A Bastards Goodbye[PK Post]

Damnit_Delmar

Spoiler

A written letter would be left out, made for all to see and hear, a precaution in case the adunian known as Vesryn Otellio Delmar died suddenly. 

"Hello there everyone, I know this is an improper way to start a letter. But I've never been much of a proper indvidual, I'm a lying conniving bastard, that somehow won the grandest prize in life. To think that a peasent like I, managed to become nobility, riches, and gain a loving family. To think that I would rise the way I did, and attain what I did, I mean like I said. I'm a right and true bastard. But I digress, I would like to make a small message, for those I knew and those I interacted with semi often. I thank those that genuinely gave me a chance, that trusted my decisions, and put faith in me. I thank you those that guided me, and those I could call fellow brothers and sisters in arms. Most certainly, I thank those that accepted me as an equal, regardless of my Adunian heritage which I am proud of. 

To some of you, I will leave behind a personal letter, however for others I shall either thank you or curse you out here. Borok you where a right Orc and fun hunting buddy, I hope you achieve all that you are looking for in the way of Grizh. To Ahng,  you where a cool Brotha to hang out with. To Yarrow, You gave out really good Cactus Green.  Ellathor, you where a bit of an idiot, but you had a kind heart. Do right by the Rangers and the rest of Elysium. To Aiyeis, you where an amazing soul, and I wish you nothing but the best in life. To Coral, I wish you and Edward the best. To the Vanari's, I personal would like to flip you all off, but you have the arm of my favorite flipping off hand. To Alona and Togrim Vanari, you are the exception to the prior flipping off. It was an honor to work with you both. To Strange Incantations, you where one of my favorite book shops. To Adem, good luck on your ventures. Avery I hope you continue on with your reading studies, your doing good. Prince Amaesil, I still hold that grudge on you not paying me for the arm.  Aech, stay short and fearsome. Rina D'avre I will meet you in the pits of Moz. Rylanor, you where a good proud dwede, and I thank you always for the hand you gave me. Cypress, you where an idiot who talked shit about my wife, **** you. Kane, you where cool, good beard.  To all the vampire covens in Almaris, **** you, I can kill you with seasoning. To the Inferi of Almaris, **** you, you fed my soul. *******. To all Voidal Mages, besides the select handful I like.  **** you, for bringing about the hollow, you fuckwits.  To the mystics of the realm, I don't know you that well, hope that Specter I sent is okay. To the Necromancers of Almaris, some of you where *******. To the druids of Almaris, you had some good people in your groups I respect it. To Lotis however, **** you for trying to kill my wife that one time. But thank you for the cool sword. To the pumpkin duchess, I will meet you Stroz, you round pumpkin *****. To the entirety of Oren and it's people, **** you for killing my people and it's culture, you genocidal scumbags.  To the Paladins, **** you you pompous little *******. To Yong Ping, you had a rat problem, I now hate rats because of you. To Sions extended family, why didn't you like me? To the O'Roukes, some of you where good people. To Auden, I'm sorry I could have been better. To Elysium as a whole, your city was good, the people where somewhat shit though. To Hexers, you where shit monster hunters. To the Lectors, thank you for the arm. Lastly to round it all of, to the entirety of Cartref Mor. Though I was here from the start in physical form, I will sadly be unable to progress and see how you grow and flourish in the physical. But, my spirit shall remain, guiding as an Ancestor from above. To always help point to the right direction in life, and to always scheme you out of a situation. "

Signed - Vesryn Otellio Delmar, The Viper, Head of Diplomacy in Cartref Mor, Far Scryer of the Adunains.

Sent out in private, would be letters for Six Indviduals. Labled [@Setsuko_] Edward Thuri-Elendil, [@Sciencepants2] Sionnach Delmar Redfist, Velen, [@Braydben] Bryan, [@BloodyZarios] Feo, [@DrHope] Lord John

OOC Notes

Spoiler

Over the last couple of months I had a lot of fun playing as Vesryn Delmar, he was genuinely a fun bastardly character to play and he was also a fun experience. I'm honored to have managed to play him in all different communities, and I hope he was a fun addition to other communities. This is certainly not the end of me, as I may return someday, that said I have not been that active on the server and been wanting to give a satisfactory end to him. All in all, I'm happy to have met some of you, and wish nothing but the best to the good people of the server. Goodbye for now, and hopefully someday, you may see the blindman bastard in a different form. 

The recently crowned Rex stared at the letter for some time. 
Orkish curses escaping his mouth with every new words he saw on the piece of paper.

Finally, he placed it in his chest and exited the Keep of San’Velku.

Borok stretched his shoulders, grabbed a horn and blew in it.

« RALLY DA HORDE! Nârazh pùzgz îzubû tû zûlmog Elvernezz! »

A lone man sat in deafening silence, amongst a cluttered workshop.

Day by day, night by night, sewing, carving, scraps of cloth and wood shavings piling up at either side of his scarred seat; of which, kittens rested about the floorboards, a screowl up in the ceiling.

On a monthly visit to Cartref did he come across this letter, 

yet not a sound nor a word escaped this man.

Instead, the maelstrom of voices grew within his head, much to the annoyance of the second existing resident.

And so, only a dim frown graced the man's visage.

That beaten but dimly shining ring was set to rest on a nearby shelf, as the man returned to his feverish work, pallid, unwilling to stop, unable to quit, lest he think too hard about it.

Nailo Kanavainua went on with her day having no idea what was going on! But clearly, someone died, this dumb elfess knew nothing.

Kin read the letter and couldn't help but chuckle about the rat issue. However he wished the man well in the life after this. Wishing they got to share a other cup of tea

An armored figure sat before the hearth of Cartref Mor's tavern, clutching the letter in his hands. His eyes would wander between the words, only half reading them... His shoulders slump slightly as he continues, though not a sound escapes his helm. Underneath, his face remained emotionless.

He considers dropping the paper into the fire, to be done with the memories of yet another friend lost, but falters. He instead sets the letter on the floor nearby, pulling a small crooked knife from his belt in it's stead. He stares down at it, his eyes bouncing between the blade and the fire, as a quiet chuckle escapes his mouth...

"I won't forget you, f--"

To the docks of Cartref Mor, Edward Thuri-Elendil sits. The cannons had long since ceased their volleys, one last outcry for the departed. Alone he sits, a small flask in his good hand. Those olive eyes scan the waves, waves he learned to tame at a young age. Just like him.

The push and pull of the water lulled his mind, which raced with fever. His gaze slowly pans down to the flask as he raises it up. A crest adorns it's surface, though not of his own family. House Delmar's purple crest stares to the templar as he brings it to his lips, the taste of his favorite whiskey overtaking his mouth. He swallows slow, savoring the taste and each memory it brought with it.

"Here's a health to the company" the man whispers out, raising the flask to salute the waves. His head then bows slightly, a deep sigh coming out. He brings his good hand to his hair, running the digits through. "I hate you for leaving me..." comes the adunian's voice again, quiet and low. "... I ache for your loss."

Slowly the man rises, taking a moment's pause to suck in a breath. "nes i ni gyfarfod eto, frawd". With this, the last of the two successors turns on heel, stepping along with muted footfalls and a bowed head. 

An Army Initiate brings this missive to Ellathor, the Lord Commander takes a break from his training on the dummy and takes the missive, reading. A long breath is drawn and let out as he reads over his part on the letter, he tilts his head to the side a little and pursues his lips, a hum leaving him.

2 minutes ago, Thannon said:

An Army Initiate brings this missive to Ellathor, the Lord Commander takes a break from his training on the dummy and takes the missive, reading. A long breath is drawn and let out as he reads over his part on the letter, he tilts his head to the side a little and pursues his lips, a hum leaving him.

Eugeo gang-signs at Ellathor from the tower nearby. In the meanwhile, he wished the very best for Vesryn, recalling the man from his onset of his journey on Almaris, and now, his journey's end. 

For the first time in many a year, in a house that was now hers, Sionnach, the one who seems to out fight, out drink and now out live another one of her lovers sit and ponders the life she managed to half live. 

For she had formed a life with this man, built a house and help raise a village with him, and managed to achieve one of her main goals, to have a family. 

And within a short time she was sent rocketing back to the start of her journey, once again alone in her ventures, though with more friends, the lone knight stared at her glaive, an ever present item at her side, and  pondered her next steps.
For once, the Vixen of the central plains did not have a plan.  

22 hours ago, SilvertheGM said:

To Strange Incantations, you where one of my favorite book shops.

Danica Velulsaei'sul smiles.

22 hours ago, SilvertheGM said:

To the Inferi of Almaris, **** you, you fed my soul.

Mozizhkar makes this face:
7SG8W8o.png

Amaesil exhales through his nose as he reads his name in the letter. "Of course."

Spoiler

To be fair, it did turn out to be a poor investment.

Rohir would read the letter, a frown growing on his stern countenance as he'd look over the paper. On occasion a sad, reminiscent smile would cross his face at his old friend's characteristic humor, though these looks would disappear back into a troubled frown nigh as quickly as they'd appear. After a few moments of thought and a few more scans of the paper, Rohir would put it down, sighing deeply, shaking his head and saying woefully "We've lost a good man this day, a good friend. Something we cannot afford. We had far too few of those already..." he'd trail off, shaking his head once more as he'd let the letter fall to the table, pull his hood over his head and mask over his face before heading off into the wilds, for they always brought the Bowie peace.

Aech Amberace looked at the letter with shock, closing her eyes with a heavy sigh. Why do my friends keep on dying... She thought to herself. And why did it take so long for me to learn this? "...Ves, you bastard..." She whispered, staring at the paper. "I never thought I'd say it but... I miss you." She says softly, placing the missive down as a single tear escaped her eye. 

A high elven woman looked at the missive with a blink. "...rest in peace captain." She remarked, tossing it to the side. She frowns, deep in thought. Am I.... sad? But Hera was never sad... "...sail on, Vesryn. I'll join you someday." 

Spoiler

Not me not realizing this happened??

The elfess read the letter far too late, her eyes welling with tears at the realization that she had lost yet another llir. Placing the paper down, she leaned back into her, her hands moving up to clasp the scarred flesh where her ears once were. "Van'ayla Vesryn, I hope that I see you in the next life and we meet far sooner before your death comes."