Lore Sect - Botany Update

squakhawk

In regards to the Athin change, while I am pleased to see that it's property of giving players an actual resistance to  heat, I would like to see that the change removing it's cooling effects be reverted back into it's state before this post. These properties are unique and many items, ranging from Thanhium transportation and cooling systems utilize said property.

What reason was there towards the removal of the cooling property? Perhaps I'm not seeing it from your POV, but to me it seems uneeded. I also really like wearing my armor in hot desert environments, and athin-waxxing was the only really viable way to do so. 

Edited by TryaxReck
actually used a reserved post holy heck!

I HATE ATHIN, MAKE ATHIN ABESTOS

For clarity...I made athin gloves so my character can fire spin with staff (like for show, setting 2 ends on fire and holding the middle and spinning doing tricks..)  and not get burnt. From what I understand now is, the athin gloves are fire resistant but my personas hands are still getting burnt as if they weren't even wearing them? Makes it useless to a degree.

9 minutes ago, GawrNexus said:

For clarity...I made athin gloves so my character can fire spin with staff (like for show, setting 2 ends on fire and holding the middle and spinning doing tricks..)  and not get burnt. From what I understand now is, the athin gloves are fire resistant but my personas hands are still getting burnt as if they weren't even wearing them? Makes it useless to a degree.

Why would your character need protection from getting burnt in the first place if they're doing it properly...

8 minutes ago, rukio said:

Why would your character need protection from getting burnt in the first place if they're doing it properly...

I also do this in real life, using kevlar gloves. Even if you are safe and doing it properly, the flames still can and will hit your hands because fire isnt stagnate. So fire proof gloves help you from injuries.

10 minutes ago, rukio said:

This is just needlessly sarcastic and unhelpful. 

20 minutes ago, GawrNexus said:

Much like real flame retardant gloves it will prevent your hands from being caught on fire by accidentally dropping flame or oil off of it; you can avoid being caught on fire by accidents but you can't stand in the stream of a flamethrower without succumbing to the heat.

7 minutes ago, Tentoa said:

This is just needlessly sarcastic and unhelpful. 

Actually it was a genuine question I just didn't put the proper punctuation at the end but go on, take another jab 

admins plz stop changing things its hard to keep up.

but if youre really gonna stay on it, FOR GODS SAKE GET RID OF THAT DAMN HORSE MOUNTING DELAY

I have no regrets. And sorry

This was not an edit I was expecting to see. But I'm not surprised considering how many Athin related submissions seem to be made every week from what I have heard. This should pull the work load off the ST and allow for more free form creation with general herbs, which I can see both the state and us players benefiting from. Less stress for the staff and more freedom to be creative as long as we don't break red lines. 

It sounds good to me!