WHO ARE YOU?

Hephaestus

Spoiler

For those interested, please arrange roleplay with me at Hephaestus#8435 on Discord. I urge you not to simply bird, but rather to meet me IRP.

WHO AM I?

THE RECRUITMENT DRIVE

CRZRDl4eAGyfWsujcZ5zkzTK_Bdv0pp_9j40hjqUCn5JJe1QEDn9PlEbbZE_8OQ2rxuSUGdfzDeLEGEEb6hSOgyBs3AOobMIV1b0ILoEX9rWV1A7OpMKdvrLxpf_OUXqfotJrNul

A depiction of the esteemed author, so says the dossier

Luridly-clad couriers in torn-and-tattered foustanellas and impossibly stacked and festooned turbans, evidently from the south, strut from place-to-place, city-to-city, fort-to-fort, hellbent on delivering a memo. They haul dozens upon dozens upon hundreds of copies — half of which, it was clear, would not touch another man’s hands nor meet his eyes. The corners of the memos are saturated with sweat from the palms of the mail-heralds, and, for all intents and purposes, appear to be wrought of a pretender-gold paper composite. Ostensible depictions of a fantastically-handsome gentleman have been printed across the page header, contrasted wholly by an egregious handwriting, flip-flopping between Common and an indeterminate foreign script — almost fictional. The memos all read as followed:

WHO AM I?

A Field Guide to the Moneyed Prince, Ur-Sahar, and a Recruitment Drive to His Court

“A man of affluence, to be sure.”

— IMPERATOR OF THE EMPIRE OF AAUN (OREN),

C. THE PRIOR MONTH.

“What is there to say?

He is sophisticated, dependable, and, by Godan… devilishly handsome.

— QUEEN-MOTHER OF HANSETI

C. THIS MORNING.

“An excellent sparring partner.

Ten marks out of ten, if I should say.”

— INTERREX OF ELVENDOM

C. THE LAST GRAND MIHYAARI DERBY.

INDEX

i. Introduction …

ii. Cause …

iii. Contact Me …

iv. On Ur-Sahar …

I - INTRODUCTION

Greetings, all and sundry. I am Sahar-Maharaj, of the patrician house of Ur (Sahar is my given name, please remember it). You may surmise then, what reason have I to indulge in this field guide? With heavy heart, I declare that I am, in fact, the Pharaoh of Mihyaar, and, so far as I and my people are concerned, the Prince of Baal-Hazor. For reasons provided, I think I am owed a modicum of respect. I hope you will forgive my audacity, impoliteness, and inability to deliver this memo on my own accord. Lady Luck has rendered me bed-bound on this day after last evening’s champagne bender — in other words, I was cross-eyed drunk as a skunk and pissed as a newt, and am henceforth legless on account of a hangover, and the aftertaste of yesterday’s excess. This memo shall suffice in my absence, in conveying to you the honour of my character (I have a mule’s resoluteness and the quick-wit of a king).

Mihyaar is two-continents over this realm, in the lands adjoining the False Sea and Rh’thor, the Lodge of Yulthar. Our diaspora has seen adversity of the worst severity, and, as good fortune should have it, a man temperate as I is mantled with dominion and princeship over it.

The pilgrimage to descendant lands has boded terrible, I regret to inform. Danger on every step, and at every danger, an increasingly tenuous descendant lore and subsequent defeat: taxes, warfare, legislation, laws. All so banal and unnecessarily convoluted. When did Mankind become so complicated? Even so little as to own land is a tangled affair. That is besides the point. Our exile has marked a hard-bitten and difficult point in our history. Even then, I hold the stalwart and hardy belief that, there are faint glimmers of civilisation in this barbaric slaughterhouse which was once known as humanity. It is what I provide, in my own modest, humble, insignificant… oh, **** it. 

The writer has given up. The writings following this point amount only to an indistinct, erratic slur of hieroglyphics.

Hence, I have taken the initiative to accost you to my company. Rather, my entourage and court. I hold bated breath in your response.

II - CAUSE

I pen to you this memo with wishes that you will join my court and my retinue. It begs the question, however, who are we? My court of Mihyaar seeks to establish a village in the southern badlands, but otherwise, spread joy and positivity and indulge in scholarship (among other endeavours i.e., world domination). Those who oppose will be slighted, do not underestimate my wealth. Trust and believe, it will be an exquisite affair.

And, there is also the third question of, who are you?

My standards are high, do not doubt, and I believe that not all among us hold purpose. Not in my entourage, at least. Please consider this message if you are one of the followed:

i. a jester (and/or dabble in joke-telling).

ii. a juggler (juggled object non-specific).

iii. an elephant-rearer (elephant required).

iv. a learned scholar (grasp upon the alchemical not required).

v. a pretty woman.

Negotiations are, in all matters, fine. If you are none of the above, or otherwise a good-for-nothing, good-at-nothing wastrel, respectfully find another court or entourage to join. 

III - CONTACT ME

Should you prove interested in this pursuit, then I implore you to approach me or my contemporaries. Ordinarily, I can be found in Niseep and the surrounding heath-lands. However, I can similarly be found in the company of variable drunk pissants, i.e., taverns, and speakeasies. Do not take me for a fool, I am very perceptive (I am also a pharaoh and prince).

IV - ABOUT THE AUTHOR, ON UR-SAHAR

Ur-Sahar-Maharaj (in order of; surname, given name, and additional name) was born to Ur-Farhan in the first year of the third-decade, of the Second Age, and is the de jure Pharaoh of Mihyaar and Prince of the City of Baal-Hazor, twice-elected Mr. Yulthar, and published author of Mihyaari romantic and alchemical poetry (see, Ballads for Mihyaari Women, Seventy Ways to Say ‘I Love You,’ Ras-Vida: the Penultimate Alchemy). One of the most intuitive bohemians and scribes of the Lands-Adjoining-Rh’thor, he is reputed for his intuition and quick-wit, as well as influence as the largest mogul and tycoon in the splintered Mihyaar, and the greatest Ras-Vidaean alchemist in the south, questionable sources say. Notable achievements are consistent of, authority over the Mihyaari, and bringing western alchemy to the likes of the Mihyaari.

kkZIZfSrFoy1Fc3ROuxqQp8s92Vceafi9tC36seAUhpJhgeJlnP656bMfk07YlM9I8B2TF6RU0SmWerQf_IzFQiaiUX2pu9YZZO8E-YI804NHvmCeowsq4qR1EHwTSSUiaEmpy_7

The erstwhile and future Prioress of Yulthar managed to find a few tatters of this missive in the far flung Pirate Coasts of Almaris, a vicious 'hek hek hek hek' of a laugh emanating from the hunchbacked woman as she scanned the parchment over. "Dearest trinkets, he seek a pretty woman. The lands of Yulthar knew none fairer than the Prioress." The she-creature stumbled for the door, basket of trinkets clasped tight in her gnarled and bony hands.

Spoiler