Salvation

TheWhiteWolf

jbWNZ_BqOgBle6GxVESnvrZrH_8NObgJBsEwmlQKsd_C2x3x054-eCQGJX-rJpylIdZRBacMLVLRiYkBQq_myH1dsm7MieII8u4udg2TecFSe8BCnngmcSdQlQo0Ci_fsNCf3oEE

-An Artist's Impression of the Strange Herald that is roaming the world.-

Spoiler

“Do not be afraid, Child. We are not your Enemy..”

The young man had been frozen in fear, their gaze unable to tear away from the armour clad entity that stood towering before them. The cold wind of the night howled around the duo, carrying with it the scent of death. Just beyond the entity lay the bodies of two slain men, seemingly of the cloth and servants of a higher power. The ground was awash in their crimson blood, baptized with the very essence of their life.

“Nor are we your Friend.. Mortal Man cries out for help, they languish in their cities beneath the boots of uncaring Masters. They live blinded by the lies and deception of the Aenguls that is enforced by the traitorous Maleficar.”

An ethereal mist seemed to drift gently across the ridges and surfaces of the blood stained armour the entity wore, like a tide lapping gently at the shore. It seemed to have no origin other than from within the stygian abyss that resided in the armour. As the figure spoke, it was naught a single voice that was heard, but a choir of voices that spoke in a discordant sing-song melody.

The entity came to take a knee, taloned digits reaching out to caress the soft pale flesh of the young man that could do nothing but stand frozen in fear. The entity's touch was careful however, almost nurturing in nature.

“We offer you nothing but enlightenment.. we offer you the truth. We will break the Cycle that has plagued Mortal Man for time immemorial.”

As the figure rose to its full height, their blackened armour straining with the movement, an open hand would be offered to the young man.

“We are your Salvation, allow us to open your eyes.”

News would soon spread of this armour clad figure roaming the roads outside major cities, who were they? And what did they want?

"Rumors and whispers, though they may be true. I advise caution to those mortals, They are a force to be reckoned with.stated the unseen figure, a blood ridden emissary that had nothing better to do than to listen to the gossip of mortal men and the news of the world - so he may come to understand the intricacies of Almaris and what it had to offer him.

"I hope you know what you're doing, old friend.."

ChildTea stares at the darkness, pondering.

Who is this person I've heard of? I wonder if they're connected to that fellow I saw in Fenn.. Or perhaps that monster in the tower. 

Artos Calding readies himself for a search!

Aobh, having departed in full from Elysium, could not help but overhear news of this mysterious being. "Could it be? Surely not...plenty say maleficar." She'd trail off, wiping away a singular tear as memories swirl through her ever active mind. 

"Huh, wonder if i'll run into them at some point. They seem like they'd make for an interesting conversation" murmurs a certain one-eyed blacksmith in the frigid north.