Oftentimes priests will take inspiration from recent events and sometimes they take inspiration from the Exalted or even the Lives of the Saints. As long as the One’s Virtue is spread.

I like to think that mass is also a very good opportunity for other lay-people to make acquaintances and connect socially, if not through faith. As much as it is an opportunity for the laity, it is equally a chance for the priesthood to form a bond. The priest is there to help his flock and guide them in the direction the Canon requests of us.

I have explored the Canonist nations of this world and have found many of its citizen’s knowledge of the Canon lacking. I took the initiative before proceeding to write my thesis to interview the common people. It appears either people have only an idea of what mass is, having never attended it or they know what it is, but blank out because the celebrant’s sermon is simply too long and dry!

I do not doubt that the intentions of the Celebrant are good, but in their desire to teach their intentions become misinterpreted or not interpreted at all. I cannot in my humble station demand a priest to change their way of life, when what they do is not wrong. I believe there are remedies we may be able to perform, to lessen the strain on both parties.

Again, I do not demand all priests to adjust to my proposal, but I believe it is for the better if the Priesthood shorten their sermon, cutting off some fat and getting to the heart of the sermon, the teaching part. Rather than recite an entire book from one of the scrolls, the priest might want to consider a story that in principle teaches the same as the book does. Another problem we face is that the laity considers themselves as nothing more than dummies, they sit through mass without saying more than “amen”. Priests must interact with their parish, form relationships and make them feel like they belong with the Mother Church. Coming to Church for any type of sacraments is a chance for others of Virtue to come and bond. I feel there must be new reasons for the parish to come to Church, other than a wedding, a death or baptism. Something separate from a sacrament. 

Signed,

Acolyte Adrian Helen de Sarkozy

To the devout Brother Adrian, @Balthasar

Your writings on masses and Priest and flock interaction show a deep understanding of how a parish should function. I am glad to approve this Thesis. Please find myself or another Clergyperson of some authority to be ordained, and begin your journey in our Holy Mother Church.

GOD bless,

Francis Cardinal Albarosa

-Al2y_tes4m2-mW7CyHL_dlr7cT68WvaMEuV9mUEvqyNueWUCFHrxTXLV1j13_xjc0IbduFLJ3nDBccqavXb6Qr9Ax1LMTajWu6AgRwcMQ7lcgmU7otuXk5srylSBDdKblfA37E9