PROCLAMATION TO THE SILVER CITY, MISSIVE TO THE PEOPLE OF HAELUN'OR

E__V__O

MISSIVE TO THE PEOPLE OF HAELUN'OR

L44xoacRul-m2YawzuM9FfY6SmqJJmI35DiD2Z5n

The Silver State of Haelun'or has had many triumphs and failures SINCE THE elven years of its creation. The first mali'aheral, guided by Larihei, to the city we have changed, adapted, and grown accustomed to with the initial idea of what Larihei gave insight to; maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. The city's progress and health are the driving force for the many years promoted by the blessed citizens of the nation, being that the trusted 'aheral of the municipality follow governing laws, purity, and protecting the state when needed.

I bring this to the attention of the city's citizens and the council. Haelun'or, through its many years, promoted itself as a democracy and provenance. In recent years, however, from the rise of Braxus, a new constitution was made, one where it removed the democratic process, changing the governing body on choices to an oligarchy. The former blessed citizen status was stripped from the people and only given to those only the council, promoted further by the following Sohaer, Idendril Elassadil, and the current leadership of the Maheral, Elesia.

The new constitution supposedly was made to highlight further progress for the city and its health moving forward; however, during the valah years of its implementation, the constitution has proved only to be made to protect the governing leadership from the opposition. A challenge to any council or Sohaer requires blessed citizenry, only given to the council as described above. The oligarchy started with this constitution; democracy in the city died. I resent my challenge to Okarir'Tayna, charged with the Magical development of Haelun'or and its citizenry. The former Sohaer, Idendril, asked me to fill the position, taking it from Seth Calith. The reasoning is simple; democracy has died. I, Evo'lur Tartarus, wish to be voted by the blessed citizenry of Haelun'or. These people should have the power to vote for nominations and challenge my position without prior gifted permission from the Sohaer. I do not support the oligarch; it does not promote progress and health of the city, instead restricts.

Maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. The words of our people, how can we say our city focuses on progress when the citizens have no say in the laws that govern them? How can we say our city focuses on health when the citizens cannot put themselves forwards to challenge the council? I put this message out to the people of Haelun'or, to question the current constitution of the city that fails the basic saying Haelun'or has survived on for millennia, the new system fails the people of the city, it has brought war to our lands and death on our leaders.

I want the city to progress, and I want the city to grow, however not at the cost of citizen rights, citizen votes, and citizenry challenge. The current Haelun'or is not our Haelun'or. The city is lost, quoted from the Maheral, but they are failing by not changing the laws which have condemned the people, deepening the loss.

L44xoacRul-m2YawzuM9FfY6SmqJJmI35DiD2Z5n

ZoRrKlw.png

Undersigned Evo'lur Tartarus

By will of elheial’thilln, by will of the Maheral

GFvlqj5.png

A tanned PATRIOT sheds a tear at the thought of it all. WOE are we, the blessed citizenry, who suffer the fact. We are blessed peoples, but to restrict our rights instead of promote them? What makes us higher than the lessers who serve their oligarchs and dictators even through great terrors of will imposed on them, and the people gain nothing. We must hold the vote. Mali who does not participate in politics is only half a Mali. 

Edited by SteppeNomad

A 'thill looks over the paper with crossed arms, reading it quietly unto himself. His brows furrow and slant upwards as he contemplates the writing. He mutters to himself, "I agree in most case.. Though only those who are beneficial and loyal to the state should get a say.." He scoffs, "The last thing we want is the faux princess of bandits to have an in.."

A young high elf skimmed over the missive, his countenance painted with mild disdain. Recalling his rather unfruitful debate with Evo'ur, he would repeat the same arguments, though now in the form of a response, penned to the bottom of this missive:

divid.png.d187da040b18cf708857c3215ab77865.png

No matter how blessed nor wise our peoples are, few are competent enough to place the entire fate of Elcihi'thilln into the hands of. A great concern is also the matter of those who would seek to sow unrest and chaos mustering their votes together to bring about the instability or stagnancy of Karinah'siol.

Being aware of this, you suggest a system where those who have proven to be laudable enough to deserve the vote should receive this privilege - creating therefore an electoral college where whosoever is in charge of appointing Blessed Citizens with voting rights can create a so called oligarchy of their own, be it Elsohaer or anyone else. This is a flaw so absurd it could cost us centuries of progress and, in the end, would only be a faux, rotten democracy where bribes, ignorance, short-termism and gerrymandering would reign supreme.

To sink as low as to call the system an oligarchy is most unbefitting of a mali'thill with a name as revered and ancient as your own, and it disheartens me that despite being aware it is a meritocracy, you use so many logical fallacies worthy of a valah court-meeting.

Despite the very few decades I've amassed in this world, it feels as if it is my duty to challenge this irrationality you seek to commit. Ne, perhaps it is my young age which shall serve me well when I seek to remind you of Maehr'sae hiylun'ehya, and that to turn back the clock a few centuries goes against the most sacred pillar of our society.

I, Arasdir Miravaris, challange Mister Evo'lur Tartarus to bring this argument to rest in the most fitting way for those who bleed silver: a debate.

mya9QYT81kvb0yuhxc7HH7iMN9y7pcaNRc1yNjbMrNlYNOWzz2KwZ4uAx1LPSsFCvLF4kzqCP8XInciqD20y_Sl72VgD39CGU8JqnffRQ6c67Qs1PddRuY7hEBvwQZQowfP_qHVr

divid.png.7f8c9b03df1abcc2146a5aabbf171ff3.png

9 minutes ago, Kenzo74 said:

The penned form would be removed and replaced with another penned note at the bottom.

"Those seeking a debate, challenge or formal discussion should not informally pen a notice to one of several missive papers. If you wish to contact me, please do so with a bird or request setup with the Okarir'mali, who i'm sure would love to adorn an event of the debate between two aheral. To the prior note that was pinned prior the challenge is accepted.".

Undersigned Evo'lur Tartarus

By will of elheial’thilln, by will of the Maheral

GFvlqj5.png

"Granted I don't have much to do with the state, but I do know this one has had many projects in Sutica back in Arcas worth more over the current lad in charge I haven't even heard of." The Silver Lubba spoke out as he had caught wind

Ayliana Valwynn, Okarir’mali of Haelunor, rubs her hands together as she is ready to host the debate event!

”Oh how I do love formal debates.”

The women said as she read all three letters attached to one another over her morning tea.

“Perhaps this debate ought to be hosted around the time of that ball,” mused Celiasul as she noticed the letter in passing.  Following that, she grumbled something to herself about void magic being for the weak-willed.