A Fox Falls [PK]

TaytoTot

Spoiler

[!] The following letter would arrive to Amaesil Vuln’miruel. 

OidlbmfU1dqvNQUqEvhJTqOj4gRoyU8Ea6F8JT3uanndC9IYP3fTAIdqJGHoKWnw5kfhX3zvqKxqSi3m7d_syjKN47cRIH2hL-PS-6Q9vnbNoRKVEpE8MzqJ8qw9lgVLzOfq7VP-

b2IWGZikgBJyKooFx6pmz8rCXms9yYo2mUoE2brag57mUJ-V0WP3LbNwJA-x6MmtgUB3I5J4PNq-mzBmkylWHEbAkCyhKStrSYKftBrBMkn_C0C5rU5dmWDbSa8k5blSOrHGIqDO

OidlbmfU1dqvNQUqEvhJTqOj4gRoyU8Ea6F8JT3uanndC9IYP3fTAIdqJGHoKWnw5kfhX3zvqKxqSi3m7d_syjKN47cRIH2hL-PS-6Q9vnbNoRKVEpE8MzqJ8qw9lgVLzOfq7VP-

Mal’onn, if and when this letter reaches you, it will be due to my own stupidity. 

A ginger-haired fox sits on a cliff, her legs dangling from the stone as she peered out upon the landscape. What a beautiful place it was… Below her were valleys of lilacs and various flora. Even after such a horrible event, beauty can grow from it. 

And with this stupidity of mine, something had happened. What it is, I couldn’t tell you as I am no longer living to tell you. 

Behind this fox, a blond mali’thill would approach. “Syllana,” He said to her, beckoning her attention to him. 

Though, I miss the days when our seed was still together. The memories of everything we did. You, Mal’onn, guided me through a change that I didn’t know I needed. 

Her head would turn, her eyes lighting up. “Maln?” She would ask, rising from where she sat, dusting the earth from her skirt. The two would go to each other, embracing for the first time in years. 

I became a fox, a Vuln’miruel, someone finally with a family, thanks to you and all you have done. 

“Syllana, there is an unfortunate truth I must inform you of.” He would say, his tone always so cold and distant like how it was when she was a child.

Maybe I should be thanking Galan more since he got me out of Haelun’or, but you had the greatest impact on me and my Talonnii. 

“What is it?” The fox would ask as she stepped back from her father, her golden eyes staring up at him. 

Without your guidance, I know I would still be lost. Especially after losing so many closest to my poor soul. 

“The unfortunate truth is… I have to do this.” 

So, with that, I thank you. Amaesil, as a mal’onn and as a leader, you have changed so many. I am extremely grateful. I find it sad that I could never make it up to you.” 

“What!?” She would ask, the only way she could possibly respond before…

While writing this letter to you, I’ve thought about so many memories I have and all the people I know we have both yet to introduce each other to. I wish I had the chance. I wish I took the chances I was given but was too cowardly to take. 

The fox was pushed. Off of the cliff, falling down into the countryside of the Elven city she called home. 

And please, make sure the others receive the letters I have prepared for them. Hopefully, I will be able to see you again one day, Mal’onn.

Additional Letters: 

Galan @VoidandNull

Spoiler

“Not many words can describe what is going through my mind right now. I’ve lived most of my life by your side, it’s hard to imagine a world where we could possibly be separate. I want you to take this time to do all the things I couldn’t do. Explore more and tell me of all your adventures when we can meet again. You better take care of our kin and continue my teachings for me.

Ah’asulle" 

Malithor @Papa_Nook

Spoiler

“Malithor, do you remember the days of our young adulthood? All the travels and adventures we spent together? The crazy ex-lovers and the wild tavern nights… I so dearly miss the times I spent with you. If only fate hadn’t treated us so horribly, maybe we still would be adventuring together. Treat Galan well for me, would you?

Take care, Syllana”

Sonna @Junoix

Spoiler

“Haelun, you were the best Haelun I could ever ask for. Ahernan for all you have done for me. You gave me a home when I needed it the most. You gave me a family to love and cherish while I lived. I am so sorry I have failed you Haelun. I know… all of this grief is too much for you to handle at this point. But please, you are strong. Continue on for all of us.

Love, Syll” 

Yulnayl @rat delta

Spoiler

“Yuln, you're like a daughter to me even though you are my niece. You are such a wonderful young woman and I regret that I couldn’t see more of you and teach you such wondrous things about the world before passing. I want you to send a letter to Annore Reede de Astrea asking if she can continue your lessons for me. I doubt she will decline. And ask your Uncle Galan for my books. I want you to have them to help you flourish.

With the utmost love, Malmar’onn Syll”

Awknowledgements:

Spoiler

Let's excuse my horrible writing, I am tired...

I would like to thank everyone who roleplayed with me during the time that I have played Syllana. She was my first character on LoTC and it honestly breaks my heart to let her go... but I was to the point where I knew she wasn't going to progress further and I don't enjoy playing her anymore. Though, I would like to thank @puffables the most for introducing me to my first ever community on LoTC and making me feel welcome on the server. Without them, I don't think I would've ever played on the server.  That honestly went a long way and I am so thankful. I am so thankful for all the conflict, family drama, lessons and other rp I have encountered as Syllana. Her character had come so far from when I started... I can't wait to roleplay with everyone on my next character and create more stories!

Credits:

https://www.deviantart.com/liticaharmony/art/Sleepy-Fox-705063920

https://www.deviantart.com/unolespirit/art/Autumn-Branch-Divider-771586626

As Kosher went about with preparations, he would receive word of the death of the elfess. "Another taken so soon." He would take a break from preparations to crack open a whiskey, tilting it towards the sky in a salute to the fallen elfess, downing the drink. "Is this all you wish for?" He yells to the sky, tears welling in his eyes. "You simply want more you greedy bastards?" The elf would sit back down, asking himself why the aspects would allow such to happen.

[!] Melawen had heard of her aunt's passing a grim expression taking on her face as she quickly picked up a few items, a book, a small flower crown and a few spare lilac's as the 'ame walked to the woods setting up a memorial for the passing of her aunt just next to the one of her mother. "I hope to see you both someday.. without you mar'haelun Sylanna.. i wouldn't know how to break men's hearts.. or what cigarettes' are.." Melly finished her small rant to the world with a prayer one for her fallen aunt, her mother, and one for the living.

"From Syllana?" Amaesil asked with a raised brow. The courier set the bound letter in the elven prince's hand and sauntered off into the inner portion of Ilandria. Amaesil looked down at the seal. It is her seal, he thought. A sense of dread overcame him, but he pushed it away. Surely this was a blessing — to hear from his sister after so many years.

An invite to tea, surely, he thought as he climbed the stairs of the city with the parchment in hand. An update on Yulnayl's lessons in House Magery awaits me, no doubt.

Then he read.

The elf's lips tightened and tears welled in his eyes. He did not fight them; they flowed freely down his cheeks and dripped onto the red half-cloak he had worn for so many years. Days passed without a single sighting of the elven prince; weeks.

A month passed by. One autumn morning, a flock of birds took flight from the Ebonwood and delivered the letters across Almaris. One letter, however, was left unsent. It read...

Vulnmiruel_Symbol_Forums.png

Syllana.

I do not know — nor will I ever — why you saw me in this way. You were my sister and I loved you, but the appreciation and care you express for me in these final moments makes me feel unworthy; undeserving.

You speak about how I changed your life, but you neglect to mention the impact you had in mine: I had a sister, Yulnayl had an aunt, Elvenesse had a Lady Steward unmatched and Haelun'or lost one of its best.

I do not know what led to your fall, but you will be honored forevermore as I breathe the woodland air. Whatever realm you now claim as your home will someday be filled with elves you recognize and elves you do not; however, all will come to honor you and the great deeds of service you conducted in this life. That is all I can offer you now that you have been rescued from these accursed lands of Descendants.

I love you, Syllana. Rest now and forever. I will join you in time.

Spoiler

Tayto is pretty neat. Whatever she does next better come with a nice pension and retirement plan.

"LATZ MOMO, LATZ ZIZTUH, LATZ BRUDDUH, LATZ COUZIN, LATZ POPO, LATZ UNKLE, LATZ AUHNTIE." The Uruk trailed on, continuing to name more and more people, before forgetting what it was mad about.

An decent aged adunian would finally make the trek home, his appreance much diffrent but he still remember his home. He would step into the elven city making his way home "mom!" he called call to no answer, he then started around the city when he heard the news. In that moment he felt like he had been hit hard by a wagon, his jaw clenched and before anyone could talk to him, he would burst out into a sprint until his lungs felt like they were on fire to which he slumped down and began senselessly sobbing. He sobbed and screamed until his throat was raw, and then forcing himself to stand from his mess of a crying heap, he stumbled his way to cartef locking the door to his small home on the way in. 

Spoiler

Hey msg to you tayto, I loved roleplaying with you as syllan she became a big part in shaping cypress, and I hope to get to know your new charaters and just see you enjoy yourself girl <3

The druidess walked alone in the flowering forests of Almaris as the rumors spreaders of the death of the stewardess, she would let out a sigh as she did a small prayer “I may have not known you, but I know Baz and Florida was special. For you, llir, I will send Florida to the wilds to be free. May the Aspects guide you home…”

She thought she had felt it all, especially the grief of a loved one's death. Friends, parents, husbands...

But it was all nothing compared to this.

There is no greater pain than losing a child, Sonna had always known this. She had known, having been blessed with so many children, that one dying before her was a strong possibility. But there is no preparing for that day; there is no relief from the breaking it brings. 

Typically, mothers will have support as they go through this. Other mothers will flock to them, consoling them and helping them heal.

But not Sonna.

Alone, she received the letter. Alone, she clutched it to her chest. Alone, she collapsed into a heap of tears and blood. And alone, she begins to decay.